Guild Wars: Halflife2.net Guild Discussion

you guys seem to be a very close knit community...i love that about gw

anyway im stuck like hell on the very last mission - Hells Precipice in fire islands

Ingame name: Godlike Guil
Level 20
Class W/N

this mission is hard, anyone offerin any help?

Gui! said:
you guys seem to be a very close knit community...i love that about gw

anyway im stuck like hell on the very last mission - Hells Precipice in fire islands

Ingame name: Godlike Guil
Level 20
Class W/N

this mission is hard, anyone offerin any help?
Three of us are still at the second RoF mission (can't remember what it's called), and a few others are trying desperately to catch up. As soon as we get to Hell's Precipice, I'll post here and send you a whisper.

Are you in a guild already, or would you like an invite?

no im in a guild but thanks for asking.... im really just looking for help here
you shouldnt take too long on abbadons mouth, ill be waitin...thanks for offering to help.

The last mission is so hard and when u have a group that doesnt listen, you fail...then people leave the group and ur screwed

Ok I'm looking to get back into Guild Wars...

Some Background Info:
I bought the game the day after it came out.. I have over 500 hours logged in it (between then and the end of July). I stopped playing after a while, because after my third character got to ascension it got boring.

My characters:
20 Mo/Me - My main character, all quests and missions complete, full citadel armor, little over 950,000 XP.
20 R/E - My first character, all quests and missions complete, full citadel armor, 250,000 or so XP.
18 E/Mo - My character that has reached ascension, haven't played this one in a long time.

I'm currently working on getting full fissure armor for my monk, other than that I'm just playin around. I had my own Guild for a while, with a hall and everything, but after my abscence, lots of people left.

I'd be intersted in joining HL2.net's guild if it is still quite active, someone hit me up on xfire or in this thread.

xfire: dreadlord1337

Sorry I haven't been playing much lately guys. Life and time constraints have gotten in the way. I hope Triia is doing a good job...

DreadLord1337 said:
Ok I'm looking to get back into Guild Wars...

Some Background Info:
I bought the game the day after it came out.. I have over 500 hours logged in it (between then and the end of July). I stopped playing after a while, because after my third character got to ascension it got boring.

My characters:
20 Mo/Me - My main character, all quests and missions complete, full citadel armor, little over 950,000 XP.
20 R/E - My first character, all quests and missions complete, full citadel armor, 250,000 or so XP.
18 E/Mo - My character that has reached ascension, haven't played this one in a long time.

I'm currently working on getting full fissure armor for my monk, other than that I'm just playin around. I had my own Guild for a while, with a hall and everything, but after my abscence, lots of people left.

I'd be intersted in joining HL2.net's guild if it is still quite active, someone hit me up on xfire or in this thread.

xfire: dreadlord1337

Leave a character name if you wish for an invite, as far as having active members, there aren't many now that school has started and all. However we do get together as a group now and then to do some sort of grand adventure or pvp.

Bump. Yea that's right, I bumped a 6 month old thread.

Who is still playing this? I'd be interested in getting together for some PvP, possibly GvG. Maybe even Hall of Heroes.

oh man! A blast from the past! I still have the game, but its not installed, so unless you can convince me to give a go for the third time around.....

Guild Wars is broken now though :(. Anyway, you can find me on that game. 2 accounts. Names for em are "Crytina Olympus" and the other "Bro Manzier". Darn merchants were sellin Superior Vigor Runes for 250G and others were cheap as well. It was a server error so it's down till like 11:30ish eastern.

I've got a lvl20 Mo/N, lvl20 R/any, working on a Necro, and have a slot for a PVP character. Add "Anita Perapants" to your friends list to get in touch.

They're rolling back the servers, anyone who bought the hell out of those runes won't have them anymore once the servers go back up. We're not missing out :p

I've got like a lvl 16 or 18 ...thing. Necro/monk I think...don't remember. Was never good at this whole character creation thing. But then again, that's just assuming I can get ahold of my friends GW disk and install it.

You don't need the disk. You can download the .exe from the website, the .exe will download everything you need as you go. So, if you reach an area that you don't have on your computer yet, it will download it. It's pretty neat.

Damn merchants screwed up or something, wasn't there at the time (a pity). Anyway I think it's up now, name's Lieutenant Darkwind if ya want to add me to friends list.

