Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

ok cool. i am now on a pc here somehow the chat room doesend work with...
it cant load it somehow, it there another way to enter it?
and i think solid snake is verry powerfull with his unlimited crossbow..
i think it should stay the same, but just deactivate with 60 health
EDIT: and you never told me about doom vision :p
i saw it, but i didnt know what is was
first time i will try to go i the site it will say it cant find it..
the next try it just wont load it

i found a glitch that when in solid snake form if u use up all the camoflage power and quickly turn it back on before it starts recharging then it will keep charging even though cloaking was on allowing unlimited cloaking. This is not that much of a problem but i just though u should know. Anyway, the snake forms are great! Good job.

henkjan: download MIRC again and configurate it from inside without resorting to my website: SERVER irc.GameSurge.net CHANNEL substance PORT 6667

david: I'll try that,I have to click very fast for it to happen right? In the 1.1,Snake jumps a little less btw

download mirc? i never downloaded it.. where do i download it?
maybe my bro had it installed.. this is a diff comp.
EDIT: i downloaded and installed MIRC, but how do i find the substance chat?
i still cant enter the chat on the site
nvm it's working now

I found a problem.. when i start the game i get 2 weapons in "1" (where the crowbar, G-gun and Bugbait are) and i get 2 weapons, the icons look like Machine gun bullets and it says Machine gun.. but when i click it nothing happens.

bug: when i got to the end of canals_09, it didnt switch to canals_10, i just came up against an invisible wall. i changed maps in the console but not everyone knows how to do this.

bug: sometimes on loading a new map, it changes the amount of health and ammo i have., and puts me outside of my vehicle (if im in one). I think you mentioned this before (something to do with how you modded the single player?) but i think it really takes away from the game experience.

little thing: when you use secondary fire to fire a missile on the hovercraft, it makes the same sound as using primary fire, and if you hold rmb down it stops firing missiles but the ammo doesnt recharge.

enjoying playing HLS, but i cant get past ravenholm because of my stupidly dark monitor :( are there console commands to adjust brightness + gamma etc? (ive looked but no luck yet) because the source engine seems to override my graphics card brightness settings.

cheers!

Wow!!!

Dying to try this out!! Seeing Striders here and there(going by the pics), and seeing a list of these new weapons. MAN I want it!! :D

I installed 1.0, I think. It finished and said "Installation Terminated". Then it said that to play the MOD I have to launch it from my Steam_Apps directory.
So I guess the installiation was successful. And I did leave that checkbox alone.

I finally figured out how to "install" the 1.1 patch. :)

I just want to remember you guys that before posting a bug,it's advisable that you install the latest patch and read the readme.txt file (especially the FAQs)

Sufferin-rebel: it was solved in the 1.1 patch

z0ltar: 1) the Features and FAQ talk about the BugFix Button and the level cheats,check them;
2) it's written in the FAQ as well!
3) in options -> video there is a gamma command,just move it all the way to the left

oh i found a bug with the bug bait. If you have the bug bait and then press the button to drop all your ammo, the ammo doesn't recharge so it stays at zero but u can use the bug bait an infinite amount of times.

Also the conversion bug bait does not seem to work for me. is there a certain way to use it. i throw it at combine. but then they don't move and that's it. Only tried it on combine so far.

yeah, i had the same bug with a conversion bugbate.... when i trow it at anyone it will just do nothing with enemies around em...
that's weird

xdiesp said:
1) the Features and FAQ talk about the BugFix Button and the level cheats,check them;
2) it's written in the FAQ as well!
3) in options -> video there is a gamma command,just move it all the way to the left

1,2: fair enough, you already knew about that.
Bugfix Button? i didnt see that in the FAQ or features. ill check options>keyboard

3: its nothing to do with your mod, so dont worry too much about it, but i did already change the gamma in options. like i said, its stupidly dark! I might have to get a new one just to play HLS!

Couple Bugs

1) It says Im' missing models even though they *are* in the folder
2) No explosions, ie barrels, grenades, etc don't show an explosion sprite or w/e. This might be related to #1

OverlordQ said:
Couple Bugs

1) It says Im' missing models even though they *are* in the folder
2) No explosions, ie barrels, grenades, etc don't show an explosion sprite or w/e. This might be related to #1
i dont have explosions etiher..
i just dfidnt notice it

i think xdiesp did that on purpose for the mod, cause it sometimes causes massive lag on lower end machines

Love it!! :cheers: Love it!!

Gameplay...
Turn-Ons:
1. More Combine to shoot at.
2. More help along the way.
3. The new Alyx skin.
4. Voldigruants(spelling?) helping you out.
Turn-Offs:
1. Striders and Gunships stay in 1 place. Reminds me of the MONSTER Mod for the HPB_bot of TFC, that Botman made.
2. Loading Time is around 2-4 minutes. :hmph:
3. New Stuff stops when I enter "Water Hazard". Sure, I get to keep my weapons, but I didn't see anything to what the pictures showed me. Even in Ravenholm. :O
4. Accidently hitting 1 Ally(spelling?) causes them ALL to shoot at you that saw it.

