Guild Wars: Halflife2.net Guild Discussion

DreadLord1337 could you send me a invite into the Guild? Haven't really been in a real working Guild since I first started, but this one looks fantastic. Could I get the invite? Thanks

Armor goes by main profession. It is customized for your character and your character only when you buy it, and you can ONLY buy armor for your proffesion. So yes, any armor that you CAN buy, you CAN use. For instance, no armor crafter will even show you warrior armors.

And Kakashi, I'll ask my guild about allowing you to join as well. It's a massive guild and alliance, 6 or so guilds in the alliance. The majority of the guild is actually Australian, so I find myself playing with alliance mates a lot, as I'm on during the Australians early morning quite often.

As a ranger, you can use blackout, distortion to evade attacks, enchantment removals to aid a spike, blah blah.

Conjure Phantasm for a ranger ftl :p

As a ranger, you can use blackout, distortion to evade attacks, enchantment removals to aid a spike, blah blah.

Conjure Phantasm for a ranger ftl :p

I was thinking more along the lines of pre-searing to ascalon mesmer skills.

But yes, blackout ftmfw.

Armor goes by main profession. It is customized for your character and your character only when you buy it, and you can ONLY buy armor for your proffesion. So yes, any armor that you CAN buy, you CAN use. For instance, no armor crafter will even show you warrior armors.

And Kakashi, I'll ask my guild about allowing you to join as well. It's a massive guild and alliance, 6 or so guilds in the alliance. The majority of the guild is actually Australian, so I find myself playing with alliance mates a lot, as I'm on during the Australians early morning quite often.

Alright sounds good, just send a PM or something later about it.

Started playing GW again...vanilla, not Factions though. This shit still up?

It's tight CyberPitz.

Dreadlord, i was farming in the Underworld and found this:
goldstormbowdz3.jpg

I feel so lucky tonight!

Yeah, I know, I wish it was +15^50. Still good though.
I also got a decent Fellblade for IW.

this +15^50 talk is confusing. I wish you guys would speak english so I don't feel retarded. :p

I GOT A BOW THAT DOES 9-15 DMG!! :(

Pitz you can have any of my old ranger bows, I can meet you in Lions arch or Kaineng. Just let me know.

this +15^50 talk is confusing. I wish you guys would speak english so I don't feel retarded. :p

I GOT A BOW THAT DOES 9-15 DMG!! :(

+15%^50 is short for..

"Does +15% damage while health is over 50%."

So if your max health is 450, and you're currently over 225 (Which is most of the time, that's why it's desirable) you will do +15% damage.

Man I hate sundering mods.

they're really underpowered compared to Vampiric or elemental.

I always prefer stance gear, but I perma use flurry in PvE with a zealous hilt to fuel my happy hacky desire.

Pitz you can have any of my old ranger bows, I can meet you in Lions arch or Kaineng. Just let me know.

I've never even heard of those names... :(

I've only been to lvl 14 so far....so yeah, I'm a Guild Wars Newb.

Man I hate sundering mods.

they're really underpowered compared to Vampiric or elemental.

I always prefer stance gear, but I perma use flurry in PvE with a zealous hilt to fuel my happy hacky desire.

Sundering mods are awesome most of the time, if they're 20/20. Someone will pay a shitload of cash for a 20/20 sund. Not as much for a perfect vamp or especially elemental. Zealous hilts are one thing in PvE, they're close to useless in PvP.

And Pitz, Lions Arch is the main city in the entire game.. You'll get there after the Gates of North Kryta mission. Kaening is the main city in Factions however, which you will not get to.

If you do the math on Sundering you'll quickly find that Vamp does way more dammage vs max armour. And vs a warrior elemental is perm 20% armour pen + it ignores dammage reduction.

I just never understood the desire for Sundering....

I don't PvP much, for some reason my connection lags out, someone is using Error 7 on me :p

If you do the math on Sundering you'll quickly find that Vamp does way more dammage vs max armour. And vs a warrior elemental is perm 20% armour pen + it ignores dammage reduction.

I just never understood the desire for Sundering....

I don't PvP much, for some reason my connection lags out, someone is using Error 7 on me :p

Technically no, a Sundering addition on say a Horn Bow (Natural armor penetration) will absolutely obliterate a Vampiric addition. The downside being you don't get health back like you would a Vamp string.

