Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

• Thread starter halflifethemovie
  • Start date
My G-mans let me show you thems

26_TV_HRO_00015A.jpg
bfeastern119.jpg
1191454825404.jpg

Picks to play G-man.

He has, must, needs will play Barney Calhoun.
hero-greygrun.jpg

Eli Vance
244.freeman.morgan.092806.jpg

Those guys would be excellent for those characters, good choice. But remmember they need the g-man voice as well which would be very hard to find.

The Mist has pretty much the same story and it was great. But watching Gordon crawl through the wreckage of Black Mesa, with oh-so-exciting action bits where he shhots at soldiers and headcrabs, lame.

Very interesting that you mentioned The Mist...from Raising The Bar:

"Half-Life's original design was codenamed Quiver, in reference to Stephen King's influential story "The Mist," in which monsters swarm out of a military base known as Arrowhead."

Christopher Walken would suit the Gman perfectly, I also think he could ace the voice.

Very interesting that you mentioned The Mist...from Raising The Bar:

"Half-Life's original design was codenamed Quiver, in reference to Stephen King's influential story "The Mist," in which monsters swarm out of a military base known as Arrowhead."

Are you trying to tell me that their are half life novels?

No, let me rephrase that...In "Raising The Bar," it says the following:

I just found it interesting that Herr Mike compared Half Life and The Mist, when The Mist was as influence on Half Life. It didn't seem like he knew that. Even if he did, I posted what I did for anyone who might not know....

o right, but does anyone know if their are novels based of the game like the halo series? (or was it the game based of the novel?)

Anthony Hopkins please.

Oh and the guy who plays as the cop in Heroes should not be Barney, Otis rather.

No, let me rephrase that...In "Raising The Bar," it says the following:

I just found it interesting that Herr Mike compared Half Life and The Mist, when The Mist was as influence on Half Life. It didn't seem like he knew that. Even if he did, I posted what I did for anyone who might not know....

No, I didn't know...that's interesting. I knew Mist was a Stephen King story but I wasn't sure it came before the game. I thought it probably did, though. Thanks!

BTW, watch the movie. It's awesome.

Honestly, in my opinion, if you were to SOMEHOW create a movie out of this amazing game series, it couldn't possibly follow Gordon Freeman or any of the other HL characters.

How I see it, is that it could be set post Black-Mesa, during the Combine's occupation of Earth. Main characters could be mentioned in passing?

I vote it is a series of surveillance cameras all over Black Mesa just watching crazy shite happen. Sometimes you see Gordon, sometimes you see Barney, sometimes you see Adrian... etc.

Instead of having Gordon speak, since in the game we play as him(no Sh**), we could hear his thoughts. E.G. when he first pushes the cart into the anti-mass spectrometer thingy and it 'splodes we could hear Gordon be like, "oh Sh**" or something, and when he regains conciousness be like "What the hell happened" or something like that.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Instead of having Gordon speak, since in the game we play as him(no Sh**), we could hear his thoughts. E.G. when he first pushes the cart into the anti-mass spectrometer thingy and it 'splodes we could hear Gordon be like, "oh Sh**" or something, and when he regains conciousness be like "What the hell happened" or something like that.

Just throwing stuff out there.

..... no

A Hollywood screenwriter that doesn't capitalize "I", doesn't use their real name, and doesn't list any credits? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this isn't legit...I'm just saying that this is gonna be an interesting thread to follow...

You forgot about this:

I am sure Valve will just tell me know anyways if they don't like it.

P.S.

Half-Life shouldn't be a movie.

Hang in there, you'll escape from the realm of noobness sooner or later.

Morgan freeman would be great as Eli.
Wait a second..
Morgan Freeman?
Gordon Freeman?
Can't be coincidence.

Yeah, originally I was gonna say Edward Norton should have been Freeman, but now after me and a friend (both avid HL fans) watched Iron Man, we think Robert Downey Jr. WOuld be perfect for the job. I mean cummon, he already has the beard.

I wasn't suggesting that Morgan freeman play gordon,
although I gotta say ed norton or downey jr would be great for G-Freeman

Does HalfLifeTheMovie care about what we do with this thread anymore? 'Cause I've got some ideas.

I wants a long movie, like 3 hours or slightly less, so we don't have a movie where gorden is figuring everthing out in one try and Gorden not having any lines.

Back