Gold Package just arrived, yay!

Woohoo i got my Gold Pack this morning at 8:00AM GMT, i live in the UK aswell thats great from WA to Up north to my house in 2 days, thats good going !!!!!

woohhoooo any other UK's got theirs?

Three difficulty modes: Easy, Normal, and Hard. This isn't really much of a spoiler but the tags are there just to be safe. The specifics of each are listed below:

On Easy you get 20% more ammo when you find a pickup, and on Hard, 40% less. You take half damage from enemies on Easy, and 50% more damage on Hard. Your weapons do 50% extra damage on Easy, and 25% less on Hard. You get auto-aim on Easy (and Normal) and zero auto-aim on Hard.

Note: The extra damage you take (or don't take, on Easy) is not affected by fire, falling, physics, poison, drowning, and sniper shots.

-UnmarkedOne

That gold package is lame...glad I didn't spring for that one..come on a paper cover for the soundtrack??? like how much is a slimcase with cool graphics,,like 10cents?? Stickers???

Really this gold package only appeals to 17 year-olds or less.. Valve what you should've put in the package is ...

1) Raising the bar!!
2) dvd copy of game
3) Signed Poster
4) dvd "the making of hl2"

I swear I believe that the halo 2 se for 5$ more has better content for fans than the cheezy crap in the gold package....

ALL of those pics are obviously photoshops, becuase mine has not arrived yet :p

tennistoad2k3 said:
That gold package is lame...glad I didn't spring for that one..come on a paper cover for the soundtrack??? like how much is a slimcase with cool graphics,,like 10cents?? Stickers???

Really this gold package only appeals to 17 year-olds or less.. Valve what you should've put in the package is ...

1) Raising the bar!!
2) dvd copy of game
3) Signed Poster
4) dvd "the making of hl2"

I swear I believe that the halo 2 se for 5$ more has better content for fans than the cheezy crap in the gold package....

You just described the retail CE edition I have preordered.... Except for the DVD "the making of hl2". I wish that was in there. I guess we get a T-Shirt instead of a signed poster also. I prefer a tshirt over a poster anyways but that is probably because I am older and I don't like advertisments on my walls next to nice paintings. Back when I was a teenager I would have proudly displayed a HL2 poster on my bedroom wall.

InvaderScooge said:
You just described the retail CE edition I have preordered.... Except for the DVD "the making of hl2". I wish that was in there. I guess we get a T-Shirt instead of a signed poster also. I prefer a tshirt over a poster anyways but that is probably because I am older and I don't like advertisments on my walls next to nice paintings. Back when I was a teenager I would have proudly displayed a HL2 poster on my bedroom wall.

Yeah the retail ce is good but man I get no discount on it with my ati coupon.. and I would much rather have a book about how it was made than a book about how to play it,/(cheater book).

nice! the people who purchased the gold package already got sent the extra stuff?! cool to see the pics. :) thx.

only a few days to go... whooaa :D still have to look, where i will get it. i need to get it, immediately. :)

InvaderScooge said:

the retail ce DOES NOT come with the raising the bar book, it comes with a PRIMA sampler!

meninblck said:
the retail ce DOES NOT come with the raising the bar book, it comes with a PRIMA sampler!

You are right. That kind of sucks. None of the retail sites are stating this and some are even listing it as the full book. False advertising. I can buy the full book if I like the sample chapter that is included.

just got mine 5 minutes ago!! :bounce: :bounce: my CE box is a little rumpled up but not too bad..

about to check the soundtrack to make sure it isn't blank or anything...

Northern California USA... location info for those still waiting and for those who don't know where the S.V. is :E

:cheers:

I was reading the enemies part more and I saw what the strider's health really is. If someone wants to know, I'll post it, just don't want to do it if no one will look :p.

hey calgary dude!! how much did j00 pay for hl2 gold? and would you think buying the retail box would be better? i dont really want a hat nor a postcard. was going to buy HL2 CE

Back