New Weapons...
Turn-Ons: Love them all! Espasically the "Proxnimy(spelling?) Headcrab" the "Colt Jackhammer", and the "Level 2" Overwatch Sub-Machine Gun. And... ohh yeah. The Sniper Rifle! :sniper:
Turn-Offs: Flare Gun causes my game to lock up/freeze if overused. :(

Haven't found any big bugs. Just occasional graphic glitches, but nothing big.
Only other bug is when bringing up the Load Game screen, it doesn't show the title of the save. It only shows "HL2_Chapter##_Title" (# meaning the number of the Chapter).

David: wait,how can you have the outdated Drop Ammo Button? Wasn't it dead in the 1.0X already? The 1.1 doesn't have it for sure,discard it... About the Conversion Bugbait: well,the converted AI doesn't go scouting. They combat enemies close to them and then wait for new ones: just kill them once they're useless. The problem is if they don't combat at all: which kind of enemies were those,zombies or antlions?

OverlordQ: the missing models is not a bug,it's some kind of incompatibility between HL2 versions or hardware that we still have to identify. Suffering-rebel said an interesting thing about the missing explosions,a problem we still have to understand: they are not wanted by me,but they are probably a performance trick of HL2 itself,possibly related to some of the performance commands in the autoexec.cfg file I added as:
cl_detaildist "900"
r_fastzreject "1"
r_maxmodeldecal "25"
r_propsmaxdist "1000"
that weren't present in 084,that had no problems at all with explosions. I'm gonna try deleting these commands from my autoexec.cfg and see what happens,if you want to help me...

Beavermon: I don't get what you mean by "3. New Stuff stops when I enter "Water Hazard". Don't you really find extra battles in Ravenholm,i.e.,combines in Ravenholm? Chance is you may have hit accidentally the "Select Vanilla Campaign" Button in the main menu and you're now playing Vanilla! Substance covers the whole 71 levels. The savegame names is something I'm totally ignorant of,I must admit

xdiesp said:
Beavermon: I don't get what you mean by "3. New Stuff stops when I enter "Water Hazard". Don't you really find extra battles in Ravenholm,i.e.,combines in Ravenholm? Chance is you may have hit accidentally the "Select Vanilla Campaign" Button in the main menu and you're now playing Vanilla! Substance covers the whole 71 levels. The savegame names is something I'm totally ignorant of,I must admit
Affirimative. I didn't see anything new after I took off in the Airboat to Black Mesa East. So I guess I would still be in "Route Kanal" there, I guess.

I'll try it again. :)

Ohh yeah, something I forgot to mention. It doesn't Auto-Save correctly. I have to manually Quick Save to save my game.

Beavermon: uncorrect,it doesn't autosave at all ^_^ I removed the feature myself,I consider autosaves unnecessary lag

I do have 1.1 and i am sure i can still drop ammo. I'll get back to you one how i dropped it but i am 100% sure i did and 100% sure i have 1.1

Um, big problem here... When I finish certain areas (it seems random), after it loads a little bit, it will either crash or go back to the menu, but the menu will be seriously screwed. All the buttons and such in a menu window are crammed into the upper left corner of said window. It's really weird, and I can't get back into the game... So I have to close, reopen, and load wherever it is that I was... any ideas?

Well i looked into the drop ammo thing and although it has been removed from the options menu. so u can not configure it or even know it exsists pressing "b" for me will still drop ammo.

PS upon installing the newer version i deleted all the old contenet. Meaning it could not have carried on from an old version by some chance..

kobiyashi: it's the first time I hear something like this,can you give me more detail on your resolution,computer etc? And explain in detail step by step what happens,with a screenshot if you can

David: you are right,even if removed from the menu the B button remained configured that way. Map some other command over it,I'll change the 1.1 soon with this fixed

is a popular mod, and rightly so :)

some rough edges though, but with such a big mod thats understandable, and hopefully those will disappear eventually

something is wrong, i installed 1.0x, unchecked cache..i manually copied the cache (im sure i did it right), and patched to 1.1

the load times are incredibly long!!! HELP ME!

Sugestion

Yeah, I was wondering if in the next version could you maybe make the weapons not fly to the left or right when you look either left or right? I LOVE the mod I just think that the weapons move really fast to each side when you turn. Great work on this great mod.

This mod is really shaping up. There is a slight problem, in big boss form, when you have the rpg, sometimes you don't have infinate ammo. Other then that the mod is fine.

quadomatic: they are naturally *a little* longer this time because of the level precaching commands I've added to autoexec.cfg as a counter-crash measure. But it's like +10%,not +100%: if you want to do a test,open that file and remove the lines:
cl_forcepreload "1"
sv_forcepreload "1"

corrupt: they do a little now,would you like that even more?

the hotdog man: but you're not supposed to have unlimited rpg...

xdiesp said:
Beavermon: uncorrect,it doesn't autosave at all ^_^ I removed the feature myself,I consider autosaves unnecessary lag
Well it's trying to Autosave and it can't. How can I stop this?

hi, anyone have the same problem, when using sniper riffle...this is what i see when i toggle a zoom button on, when it's off the same blue "shit" is still on...
how to fix this..?

