Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

nice work been following and playing for awhile. i found out about that sniper zoom bug the hard way ;) also, is the sniper supposed to shoot? doesnt for me, had a similar problem with earlier versions too, mainly 1 shot then reload, 1 more shot reload, then nothing after. now it wont shoot at all. also the weapon hud is bugged at 12x10, and 16x12 reso. dont know about others, but at 12x10 its pushed all the way to the right, can only see 2 slots, at 16x12 its totally gone. been having fun anyway, thanks for your time and effort!

what i was saying: when you are in the f3 hev form, and you pick your crowbar, it will show a crowbar, but when u hit anything it disapears.... only when u press q, and q again.. it will show the m9 knife. you get it now?
so will there be a small patch to fix this?
EDIT: i downloaded the new 1.X patch..
and you said i didnt have the f3 hev form jump problem anymore....
it still doesend jump high in BT and after using BT it doesend jump high either
just wasted 80 mb of my download limit

xdiesp said:
David: vanilla = normal HL2 ; substance = higher difficulty

the Snake Stealth bug is gone but a more frightnening one has been found: the snipergun zoom training bug.

Need more mirrors when that bug is fixed?

this has too many bugs...
or maybe i'm confused because i read that big boss has unlimited shutgun....
well that was the old hev form
and i like the old aiming point better....
i think it's hard to aim now cause u cant see that thing sometimes
i wish this patch realy was bugless

Henkjan: we've choosed to ignore the Snake BT jumping bug for now. What has been fixed is Snake's stealth and the snipergun bug in the training map. Big Boss has no unlimited shotgun,where did you read that? It could be a...readme.txt bug :D The "aiming point" (AKA crosshair) can be enabled or disabled with a button you find in the Options -> Keyboard menu. It's been removed because it makes things harder! The only known bugs now are: the jump height that resets if you go BT in Snake; some missing barrels explosions in the darkest spots of the training map. Stop

Nvrmor: I always receive few reports on the HUD problems because they seem to solve themselves over time,I don't know.

the crash issues of the snipergun in the Training Map have been fixed,1.X reuploaded bugfree to HL2files

lol a readme.txt bug hehe funny
ok i have got another one,
it's about the striders... THEY CANT KILL ME
lol they shoot me as hard as they can but no damage at alll.....
verry weird.
i did the training map, and i didnt have a problem with the sniper
ok thx for the info
EDIT: this is verry weird, i had to give the aiming point or whatever it's name is a button.... so i gave it / as a button... nothing else had it.
so i pressed the butten.... and for some reasen gorden freeman felt like he wanted to duck... so he did, and he didnt wanna stop ducking....
nomatter what button i pressed.
and the aiming point didnt change... or crosshair .
and another bug i guess is when you press the zoom button, your zoom thing wont be in the midle of the screen.. it will be right under.. so you cant realy aim good with deagle or whatever to make good headshots

henkjan: I know bugfixing brings joy,but I just poked a strider and it vaporized me :D Where did you see the harmless strider? Remember that in the training map everything is easier,or that in the first 2 levels nothing is supposed to hurt you (striders shouldn't notice you either)

well i mean in the part where you get down something and there is a vortgaunt killing all the zombie's for ya and you have to pud rocks on someting so u can jump...
with other words the part where a helicopter fly's in front of a strider...
when that strider shoots me, i will not get hurt, and the strider left on the bridge will not hurt me either
read my last post for the zoom bug
cool, your mod has in one day allready 1100 downloads, that is verry cool

Can't play

I love the earlier versions of this mod

But now it's impossible for me to play the latest versions.
Every time I try an error comes up and says there is one file missing.

models\weapons\w_bullet.mdl

Please i beg you all to help me because I so much want to play version 1.0X.

PLEASE!

so is there a patch for that last fix with the sniper thing or do i have to download the file again?

Henkjan: you are right,old spawned striders are harmless now! Let me see if I can fix this

Rumpnissen: I'll try adding that model to the 1.X

!

!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Don't know if u missed my post but is there an update patch for the sniper fix or do i have to download 1.0x again.

i knew i was right :D
but what about the zoom bug?
and i cant seem to change the crossfire....
and it botters me alot too that i have to redownload 1.X everytime when a bug is fixed... cant u just make a small patch?
cause some people have a download limit you know :flame:
:devil: :angry: :monkee:

lol i know we really need a patch, i'm already a couple gig over

lol me 2, internet getting slower slower and slower
EDIT: downloading the mod on my other computer at my dads house...
with FAST internet without download limit...
i guess the server is verry busy cause it takes more then an hour to download
lots of people downloading this mod :)
wont be suprised if it reachess 10000 by the end of the week, or 15000...
or even 20000!!!
EDIT2: in about 20 minutes it has had almost 100 downloads....
that's amazing, allmost 2000 in one day. it could reach 3000 today hehe

snake jump and harmless striders bugs fixed,proceeding to upload

henkjan: come on the IRC channel

David: it's necessary to download it again

Rumpnissen: I have included your file,but chance may be it will just ask for another one. If the HL2 original,is it complete?

works almost good now....
some very unbalanced places but yet it seems to be fine...
also some nice skins you did... lags some times but still looks good....
and I had this strange bug now.... when i zoom it seems that the crosshire is in the right part of th screen...
oh and btw I have a DX7 card so any pictures of the houndeye and bullsquid with normal maps wouldbe nice

Inflame007 said:
works almost good now....
some very unbalanced places but yet it seems to be fine...
also some nice skins you did... lags some times but still looks good....
and I had this strange bug now.... when i zoom it seems that the crosshire is in the right part of th screen...
oh and btw I have a DX7 card so any pictures of the houndeye and bullsquid with normal maps wouldbe nice

The hud gets stretched/distorted on higher resolutions. But this has been fixed, only problem is that you have to download it again :X :X.

well......
I was cinda desapointed with the old houndeye since they were very ;ow polyed so I disided to fix it....
Old version:

New version:

Link for download
uses the same materials.....
put the files in Source mods/hl2 Substance/models
send some good pics with normals...
now all what you need is to make the textures 32 bit quality!

