Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

henkjan: I have recompiled it,changed the origins,updated it so that now it's HL2 compatible,did a new texture: there's also some work of mine inside it. I already smell the noobs calling me a thief again,but the only "wrong" thing I'll do to this guy is importing and fixing his weapon to HL2 by giving him all the credits...

as I always do to take the right choice over a difficult decision,I'll watch the Godfather again to take inspiration. I'm currently uploading a version of the 1.X to show my mapper what I did of his training map. It's a light version 1.X that contains no Substance savegames and has only one bug to fix,concerning the alternate firemodes of the grenades (try not to use them). Anyway you can play both the 2 versions of the training (one is on the main menu,the other is in New Game) and the vanilla campaign now selectable. Use the cheats buttons to give you all the weapons and god mode if necessary,don't worry about the Forms dropping your ammo: in the final version this won't happen (I'm just waiting for the last version of my coder's work and then we're going gold). The training is of course very easy,but the advanced one is not http://xdiesp.altervista.org/1x.html

EDIT
sight,just a single bugfix and the mod is over http://ludus1942.ngi.it/immagini/xdiesp_southpark.jpg

i cant (dont wanna) download the 1.X untill it is realy finished...
dunno why lol.
EDIT: i hope it will be done today.

and does anyone knows how i can change my time in here?
cause the time on this site is way diff from holland.

so you made a training map?!?! like in half life 1?
cool but i'm not gonna use my limited download mb to download the light 1.X
i will wait till the bug is fixed and when it is uploaded

i have got a real stupid quetion that has nothing to do with hl2 or this mod. lol
what is the diffrence between exided and excitement?
cause i am one of those two words verry mutch, hehe

henkjan: we don't know if Jerry has time to fix that bug today! Remember to check the readme on the 1.X wip page. The training map has no tutorials like the HL1 map,is just a very easy stage where you travel through a city with 2 immortal friends that protect you and you got all the weapons already.

EDIT
everybody,please update what you know about the HEV Forms! From this 1.X Light on,the hev forms are always available. The only requirement is 60 health for all of them,nothing else! The first time you play the training,the effect is striking :D

ok, but in the hev forms will you have all those weapons automaticly, or do you have to find them? now i just cant refuse to download the light 1.X
:p btw the readme doesend work....
ir brings me to a search page
EDIT: i downloaded it, but i am unable to click the install button....
how am i seposed to install it?
it says this: No installation data is shipped with this executable. Nothing to install

readme fixed,let me see what's happening with the installer...

i am verry exided ( or excitement dunno what the word for that is) to use the secondary crowbar atack :)

that's a bad omen henkjan,it's the corrupt download message. Can you tell me exactly how big is the file you downloaded? Hit the right mouse button on it to know

67,4 mb
EDIT: i dont realy care about the light 1.X.....
i just care about the full 1.X
EDIT2: so did u reupload the 1.X light version?

no because the size was right: 64,7 MB (67.888.171 byte) Mumble mumble >:-\
Try downloading it again,I'll do the same: I don't want you to play the light version,it's a test on the installer's compatibility

ok, redownloading now
EDIT: i am totaly wasting my mb of downloading...
cause it's not working.... it still says the same thing
why dont you test it yourself and upload it after that....
or do things chance after you upload it?

holy crap,the file is integer on the ftp,but even I can't get it all in one piece! I just received only 60 megs of it. I'll write a warning about the correct file size,let's hope that on another server it doesn't happen

hopefully HL2 files is more stable than my crap free webspace

hopefully. so when will jerry be working on that one bug?
cant you fix it yourself? :afro:

no,Jerry AND the upload to filefront. This topic has 42 pages :D

yeah :) nice hehe
hopefully it wont take more then 1 day
let's try to get to 50 pages :p

weird i couldnd install it was impossible to press the install button
and will the upload of the final 1.X take a long time?

henkjan, no offense or anything, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Authority: he's like our greatest supporter :D

I've been fixing some sounds,hopefully when Jerry sends the final coding the crowbar secondary attack will also sound and look different from now (too bland). In particular I changed the FN2000 sounds you hear on 1.X light: trust me,fans of the oicw will feel physical pleasure playing it,now,I bet on it

the HEV forms work much better now! its easier to activate them for me..not because of the old requirements..they just didn't work all the time for me..

I like the training area..its quite fun and a good way to get used to the HEV forms and the weapons..

I didn't think HL2 could get better,thank you xdiesp, for proving me wrong with every update to Substance!

henkjan said:
i am verry exided ( or excitement dunno what the word for that is) to use the secondary crowbar atack :)
You are very excited about 1.X
I am very excited about 1.X
We are all very excited about 1.X
All of us together are generating a great deal of excitement over 1.X

Ok schools out.
Miller time!

xdiesp: I’ve asked around regarding the possibilities of moving this thread.
I’ll let you know what I hear.

BTW, what the heck does xdiesp mean, anyway?

ok, finally I'm trying the 1.Xlight.
So far so good. Downloaded ok, and the install found my non-default folders and seems to have completed successfully, I think.
It says install "terminated" but the rest of the message sounds like everything is ok.
I don’t know if you have any control over that message, but if you do, you might reconsider the word "terminated" to describe a successful install.

[A]uthority said:
henkjan, no offense or anything, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shut up yourself...

henkjan said:
shut up yourself...
Don’t worry about [ASS]uthority too much, little dude.
Surely he's a bit retarded because no normal person spits that kind of fire on their first post.

Hey, [ASS]uthority, nice first impression, or are you trying to get yourself banned in a record few posts.

henkjan and authority: please don't fight,you are both Substance players and weìre a peaceful little community... :D

darkn3ss: that's an example of italian-english translation gone awry :\ that guy's not available to fix it now,let's pretend is a Terminator reference -_-' The forms of the 1.X heavy are even better: you shouldn't see that crowbar pop up anymore and you won't lose your "other" weapons when you select one that doesn't use it,they are just unable for the selection.

having said that,again I'm just waiting for that file send...

EDIT
a magazine covermount deadline is today and they want the 1.X *NOW*,whichever version I have. I have to upload the heavy 1.X with that 1 bug for them,the light version goes away

oh....
i hope bugless one will be out soon
i wish you knew how a real spas-12 shutgun works....
maybe if someone here playes hitman 2 he can explain how it works cause i cant explain it...

ok but a real shotguns works like a pistol, you just have to reload when your bullets are all gone

well,I'm no weapon expert but I remember John Carpenter's District 13 (there's even a quote of it in HL2 level 2) and the police chief used the same reloading method for his shotgun,one shell at a time inside the body of the gun (even if much more slowly)

i didnt mean the reloading, the reloading is ok.
but i ment the shooting, i shoots like a pistol, as fast as you can click.
but hitman 2 is a diffrent kind of game and i guess it would be to easy
in HL2

ah,that! Sure it would be doable,no problem about that. We did it for the Eagle...but didn't work well,the accuracy dropped terribly for unknown reasons. Too late anyway...

ok, just happy i made you know how a real spas-12 works :D
and you allmost have 400 posts :p

magazine coverage? did I read that correctly!? w0000t!!!1!!

good for you xdiesp!!

Downloading heavy version now.
I like the tutorial (I only tried the one in main menu) but my "helpers" got mad at me whenever I killed a Vortigaunt. Didn’t like that much.

The G-man overlooking was cool and creepy at the same time. :)

Oh ya, and kudos on the magazine coverage. :cheers:

THC: oh,but I got covermounted since february on Italy,France,UK,Germany and South Africa several times. I also had a little PC Gamer UK review on the magazine that said I "anabolyzed" HL2 :DDDD

Back