It just so happens that the Half-Life Republic is going stronger than ever, even though it doesn't have much to do with its name anymore. Many of our members have never even touched Half-Life! D:

So if you want to join, just send your in-game name our way in this thread, and we'll send you an invite.

Narcolepsy said:
It just so happens that the Half-Life Republic is going stronger than ever, even though it doesn't have much to do with its name anymore. Many of our members have never even touched Half-Life! D:

So if you want to join, just send your in-game name our way in this thread, and we'll send you an invite.

I'm already obligated to stay with my friend's guild, maybe you can send a guest invite?

Anita Perapants is my name.

Lost my copy of Guild Wars after moving house. Out of curiosity I went to the official site today, to see if I could download the client with just my account information. As it turned out I could! Good service :thumbs:

Starting all over again with a Huntress named Demeter Regia (damn, it's hard to find a name in a game that's been out for over a year). What would be a good second profession for a hunter? And since I haven't played this game in ages, could some of the old hands give me some tips and pointers? I'll post some screens later.

Lost my copy of Guild Wars after moving house. Out of curiosity I went to the official site today, to see if I could download the client with just my account information. As it turned out I could! Good service :thumbs:

Starting all over again with a Huntress named Demeter Regia (damn, it's hard to find a name in a game that's been out for over a year). What would be a good second profession for a hunter? And since I haven't played this game in ages, could some of the old hands give me some tips and pointers? I'll post some screens later.

Hit me up on Xfire any time.. I play it quite regularly.. I've got 7 end game characters, and quite a bit of pvp experience as well.

BTW.. Hunter = not a class in GW... lol

Oh wow, people here play Guild Wars!

Yeah, I got it a few weeks ago, but then I went on vacation and that got in the way. I have a 14 Warr/Ele, and I want to work on a Necro/Monk and some sort of Ranger class too.

In game name is Karna Li, xfire me (sniperscope998) or send me an invite to guild sometime.

It all depends on your build. If you're playing PvE right now, use Monk for your secondary, just so you can get the infinite resurrection skills.

BTW I assume you're playing Prophecies? I've been doing mostly Factions lately, but I've still got to take my Assassin through the Prophecies campaign, maybe I'll catch up with you. Otherwise I have plenty of characters who have completed Prophecies 100% and can help you.

I love GuildWars! I got both Factions and Prophecies. My main char is Laena Malady(Me/N) and she's a little over halfway done with the Faction's campaign.

I play quite all the time and would love to do some questing with you guys so hit me up sometime. My xfire is "quixoticism" too.

P.S. Anyone with a 55 want to go farming in the UW with me? :D

Good lord, it's back!

Indeed, the Half-Life Republic lives. We even have a website! Honestly, it's not much of a halflife2.net guild anymore (lots of new members from elsewhere), and we're trying to keep it at a relatively small size, so we can't just go on randomly inviting everyone from the site. But if you are interested in joining us (or just questing or pvping), you can click on the members list there on the site and talk to the leader or one of the officers. My ingame name is "Logonitur Karn".

P.S. Anyone with a 55 want to go farming in the UW with me? :D

I have a 55.. Maybe sometime. It's been a while since I've 55 farmed the UW. All about trapping these days with my RNG.

Hit me up in game, my main atm is Sup Abs.

My monk is Undead Lich King

Level 10 Okura Of Forest looking for a invite!
The name is so lame, I messed up and didn't pay attention of what I was writing, it was supposed to be Okura of The Forest. Ended up starting the game with the char and never looked at the name until later in the game hah.

Well looking to play with anyone who's online.

Does everyone play on the expansion now? I wasn't very intrested in them but I have been thinking about playing again.

Just a question, where do I go from Beacon's Perch to get to the next mission? I'm not sure where to get my run to..

Thanks for all your help Dreadlord. After you left I hooked up with a guy with six months of GW under his belt, building a new character. He showed me basically all the classes and I went for a Ranger / Necromancer combo. Evil magic ftw. After that we did a couple of quests so now I am well on my way to level 4 after about two hours of playing. Joined the dude's guild but I'll prolly change this when I get my invite from your guild.
My char:

demeter1wj9.jpg

Demeter Regia

I found 2 black dye's today, and an hammer worth 70k :D
Bring on the money!

I've been playing this a LOT lately. If anyone needs any help in prophecies and maybe Factions (depends where you are, not completed that yet :p) just give me a shout.