Inflames007: very good job,anything else for me? :naughty: That hud problem has been solved in the updated 1.X being uploaded now. EDIT the model's bugged,I would have updated the 1.X to host it,but when it execs any animation,it always aims to the "default North"

don't look me bad,the 1.X has been played more in this 24 hours than in the previous 24 days: anyway,all the bugs found have been fixed and we're happy now :D Tomorrow the big sites should discover the new file on HL2files and the world distribution should start

Ok, one question, one bug report, and one suggestion...

Question: Do I have to uninstall before downloading the updated 1.X, because that is the version I am at now.

Bug report: No matter what key I bind it to, the crosshair toggle causes you to go prone (I geuss) permenantly.

Suggestion: Set the weapons to use their realistic ammo types, IE, the M4 shoots AR rounds, not the plasma rounds.

Well.....
i could do the bullsquid but the HL source model gets fu**cked up after decompile
and the anims are all fu*ked up too so maybe the High defenetion pack model would work.. but I can promise any thing now...
also what levels are the assans in?

xdiesp said:
David: it's necessary to download it again

Rumpnissen: I have included your file,but chance may be it will just ask for another one. If the HL2 original,is it complete?

Well!

When I reinstalled Windows to fix a big problem my computer didn't accept my steam games as installed but it's still working.

Anyway thanks for the help. I will download it now and report if there are any other problems.

well i am going to leave the game for another week. Let any final bugs arrise and be fixed. and by then my download limit will be refreshed. YAY. Just want to say nice work on this mod.

Inflames: the houndeye is bugged,I can't use it...all its animations are aimed to the "default North" of the models and it doesn't move...

Jackal239: crosshair toggle fixed now in patch 1.1!

Although I haven’t had much time to spend on it, I've downloaded and installed the patch. 1.0X's release coincided with the release of Guild Wars, and I've been real distracted with that :)
Anyway so far I've seen very few bugs. Only one. And it may be limited to the training level. Grenades don’t always show the flash of fire when they exploded.

Anyway, I've got to say Xdiesp: Dude, you are the shiznit!
You were worried about too much hype. Forget that!
This new version of HL2 (your version: HL2 Substance) lives up to my every expectation and more.
All this while putting up with wieners crying about missed release dates (on a free game, OMG) idiosyncratic modelers, and bugs. (which considering the amount of available pre-testing where quite low) You should be working at Valve.
Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I wonder if some of the problems could have been avoided by doing a "clean" install. That is deleting everything in the HL2substance folder before installing, including old saves. That’s what I did and things went pretty smooth.

So does there look like there are any more problems that are going to be fixed before the next version?

David: not quite,but I'm ready to fix them
Darkn3ss: that level is so dark (diffuse lightning speaking) the sprites sometimes appear black transparent :\

Can't play AGAIN

Xdiesp

You did quite well making version 1.04
At last I could play this new version and enjoy

BUT!

When I updated it to 1.1 it asked for another model

models/breen_monitor.vvd

RumpNissen: I warned you,remember? "But chance may be it will just ask for another". It seems like you can't play or install Substance in the usual way,you can try another but must be very careful. Enter "\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\rumpnissen\" and do a backup of the Half-Life 2 folder inside. Then mode all the "\sourcemods\HL2Substance\" contents to "\Half-Life 2\hl2\". Now you should be able to run the mod by just starting default HL2: but be careful not to lose that backup,or you'll lose your original HL2 installation

Inflames: assassins or stealth combines work as Halo Elites with an alarm raising level. You can see them by loading: load sbst_d2_coast_08 Let them spot you and see what they do...

playing all the game in Liquid Snake form is very possible and almost a cheat. Big Boss is easier to play with in the latter stages,but it needs strategy. But what about a Snake Run,playing the whole game Snake Form?

the longly awaited slam + stunstick patch is on its way

I'm not sure if this is really a problem or anything but when i'm at 30 health i'm able to access the snake(blue) form, I read on the site taht you had to be at least 60 for all of 'em. Nice work on the mod by the way.

I played through the Ravenholm level in Doom vision mode. It is scary than Doom itself.

sorry but is there a list of all the hot keys cause i can't seem to find them
(OMG i must sound like a n00b with all these questions i'm asking)

The hotdog man said:
I'm not sure if this is really a problem or anything but when i'm at 30 health i'm able to access the snake(blue) form, I read on the site taht you had to be at least 60 for all of 'em. Nice work on the mod by the way.
that is changed... somehow.
ask around in the chat room
you should download the 1.1
big boss and liquid snake still need 60 health
only the solid snake doesend need it

The Hot Dog Man: yes,now Snake has no health requirements because he was a little weak. From the 1.2 instead,BB will be far more dangerous and immediately usable: now you have at least to wait until Black Mesa East to use him for good

David: you can see and remap all the new hotkeys in the Options->Keyboard menu

Jackal239: I agree!

Henkjan: the stunstick and slams will be imported from HL2DM to Substance in 1.2. They should have made it in 1.0X in the first place,but "some people" were complaining that the delays were too much so... The slam will use grenades as ammo and will be identical to the HL2DM one. The stunstick will be BB's crowbar: I am now deciding the attack and ammo consuming values.

Back