Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 - A discussion

people won't think every mod is professionlly done, people will choose and pick what they like. Man , I only keep the best mods, now the folders of Sierra and Steam together is about 6 GB, their size will increase as hostile intent and many other stuff on steam release.

ROFL.

cmon man, you cant honestly belive that.

FACT: iD makes more money by far from selling games.

Their main interest is to make the best game they can and the best engine to run it. Because Carmack is one of the best at what he does in the entire industry, his engines are generally better quality than others of their generation. Because every development team does not want to take time to develope their own engine from scratch, they choose to liscense someone esles for their game. Because they want the best engine for their game, Carmacks engines are generally the best choice for them, therefore they are liscensed more often than engines form other dev teams. This leads people like yourself, who dont really like iDs style therefore dont generally like their games, to belive that they are simply a engine dev/liscensing company.

If they only want to make engines, then they could have released the Doom3 engine over a year ago, maybe two, and still have had time to mak eit better than it is now. This is because they have been wasting their time making game content for the last 3 years or so. They should also let go of their game artists(who are widley considered to be the best i nthe industry) and save some money that way huh?

It was also pointless for them to hire new animators, an accomplished writer to help them with the nerrative of the story, and trent reznor to do the sound.

Does this really sound like a company that isnt really interested in making a game, but instead just want to pimp an engine?

Originally posted by Brassmonkey
It was also pointless for them to hire new animators, an accomplished writer to help them with the nerrative of the story, and trent reznor to do the sound.

Does this really sound like a company that isnt really interested in making a game, but instead just want to pimp an engine?

Sorry to give you some bad news, but Trent is out and ??? is in.

You failed to get my point.

The rumour is that trent left to work on a new album. This isnt confirmed by trent or iD and until it is i wont treat it as anything other than a rumor.

It doesnt really make a differenc ehtough. My point was that he was hired.

Out of all i posted the only thing you could remark on is what turned out to be a misunderstanding of what i was trying to say? I guess you agree with me then?

Of course I agree with you! Did you ever think otherwise? Why look at this screenshot - truly amazing technology. 100% next gen.

man ****ing insane, I just watch the new video barricade on steam. man those moving cables are so nice, brassmonkey got to download steam and watch the video before u talk, show us something in doom3 that moves physically as nice as in hl2, and put aside ur graphics stuff. Maybe download the duke nukem forever video as well, it's built on an old and heavily modified unreal engine, the graphics are shit and gameplay are great, they will teach you a lesson on what videogame is all about.

can u imagine barricade with aa af and a little high res? wooooof!

WTF are you talking about moves physically "as nice" Doom 3 has a handmade physics system built from scratch. Play the alpha and shoot some boxes they move perfectly like they would in real life.

Originally posted by gamevoodoo
man ****ing insane, I just watch the new video barricade on steam. man those moving cables are so nice, brassmonkey got to download steam and watch the video before u talk, show us something in doom3 that moves physically as nice as in hl2, and put aside ur graphics stuff. Maybe download the duke nukem forever video as well, it's built on an old and heavily modified unreal engine, the graphics are shit and gameplay are great, they will teach you a lesson on what videogame is all about.

Fool. The low poly models of Half-Life 2 are pathetic compared to Doom 3.

http://images.fragzone.se/albums/doom3/aai.jpg

ROFL.

Couldnt counter anythign i said and didnt want to admit you may be mistaken so you resort to digging up old pics, one of which was a leaked, unfinished, unoptimized version of code run on a system it wasnt intended to run on and prolly isnt even up to snuff when it comes to finished code?

Good job.
Anyway, I could go get some sucky pics of hl2 and compare them with some of the best pics of doom3 if thats really how you want to play it.

IOts the same verison f code that ran flawlessly at better quality on the system it was intended to run on over a year ago.

maybe im blind, but those 3 pics reaper just posted dont look all to great. Nothing surprising, just bland.

Oh and does doom3 support vehicles...

That's just an ugly model. Doom III has much, much better models. That thing is a piece of shit.

And those boxes in Doom III move badly too. Not to say that HL2 will move better, but I really didn't feel like I was shooting them with a shotgun when I shot them with a shotgun in Doom III.

ROFL.

Couldnt counter anythign i said and didnt want to admit you may be mistaken so you resort to digging up old pics, one of which was a leaked, unfinished, unoptimized version of code run on a system it wasnt intended to run on and prolly isnt even up to snuff when it comes to finished code?

Good job.
Anyway, I could go get some sucky pics of hl2 and compare them with some of the best pics of doom3 if thats really how you want to play it.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Originally posted by Reaper978
WTF are you talking about moves physically "as nice" Doom 3 has a handmade physics system built from scratch. Play the alpha and shoot some boxes they move perfectly like they would in real life.

Boxes, is that all?hl2 has heater, cars, cables, cans, water melon...u name it

Originally posted by Fool
The low poly models of Half-Life 2 are pathetic compared to Doom 3.

Where in my post was talking about low poly models? if u understand my post in that way, u has an serious problem in comprehension. I was saying that graphics is not the most thing in an action fps game. See dnf's shitty graphics but its gameplay is exciting.

sombody coded vehicles and submersable water into the alpha already.

man those pics are awful, but Brassmonkey is right they are old. (however i doubt doom3 final will look very different)

And answer my question damn you, does doom3 have vhiecle support/ even the open land to use them?(not a submarine a real vhiecles which rides on land and has physics)

And is it true thta doom3 multiplayer only allows 4 people and every1 must connect at the same time.

What truth? Yea that particular model of that imp has a blocky head when veiwed at that angle, how exactly does that help your assetion that iD is only interested in making engines?

however i doubt doom3 final will look very different

The more recent pics look alot different, and there is still plenty of production time to improve the game more.

What truth? Yea that particular model of that imp has a blocky head when veiwed at that angle, how exactly does that help your assetion that iD is only interested in making engines?

Duh.

screw gfx, i got a few questions about DOOMIII that im dying to know.

Is the rumor of only 4 person MP inability to join already made servers true?

And look how blocky that bug is that they blatently ripped form starship troopers.

see how pointless this shit is?

the reflections in doom 3 are very well done. 4 person multi is the default, and having more than that would probably screw your comp over. More than that can be modded in, and anyone who thinks otherwise should be shot.

enufff about GFX, damn. If you keep this up the thread will be closed.

I hope your joking about the 4 person MP, cause that would truly be a sad ass thing in doom3's side.

may I add that hl2 doesnt support self shadows? I emailed gabe about it and I got no answer :rolleyes:

wat is self shadowing? Whatever it is, its not as bad as only have 4 mp support + no joining servers in progress.

ahh yes, the 4 player dm limit argument, the hl2 fanboys biggest complaint against doom 3. FInd something better, than come back.

reaper, brassmonkey, the only thing u can talk about is the graphics, do u know that doom3 and hl2 are both shown up in e3? if doom3 has so much better graphics than hl2 which u keep on talking about, why hl2 was the most impressive game in e3 and blow away doom3? If hl2 graphic sucks, it must be super well done in gameplay to advance doom3 in the footage shown in e3.

well its a pretty big thing to alot of poeple. Fine second biggest complaint can be JOHN CARMACK saying how the singleplayer will be short and simple.... SO both sp and mp suck.

and im not a hl2 fanboy, espcially seeing how im lookin forward to other games more than hl2 at the moment. *including soul calibur 2

Back