Bring on the money!

I've been playing this a LOT lately. If anyone needs any help in prophecies and maybe Factions (depends where you are, not completed that yet :p) just give me a shout.

Dude, what's your in-game name?

so who's looking forward to the nightfall preview this weekend?

I'm semi hyped. Mainly my PVP connection lags out so I'll just be scopin the new classes, though I think I'll prob stick with my main alt (W/N Raxxius Maelstrom)

On that note (my primary) I'm looking to get my protector title, have just two bonuses to go.... Thunderhead Keep and Hells Precipie. Hells annoyed me cause we were on the last guy for the bonus and the group ran off to skill cap and just fecked it.

TK I've not tried too much.

Anyone fancy getting a group to clear those two bonuses?

Bring on the money!

I could use a run to and through the Gates of Kytra, please ;D

lol, my in-game name is "Beck D Shaw".

I'm usually always doing something when i'm playing like farming or running others, but i'll do my best to help you out where i can ;)

Hawt.

I just made a Ranger. What's a good second profession to be? I'm thinking Mesmer, right now...

lol, my in-game name is "Beck D Shaw".

I'm usually always doing something when i'm playing like farming or running others, but i'll do my best to help you out where i can ;)

I am still pre-searing but I'll give you a shout when I am outta there.

Does everyone play on the expansion now? I wasn't very intrested in them but I have been thinking about playing again.

It's pretty much 50/50 at this point. Factions is a ton of fun, but it's considerably harder than Prophecies, and gets you right into the level 20 mix. I love both campaigns though really.

Just a question, where do I go from Beacon's Perch to get to the next mission? I'm not sure where to get my run to..

If it's your first time through, you REALLY shouldn't be getting run anywhere.. Just do the missions and primary quests.. They'll get you through. Reserve running for when you just need a level 20 character over a weekend or something.. Experience the game AT LEAST for your first time through.

Thanks for all your help Dreadlord. After you left I hooked up with a guy with six months of GW under his belt, building a new character. He showed me basically all the classes and I went for a Ranger / Necromancer combo. Evil magic ftw. After that we did a couple of quests so now I am well on my way to level 4 after about two hours of playing. Joined the dude's guild but I'll prolly change this when I get my invite from your guild.

Yeah, I'll get you set up when you're on next.

This should help
gw.gamewikis.org is super helpful for just about everything.

Answer: Gates of Kryta

GuildWiki is awesome, it's where I spend most of my online-time if I'm not here. (Working on it that is, Username:Rolyatkcinmai).

Bring on the money!

If you need any help completing Factions hit me up. My Assassin is: Sup Abs

so who's looking forward to the nightfall preview this weekend?

I'm semi hyped. Mainly my PVP connection lags out so I'll just be scopin the new classes, though I think I'll prob stick with my main alt (W/N Raxxius Maelstrom)

On that note (my primary) I'm looking to get my protector title, have just two bonuses to go.... Thunderhead Keep and Hells Precipie. Hells annoyed me cause we were on the last guy for the bonus and the group ran off to skill cap and just fecked it.

TK I've not tried too much.

Anyone fancy getting a group to clear those two bonuses?

Hit me up any time you need a monk for one of those bonuses. I've been meaning to finish them some time with my monk, as I need the protector title as well on him. I find Hell's Precipice to be easy as shite as long as you find a good group. I'll see if my alliance wouldn't mind helping. The keep on the other hand is notorious for being a pain in the arse. Haven't finished that bonus since last year some time on my elementalist.

I could use a run to and through the Gates of Kytra, please ;D

If you REALLY need a run, message me, I'll go through with my WAR or RNG.

Hawt.

I just made a Ranger. What's a good second profession to be? I'm thinking Mesmer, right now...

Mesmer is a pretty decent second prof for ranger, but you'll find yourself relying on stupid spells like Conj Phant and such. I'd say go with War or Ele for damage output, or Necro for support. Or if you want to go full ranger (Barrage / Pet build or the like) just do monk for the res spells.

Dude you should share with us lesser, poorer individuals. ;) Where do you go farming?

I have a few hundred thousand gp and several sets of 60k / fissure armor on all my characters. :p I win.

btw n00b question: I am a ranger / necromancer. Can I wear all kinds of armor?

Back