Half Life 2 Gold Date Tomorrow

B

BreakPoint

Its suppose to go GOLD tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!!!! :cheers: :afro: :bounce:

No, it's supposed to go gold on the 16th.

It won't go gold on a weekend.

It's not "Supposed" to go gold any time. It goes gold when it's finished, they don't aim for a particular day.

THERE IS NO "SUPPOSED" GOLD DATE, IT WILL GO GOLD WHENEVER ITS DONE, ITS NOT THE TYPE OF THING YOU PLAN FOR A SPECIFIC DAY.

i wish people would stop saying "oh well its going gold on blah blah day" it doesnt work that way ;/

Originally posted by Three6Mafia
Where'd you hear that n00b? Post link wit da shiz fool!

The "link wit da shiz"[sic] was a Gamestar Article written in German. It's a few months old.

Thats all dogshit. Games HAVE to go gold roughly 2 weeks before release, at the minimum 2 weeks. 16th is exactly 2 weeks from the 30th. So its 16th or god knows what.

Thats all dogshit. Games HAVE to go gold roughly 2 weeks before release, at the minimum 2 weeks. 16th is exactly 2 weeks from the 30th. So its 16th or god knows what.

No they don't, that's not a rule. They could go Gold whenever they want.

Originally posted by Feath
No they don't, that's not a rule. They could go Gold whenever they want.

Going gold means it's done. And the games need a couple weeks to get ready to ship, ship out, and get delivered to stores. So they need atleast 2 or so weeks for that.

*sigh*

So many idiots.

Gabe has said that the game is looking golden on the 16th. He's said it in one of his many interviews or in an e-mail posted around here or something. But he has said it.

Originally posted by Electrico
*sigh*

So many idiots.

Gabe has said that the game is looking golden on the 16th. He's said it in one of his many interviews or in an e-mail posted around here or something. But he has said it.

Then show the link to us idiots.

You know the one thing that bothers me...

Not if it will be late (I can wait, I'd rather have it done than bug-ridden)

But even if it's a single day late, fragmaster will be "techinically" right and will brag.

Ahh well, that's life I guess. :)

Going gold means it's done. And the games need a couple weeks to get ready to ship, ship out, and get delivered to stores. So they need atleast 2 or so weeks for that.

Do you work for a Publishers? Two weeks is a long time. Half-Life went Gold on the 7th of November and it was released on the 11th.

Unreal Tournament 2003 (or 2004) went gold a week before it came out. (I've heard other people mention it).

There is no "Two week rule".

Originally posted by Feath
Do you work for a Publishers? Two weeks is a long time. Half-Life went Gold on the 7th of November and it was released on the 11th.

Unreal Tournament 2003 (or 2004) went gold a week before it came out. (I've heard other people mention it).

There is no "Two week rule".

but you know Feath... some people know everything...

*sigh*

So many idiots.

that was said in a FAKE interview with gabe newell.

Originally posted by Deadline
but you know Feath... some people know everything...

like me, i know everything. ;)

PS it's coomer not coomber.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
like me, i know everything. ;)

PS it's coomer not coomber.

Yea I took it from a quote, kept forgetting to change it, thx.

that was said in a FAKE interview with gabe newell.

There's only been one fake interview and that wasn't it.

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
WOOHOO its another "gone gold" thread hahah!!!!! omg there so funny :LOL:

Yea, aside from being gay... the funny thing is... when HL2 does go gold, no one will believe it.

There's only been one fake interview and that wasn't it.

that Was the fake interview, from geeksahoy.com or whatever, go look in the valve info thread, someone emailed gabe asking if the interview was real.

oh here you go, i just found it.

Originally posted by nw909
fake

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 6:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Interview

Hey Gabe,

Everybody at the hl2.net forums are questioning this "supposed" interview with you from some guy at nerdsahoy.com.

Heres the link: http://nerdsahoy.com/interviews/090103_gaben_hl2.htm

Thanks in advance!,

Nathan Willis

from http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1298&perpage=15&pagenumber=18

and heres a quote from the nerdsahoy site.

Seriously. Or I'll kill you with my thumb.

Oh, I meant it's coming out September 30th. The same as it's always been. Things will be looking golden in about two weeks. We're in the final stages of playtesting.

there you have it, fake interview, quoting gabe as saying its looking golden in two weeks.

now kindly keep quiet unless you have truthful info.

I suspect that they'll work on it all weekend long, and go gold on monday the 15th. It's just a guess but that would fit with a September 30th release nicely.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
I suspect that they'll work on it all weekend long, and go gold on monday the 15th. It's just a guess but that would fit with a September 30th release nicely.

valve should take the weekend to kick back with some corona and chill.

And shove the empty bottles up the G-Man's ass and lunch his eyeballs half way across the world with a real-life "Manipulator"

Where'd you hear that n00b? Post link wit da shiz fool!

If you don't stop talking in ebonics im going to rip off your skin and use it for a lampshade.

valve should take the weekend to kick back with some corona and chill.
If I may quote a famous game creator. They can do that:

"When its done"

;)

Originally posted by zdub
If you don't stop talking in ebonics im going to rip off your skin and use it for a lampshade.

Oh. So let me just take a look at what you just said. Me talkin' in ebonics (which is my choice to do not yours) can easily imply that I am black. And you said that you would rip of my SKIN and use it for a lampshade. So you don't like my skin color? You a cracka boy?

sorry i'll make it a bit more clear for you, since you seem to have trouble understanding it

STOP WITH THE EBONICS PAHTNAH

Just speak proper english, we dont care what your skin color is, speaking in ebonics implies that you are arrogant and poorly tought.

Back