Attachments

• d1_trainstation_010001_1.jpg
    d1_trainstation_010001_1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 274
djcasey said:
hi, anyone have the same problem, when using sniper riffle...this is what i see when i toggle a zoom button on, when it's off the same blue "shit" is still on...
how to fix this..?
the creator of that weapon made it like that, so u can aim better
oh wait, u are not in zoom..
that's weird, i dont know why is stays like that.
i will ask xdiesp about it, or maybe he will check this forum soon,
it's probably something he will fix in 1.2..
i dont have that problem.
have a nice day :)

henkjan: Thank you for answer..
is it may be something with gfx driver...i have radeon9800pro and ATI Cat. 5.3, I have no problem, no gfx artefacts during play HL2.. only when I install this mod, i have this...I try a diffrent driver, maybe it help...if not I hope it will be fixed soon...

What are the changes from last patch 1.1 ?

Have a nice day to...;P

I'm confused?!?! Excelent MOD. by far the toughest i've played. Although you mentioned pressing "F1" for easy and Press F2 for normal dificulty. I press F1 and nothing happens. F2 changes to Snake mode (I think) What do you press tofor "Easy" mode?

thanks in advance!

xdiesp told me he would fix it... but he's gone now
in 1.1 there are some bug fixes... it's more like a bugfix patch, he will update that patch again soon. in the 1.2 ( that will be ready in about 2 weeks) there will be changes, and probably more fixes. so we just have to wait :).
SGT TENOR: well, in the 1.10 the buttons are changed.
for the hev forms: f1: gorden freeman form, f2: liquid snake form,
f3: solid snake form, and f4 is Big Boss. i guess Xdiesp didnt change that in
the installer....
ok now for the skills..
easy skill: Insert
normal skill: Home
hard: Page Up
extreme italian: Page Down
You can edit the buttons with the keyboard options in HL2.
have a nice day :)

BeaverMon: you don't really want to autosave. Ok,they were performance drainers,but the real problem was that in 084 it was observed they were often created corrupted during the most intense situations. Pratically they made you crash if you tried to load one of the random corrupted ones. That's it,you only have to quicksave more often now...

djcasey: did you zoom in Big Boss and change form while still in zoom? I think this is fixed in the now updated 1.1 patch anyway (check my site)

SGT Tenor: you don't have to be confused,the button configuration has changed since the v084 but still some sites report the old features of the mod. Henkjan told you well,just remap the keys the way you want them from the keyboard->options menu

updated patch 1.1 05/05/2005 released:
-Player Precision System introduced: the crosshair shape changes depending on your speed and standing/crouch position (also gives the Walk Slowly command a meaning);
-fixed several "lasting fxs" bugs but not yet the one you can provoke by pressing sprint many times when almost out of AUX power in Snake form;
-fixed the heavy slow down at the exit of Ravenholm: the level has never been so fast and hard as now;
-fixed the error in City17 that made you go back in a previous stage once completed one of the latter levels;
-crowbar skin updated;
-normal pulse rifle model & skin updated.

djcasey said:
how to fix this..?
I too got that problem. I "won" the training map and tried a New Game, and saw that.
Quitting, and launching a new game "fixed" the problem.

Originally Posted by xdiesp:
djcasey: did you zoom in Big Boss and change form while still in zoom? I think this is fixed in the now updated 1.1 patch anyway (check my site)

Well, I played all forms, and the bug is still in all, new game fix this..;( hope you can fix this in 1.2, about the zoom, [when I push a secondary button (suppose to be a zoom on sniper riffle), zoom works and blue grid appears].. I have a lastest patch 1.1 installed

djcasey: don't panic! You have installed the new 1.1 and you still received the bug,ok,but when? Describe me what you. You zoom the sniper rifle,shoot,and when it comes back the grid remains? If you really really have to,that you can't solve this in any other way,type this in the console: mat_luxels 0

xdiesp said:
djcasey: don't panic! You have installed the new 1.1 and you still received the bug,ok,but when? Describe me what you. You zoom the sniper rifle,shoot,and when it comes back the grid remains? If you really really have to,that you can't solve this in any other way,type this in the console: mat_luxels 0
I'm not panic ;p just that bug drive me crazy...and destroy all good fun from play this mod...
I tried mat_luxels 0, and it helps (thx) zoom works, and blue grid are gone...but not so fast when i tried a zoom again it works but grid is still on (and I nees once again go to consloe and type this command), and again and again..

I'm installing the new patch, and if I get my error again, I'll post once more with all my configs.

Back