Gold Package just arrived, yay!

UnmarkedOne said:
Actually I was lying about the 42 tracks. There are 43, and every one is worth owning the CD.

-UnmarkedOne

Aww ruins the gag :(

post the track names please please please pretty please with a cherry on top....it will only require you to write 43 lines of text...please :)

Nice spoilers Hyperjag3. Cool info without being horribly spoiling to the story or anything :D .

I hope I get my Gold pack soon. I live in southern California.

Hehe...I can race my Gold package with my logitech z-640 speakers i ordered.

see who wins :D .

InvaderScooge said:
Relax, with the SDK and the game files for HL2 it would take you a few sceonds to extract the songs you like convert them to MP3s. Downloading a ripped CD is illegal. Converting a game sound track you own is not. (As long as you don't burn it to CD and try selling it or using it for commercial things)

I only ripped the BF: Vietnam soundtrack once, was sweet '70 Nam music :E

Either my WMP is messed up or the CD title wasn't specified. I don't think these tracks do have names.

-UnmarkedOne

I bet they don't have names. The music on the HL1 Cd didn't have names.

shit i ordered my package like yesterday so i wonder when ill get my stuff? Did anyone who got thier package yet get the confirmation email from valve?

Hyperjag3

About the HEV:
I remember seing gordon with 200 Armor

Gah calling them by track name will suck. "Isnt track 26 great?" "Er which?"

anomalousstuff said:
shit i ordered my package like yesterday so i wonder when ill get my stuff? Did anyone who got thier package yet get the confirmation email from valve?

They say you're gonna wait about 4-6 weeks, but I ordered mine day one and I think it took about 3 weeks. You're looking at about December 1st, I'd say. Don't worry man, you'll love it and it's most definitely worth the wait.

Poster pics uploading now.

-UnmarkedOne

Hyperjag3 said:
Edited original post to add weapons list.

Thanks.

But..

That's IT???!!!! WTF?!! only those weapons? or are there any more surprises? do they hint something or "anything" about more weapons, other than those

:(

UnmarkedOne said:
I just popped in the CD a minute ago. Ho-ly crap... I expected it to be good, even great, but this is damned near perfect. You are all, trust me, in for a serious treat. One thing, though... If you don't for some reason have a powerful subwoofer, buy one immediately for this game. It's beautiful...

-UnmarkedOne

"Beautiful"? , "Near perfect"??? What's with the Apple terminology? If someone starts mentioning technologically irrelevant terms like "stunning", "immaculate" or "pristine", I think macrumors will start to believe that the game will be available on a G5 ;)

cheers for the posters
actually cheers for all you pics, good insight

Finally some poster pics. Thanks for waiting. More coming.

-UnmarkedOne

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 853
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 766
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 748
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 721
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 705
Hyperjag3 said:
I'll just post everything here so I don't have to answer each pm seperately.

You left out weapons like the OICW and there is a useable handheld gauss gun.

UnmarkedOne said:
They say you're gonna wait about 4-6 weeks, but I ordered mine day one and I think it took about 3 weeks. You're looking at about December 1st, I'd say. Don't worry man, you'll love it and it's most definitely worth the wait.

Poster pics uploading now.

-UnmarkedOne

It won't take that long. The first batch (those who ordered day 1) just started shipping yesterday. We had a slight delay as the strat guide was being finished and printed.

Cliffe
VALVe

CountShockula said:
Hyperjag3 said:

Your disputing the OFFICIAL Strategy Guide? :|

CountShockula said:
Hyperjag3 said:

It seems valve removed it.

Damn it!!!

but how come ar2 is still in the GCF, if the oicw is not mentioned?

jicon97 said:
"Beautiful"? , "Near perfect"??? What's with the Apple terminology? If someone starts mentioning technologically irrelevant terms like "stunning", "immaculate" or "pristine", I think macrumors will start to believe that the game will be available on a G5 ;)

Haha, well if you're serious, I guess I have to disagree. Music can't be beautiful? Most of these tracks definitely give you a pretty vivid picture in your mind's eye. By 'almost perfect' I simply meant to convey that this was not a cheap CD produce. The music featured is of really high quality and is going to complement a game as incredible as HL2 very nicely.

-UnmarkedOne

cliffe said:
It won't take that long. The first batch (those who ordered day 1) just started shipping yesterday. We had a slight delay as the strat guide was being finished and printed.

Cliffe
VALVe

Sweet, even better. I'm serious, if you're still on the fence about Gold, it's worth every cent.

-UnmarkedOne

unmarked one, can you confirm that their only "that much" weapons in hl2, as stated by hyper?

wrapped in spoiler tags, of course, for those who want to avoid it. :)

Is there anyway to buy the soundtrack separately??? like amazon or somthing?? I really want it, without having to get all the other stuff in the gold packgage

lans said:
unmarked one, can you confirm that their only "that much" weapons in hl2, as stated by hyper?

wrapped in spoiler tags, of course, for those who want to avoid it. :)

Sorry lans, as much as I hate to be the party pooper, I've waited too long to spoil even something so insignificant. Others will be along shortly who will have the guide in-hand and be happy to confirm it.

As for me, I think you'll all be better off refraining from reading any and all spoilers until you've experienced the game. Even something so small as not knowing what gun you'll pick up next is going to add to the fun of the finished product.

-UnmarkedOne

FISKER_Q said:
Hyperjag3

About the HEV:
I remember seing gordon with 200 Armor

I dunno about that, it mentions that it can normally only go to
but it says it can go to
, I'm not reading the walkthrough though to find out how :p.

Found more stuff:

Low class I think, kinda weapon
Trip mines are back, with red beam now, but not useable or plantable by Gordon

Enemy spoilers:
In addition to headcrabs, there are poison headcrabs and fast headcrabs. The zombies can still loose thier legs and become torsos. There are poison zombies and fast zombies, they both look really scary.

New Enemy: Stalker
They are people that took the train to Nova Prospekt and got mutated by the combine. Book says that they are never in a postiton to attack you.

yeah agreed UnmarkedOne, im not gonna read it until ive at least played the game, i want the best possib experience

lans said:
Thanks.

But..

That's IT???!!!! WTF?!! only those weapons? or are there any more surprises? do they hint something or "anything" about more weapons, other than those

:(
As they didn't even mention the stun baton, I'm sure there'll be others that aren't listed....

wowzer, nice pics!

its coming!!! 7 days!!

my pants can barely contain my excitement!

Random shot of the box that I hadn't posted yet, and some close-ups of the posters.

-UnmarkedOne

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 708
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 649
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 661
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 639
UnmarkedOne said:
Sorry lans, as much as I hate to be the party pooper, I've waited too long to spoil even something so insignificant. Others will be along shortly who will have the guide in-hand and be happy to confirm it.

As for me, I think you'll all be better off refraining from reading any and all spoilers until you've experienced the game. Even something so small as not knowing what gun you'll pick up next is going to add to the fun of the finished product.

-UnmarkedOne

Ah well....thanks, anyway. :D

Everyone asking about the weapons, that's all thats in the book, I don't think they'd leave them out. BTW, theres a possible spoiler about the music
There's a remix of the original credits theme, but it's not at the end of the track list

EDIT: I just noticed there's an AOL cd in the back of the strat guide, lol. AOL's taking over HL2!!!111 :p

I'm gonna leave for about 2 hours, gotta do some school stuff, I might check back in during that time, not sure.

DeltaBlast said:
As they didn't even mention the stun baton, I'm sure there'll be others that aren't listed....

Ah, that's a ray of light. :D

I remember seeing the stun baton in Gordon's hand in the PC Zone mag review. So there could be more weapons, then? :D

Back