And Elemental upgrades are NOT 20% armor penetration on warriors. Rather they do full damage because the warrior has no defense towards the elements. For instance a fiery bow string on a 15-28 damage bow will DO 15-28 damage to a Warrior, because he has no elemental resistance. However that same fiery bow will do about 5-18 damage to an Elementalist with Pyromancer's armor.

Do you see now? Elemental additions merely ensure you do your damage to the target, they don't do extra damage, or penetrate armor.

This is why people love fiery strings in the Shiverpeaks, and an Icy string in the Ring of Fire.

Hope I'm helpful. GuildWars Master Flex up in here. Not too much of a GW nerd or anything.

That's unfortunate about your PvP problem. I suppose that's why you don't like Sundering upgrades, they're mostly PvP oriented. I agree, I'd take a vamp upgrade in PvE.

DreadLord1337 any word on me being able to join the Guild? Was just wondering.

You're kinda arguing semantics with elemental and warriors.

Warriors have 100 base armour vs physical, and 80 base armour vs elemental.

That makes 20% less armour, which is what a sundering mod does 20% of the time.

In addition the latest skill update absorption runes, knights/ascalon armour, and shield mods all only effect physical dammage, so before a warrior had -7 to all incoming attacks (shield mod being active that is) now that's 7 additional dammage to a warrior if you use an elemental mod.

This is of course a warriorsentric way at looking at the world (I play a W/N mainly) and using a none-elemental weapon works wonders on rangers.

In addition I haven't factored in shield armour, but 20% of 16 is only 3 points of armour pen anyway. I also didn't factor in armour mods on weapons, but again you're talking an additional 1 or so armour points when sundering kicks in.

I personally think a permi 10% pen would be a better way to run sundering.

As for hitting squishys, well squishys are damn squishy anyway ;)

On another note, I did hells just now with Henchies, Staying alive isn't the problem its keeping the seer alive, crazy fool agros now (did she use to do that?) Anyho a good spawn and I ripped the sparks apart and got my bonus.

Now to thunderhead keep :| maybe...

Zealous mods are my favorite, I play a W/E in PVP and zealous mod helps me spam Distracting Blow more often, interrupting important skills can help make or break a game.

An AOE smite monk using Judge's Insight can give you guaranteed 20% armor penetration for up to 21 seconds, and the cooldown on that skill is 10 seconds I believe, so you can have 20% armor penetration forever if you wanted and not just 20% of the time :p.

Zealous mods are my favorite, I play a W/E in PVP and zealous mod helps me spam Distracting Blow more often, interrupting important skills can help make or break a game.

An AOE smite monk using Judge's Insight can give you guaranteed 20% armor penetration for up to 21 seconds, and the cooldown on that skill is 10 seconds I believe, so you can have 20% armor penetration forever if you wanted and not just 20% of the time :p.

AOE smite monks ftw. Moreso in PvE than PvP.

Zealous are also VERY nice on barrage rangers.

Just did a mission with Dreadloard and Pitz. Well, Dready did most of the killing since he has this über lvl 20 char with wicked faseshift skills from Factions. Not that I'd mind coz I went up more than a level, from 5.5 tot 6.7. :smoking:

btw playing air guitar ftw!!1

EDIT one more question: gear. I still have my n00bsuit on. Where do I acquire some nifty armor?

So what are your guys ingames?

I'm Raxxius Maelstrom (W/N Lvl 20)
Lo Chu (Monk/Mesmer Lvl not very high... 6 I think)
Hitzle Mealstrom Me/N Lvl 20

Pop me a line I'm more than happy to help out most games if you need some to standaround and get pounded :)

*edit* for armour, you can get some stuff at ascalon, it goes up in quality the further into the game you get (when you reach the desert you can get max from collectors) A lot of people get a run to Droks forge to get max armour. I wouldn't recommend it however as it spoils the game somewhat by hampering your learning curve.

If you need anything for armour (materials, cash) let me know and I'll sort you out with that no problem.

Muscles Smash W/E
Anita Perapants Mo/Me
Skinny Bone Jones N/Me
Bow Smack R/E
Lucy McFire E/Mo

All lvl20, just PM me if you wanna do anything.

