GTA San Andreas

ailevation said:
:O Uh oh, you wanna talk Hip Hop? YOU WANNA NAME ARTISTS OF HIP HOP YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF!?!?!? HERE WE GO BASTIDS!!

Cannibal Ox
Aesop Rock
People Under the Stairs
L.A. Symphony
Killarmy
Sunz of Man
Ugly Duckling
Hieroglyphics
Souls of Mischief
Jedi Mind Tricks
Outerspace
Freestyle Fellowship
Atoms Fam
Company Flow
Cage
Non Phixion
Blueprint
Illogic
Krumb Snatcha
Pete Rock
Brotha Ali
S.A. Smash
Diverse
Blackalicious
M.F. Doom
Dr. Octagon
Cali Agents
Madlib
Madvillian
Murs
Swollen Members
Skeme Team
Juggaknots
Basement Khemists
Weathermen
Megahertz
Atmosphere
Boot Camp CLik
Cocoa Brovas
Black Moon
Lifesavas
Living Legends
Lyrics Born
Maroons
Self Scientific
Soul Position
Spooks
Styles of Beyond
Arsonists
Latryx
Anti-pop consortium
Yak Ballz

to name a few...

ADD THOSE TO THE NEW GTA BABY!!! Sorry... i am hyper :|

Yes yes, crown me Mr. Hip Hop head :cheers:

heh, I'v heard of about 5 of them

Anyone ever heard of "The crazy clown possy"? I think they go by another name too.

Wow sounds like they are going out on a limb for this one :D

Zapp$ter said:
Yeah I posted the exact same thing on a previous page in this very thread :D

sorry, i didnt even see your post on page 5 (it was on page 4) :stare:
and it wasnt the exact same thing.

Gta: Sa

Woo! Drive-by shootings on bicycles. 0wn3d.

^.^ 4 man drivebys on cycles.. not possible m8 :naughty: unless you get those attached ones.. etc....

anyway this games gonna kick f*in ass.. cant wait to play the next legendary gta....

did you guys check out the timer i think its in the main site.. 153 days left or somethings... its getting close..

mrchimp said:
heh, I'v heard of about 5 of them

Anyone ever heard of "The crazy clown possy"? I think they go by another name too.

I think you're talknig about Insane Clown Posse.

Any mention on improved Cop AI or is the the same "KEEP RAMMING HIM!" tactic they always use?

They've said they're going to completely overhaul the pedestrian AI, so I would assume the cop AI is going to get a heft upgrade too.

Thats always good to hear. The Cops didn't change much, if at all, from GTA3 to Vice City.

Actually they were upgraded quite a bit from GTA3. In VC they learned how to lay spike strips and shoot for tires. Foot cops would also chase other criminals and the cops in cars would do a better job of running you off the road than just ramming into the back of your car like in GTA3.

It really minor, atleast it seemed so to me. The only reason they aimed for tires in Vice City and not in GTA3 is because you couldn't pop tires in GTA3. Thats why there were spike strips also. They chased other criminals but that isn't that major in my book because they'ed chase one pick pocket like ever few real life hours. I'm a bit excited about this one. I didn't pre-order Vice City and I had to wait to get it but this time I'm gonna pre-order this one. I'm just really lookin forward to it and the many hours of fun it'll bring me. I wanna see newer vehicles in it, I know they're added bicycles already but what about something like an ATV, that'd be cool. Robbing houses sounds fun, even though they said it'll be tough its gonna be one of the first things I try. The radio commercials and talk shows are also very funny and interesting in the GTA series I can't wait to see what new stuff they've come up with. Overall I think this game is gonna be great.

I wonder what key influences are going to be in it - VC was clearly influenced by Scarface. I can't really think of a film equivelent for San Andreas (I watched the extras to Scarface last night - it has a DefJam special on why it's a hip-hop classic, it was great seeing the likes of Andre 3000 talking about how it influenced him) - anyway there will obviously be film influences from the city itself and from the early 90's era, possibly -

Las Vegas - Ocean's 11/Con Air
(if they implement the Oceans 11 heist, I will be amazed! While the chances of a plane crashing on the Las Vegas strip are slim...but this is GTA! :rolleyes:)

Bullitt (which part of SA does the chase happen? Is it between LA and SF?)

Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction
(more of an overall influence, I expect a Ving Rhames type of character to be in it somewhere)

Cannonball Run/Gum Ball 3000
(Burt Reynolds was in VC, so they could use him again or potentially continue his character into SA, plus SA seems big enough to have a Cannonball Run across the entire city...didn't the second GumBall 3000 rally take place in US cities)

Speed
(well, it's an early 90's film - can't remember if GTA3 already did a Speed reference, though GTA1 defintely did)

spinkitten said:
I wonder what key influences are going to be in it - VC was clearly influenced by Scarface. I can't really think of a film equivelent for San Andreas (I watched the extras to Scarface last night - it has a DefJam special on why it's a hip-hop classic, it was great seeing the likes of Andre 3000 talking about how it influenced him) - anyway there will obviously be film influences from the city itself and from the early 90's era, possibly -

Las Vegas - Ocean's 11/Con Air
(if they implement the Oceans 11 heist, I will be amazed! While the chances of a plane crashing on the Las Vegas strip are slim...but this is GTA! :rolleyes:)

Bullitt (which part of SA does the chase happen? Is it between LA and SF?)

Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction
(more of an overall influence, I expect a Ving Rhames type of character to be in it somewhere)

Cannonball Run/Gum Ball 3000
(Burt Reynolds was in VC, so they could use him again or potentially continue his character into SA, plus SA seems big enough to have a Cannonball Run across the entire city...didn't the second GumBall 3000 rally take place in US cities)

Speed
(well, it's an early 90's film - can't remember if GTA3 already did a Speed reference, though GTA1 defintely did)

You left out the MOST obvious influence: Boyz in the Hood!

I hope they won't take tooooo long releasing the game to the PC.

Lets just hope the main character doesn't become a wimp again.

I don't remember the guy in Vice City becomin a wimp. He was pretty hardcore in my opinion.

Back