Demeter Regia [R/NE lvl 6]

And help with some nice equipment would be appreciated. Where do I get it, what will it cost me, how do I craft stuff, what's all this about retrieving things from stuff I picked up?

Lucy McFire E/Mo

:LOL:

Well as the update is huge and the servers are spazzing out, I'm calling it a night.

Shaker, try looking around ascalon city for someone with armor in green under his name. If you hold down Ctrl or Alt (it's one of the two) all the names should come up making it easier to find him.

Shaker, try looking around ascalon city for someone with armor in green under his name. If you hold down Ctrl or Alt (it's one of the two) all the names should come up making it easier to find him.

So I just buy my gear off the salespeople? And what's that crafting about?

okay

you need to supply the materials (like fur squares and iron) and the money and they craft the armour for you.

Alternatively you can get armour from collectors littered about the place, they always want monster gibs, and have only one type of armour you can get.

okay

you need to supply the materials (like fur squares and iron) and the money and they craft the armour for you.

Alternatively you can get armour from collectors littered about the place, they always want monster gibs, and have only one type of armour you can get.

Thanks. And can I wear metal armor as a R/NE or do I need leather / cloth?

Thanks. And can I wear metal armor as a R/NE or do I need leather / cloth?

They will list the requirements next to the armor names when you talk to the smith.

Here's a bit of advice, don't buy armor until Lion's Arch. The armor you have now will do you just fine until AT LEAST Lion's Arch (Especially if you're riding with me.. It's not like you're taking the big hits). At Lion's Arch you can get your druid armor that will last you probably until the Desert, depending on how picky you are. This will also allow you to get enough money just from selling shit to pay for your own armor.

If you would LIKE, I can set you up with a Beacon's Perch -> Droknar's Forge run for end-game armor. However, as someone else stated.. That kind of ruins the game if it's your first character. I mean on my new characters that's the first thing I do, but It's not worth it on your first time through.. You should experience the whole game.

My characters, all of which have completed their respective campaigns and have access to the other (that I play currently):
E - The Electrocutioner
Mo - Undead Lich King (Main Character)
W - Illusionary Weapwn
R - Kaythancks Returned
A - Sup Abs
PvP Slot - Epic Maneuver or A Net Banned Me (Usually, I stick to GvG and Alliance Battles for the most part..)

Anyone can hit me up in game.. I'm generally doing nothing. Today was fun.. Using Aura of Displacement in the Great Northern Wall mission that was CLEARLY never meant for me leet shadowstepping skills!

BTW.. Any of you vets tried shadow step skills on the Riverside Province towers? I haven't made it there just yet with my Assassin.. But I remember doing the bonus on that mission as a Warrior was such a pain in the arse.. I'd love to AoD or Death's Charge up there and rape some White Mantle..

Also, I look supa leet in that SS, Shaker. Haha.

The new classes are awesome, it like a skill orgasm. Randomly clicking stuff rocks.

Oh snap? It already started D:

Anyway, I'll be in there soon!

EDIT: Good god! It's downloading the armour for my Dervish person as we speak.

I like the Paragon, but I really dislike the Dervish.

Mind you this is just reading skill sets cause I'm at work.

Also apparently the R/P premade build is massive DPS.

Go anti-melee with any class in Random Arenas and you've got yourself a pwnfest right now! I'm going with a assassin build.. Easy as cake.

It's been awesome so far. Getting a shat load of medallions. :LOL: Though I still have 500 Jade Wind Orbs left over.. :| Apparently 500 can get you a celestial sigil.

I want to Faction farm to unlock this stuff.. But then again I don't.. Because that's no fun.

Wow, haven't played in ages but installed it last night, beautiful new beginning screen, I'm sure a lot more has changed.

These are my characters:

N/W: Ragnu Viro lvl20
R/E: Vance Blitzbow lvl ? I dunno
W: Brego Skullcrack lvl very low
E: Yazehra Kalashnikov : just created, lvl 3 now, looks hot!

I'm going to play with the Elementalist for a while, just to see what's new. Maybe I'll make a monk as well. What is the best class to run to Drogna's forge? Warrior?

Back