Half life ... THE MOVIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could make for an interesting movie, but I wouldn't give it a documentary feel because ultimately, what occurs there casts the rest of the world into disarray as well. Portal storms etc.

The relationship between Breen, Azian, Eli and Kleiner would be an excellent one to pursue. Run the story parrallel to the games, therefore not creating two different Half-life's, because that'd be shit.

exactly... Use more key charecters... Why not Gordon? Maybee just as some guy who you dont get to see alot... But maybee in the background?

But basicly... you described half life 1... with some changes.

Despite the other game based movies being horrible, I still think this movie should be done. I looked at quite a few forums discussing the cast topic
and I'm surprised nobody suggested William B. Davis (the actor who played
the cigarette smoking man in X-files) to play the G-man.
After all the G-man was probably inspired from that character in the first place.

Samon said:
I really, really hope that there is no half life movie. It would quite frankly ruin the franchise, unless it was pulled of superbly. Which i doubt.

Name a videogame to movie thats at least "Good"

doom. HA!

Doom the movie was a bad joke:x . Come to think of it I'm not to crazy about
Doom III either.

For all the rumors about Halo being made into a movie, its true. Released 2007. There were rumors that it was to be directed by Peter Jackson, but he's actually the executive producer. Possibly to be directed by Guillermo del Toro (most notably director of Blade II and Hellboy).

You're gonna probably think I'm crazy but, I think that Matthew Fox
the actor who plays Jack in LOST would do just fine for the role of Gordon Freeman.

Are you serious? He looks NOTHING like Gordon, nothing. Doesn't sound like how I would picture gordon, either.

If they were to make a HL movie, which I would not want them to do, I really think it could absolutely not have gordon freeman in it. Simply because it would destroy the entire escence built up around HL; that you are Gordon Freeman. No matter what, someone would be dissapointed in some way, either he didn't look right, didn't sound right, didn't act right.. No, I think Gordon should be left out. Although I would like to see a movie based around the Black Mesa incident, following a group of scientists/security gaurds as they make there way topside.. I think that could be pulled off in a movie nicely.

Well I guess he doesn't look exactly like Gordon but the other proposals for
the role just suck. Maybe you're right, if they do make a movie they should
follow the story using other characters.
One more sugestion for the role, and yes I'm serios: If he wasn't much too old for the role now I think Harrison Ford wold've been perfect (dr. Jones/dr. Freeman)

not to bad a ider

I think a movie would be ok if ther was no gordon freeman in it, what i would do if i was valve to make the movie the lead up the the 2nd game but after the 1st so the movie would be intrseting and we would learn a lot more bout the combine and stuf and we would see a real version of alyx:p

I took a look at they're proposals for the roles and well I don't agree with any
of them. Christopher Walken as the G-Man come on, he doesn't look like the character at all and Colin Farrel as Barney, that's just stupid.
Oh yeah and I don't like Eduard Norton either.

Of course there will be a Half-Life movie. $$$ makes the world go round, and if there's any to be made, it WILL be made... Where there's a bill, there's a way, you know?

The screenplay is already written, and pre-production is already underway.

Whether I'm more or less on target, there's no doubt in my mind.

Redneck said:
. Christopher Walken as the G-Man come on, he doesn't look like the character at all.

He certainly has the right attitude. You won't find identical actors anywhere - and yes, I know that the models are based on real people, but you wouldn't want to see them acting in a movie - so we'll just have to go with actors, who mange to relay the feel of the character.
Sean Connery would be a mistake as Breen, though. The only thing he has in common with the character is the trademark beard. Besides, he swore recently, that he'll never act in a movie, again.
Breen should be played by Dennis Hopper - he has experience of playing a white-bearded villain sitting on top of a huge tower overlooking a post-acapolyptic world.

I only believe in Half-Life movie, when I hear a real announcement, though. Even good (read: money-producing) ideas get shot down in Hollywood, quite often, usually due various copyright-issues and differences of vision.

Well I still think they can find actors that resemble the in game characters, the suggested ones don't because that guy selected only ultra famous actors for the roles.
For instance I know an actor that looks exactly like Ellie Vance though I don't remember his name.

I whould want to see Vin Diesel and Chuck Norris in Half life.

Possibly Mr. T and David Hasselhoff.

Rizzo89 said:
I whould want to see Vin Diesel and Chuck Norris in Half life.

Possibly Mr. T and David Hasselhoff.

You know what, I think you might be onto something - let's be honest, if they try and make a straight-up action-drama, it's 99% likely to get screwed up. It would probably be better if they just play it for surrealist laughs - it would be a better tribute to the game I reckon.
How about all the creatures be guys in plushy suits? I see Vortigaunts doing a Jar-Jar style walk, going 'Rar, woo, I'm so bad!' And maybe headcrabs played by live, plucked chickens...
Nihilanth played by Verne Troyer (Mini-Me)..

Hell yeah! But no...
Its gonna be a 5 million dollar project! With guns, explosions and lasers!
The good old days where Arnold, Segall and Van dam didnt have to reload like other mortals!

SsmitzZ said:
flame me all you want but i realy think half life should be made into a movie it would be good :D i think it would be a great film
i mean think about the lamest movie youv eva seen and then rate a half life movie to it ... i mean common ITS GONNA HAPPEN,.. well actully valve wont let it happen because they want u to fell like u are gordon freeman YADA YADA YADA SO I GUESS THEY WONT :( but valve if your out there please think about it ...... i also wouldent mind u sending me a free copy of HL2 and a plastic blow up dole of alyx.... ;)

Won't that make Half-Life a COPY:cat: to Final Fantasy???:cool:

Rizzo89 said:
Hell yeah! But no...
Its gonna be a 5 million dollar project! With guns, explosions and lasers!
The good old days where Arnold, Segall and Van dam didnt have to reload like other mortals!

Five million dollar project? You want us to have a cheap indie, then? Seriously, five million dollars is pocketchange in movie business. True, some seriously good movies have been made with some thousands, but they are exceptions that happen outside the normal equation of studios and producers.

SsmitzZ said:
but valve if your out there please think about it ...... i also wouldent mind u sending me a free copy of HL2 and a plastic blow up dole of alyx.... ;)

ok... 1. do u have a girlfriend cos thats just a little sad.

and 2. a movie would destroy all good vibes surrounding the game

bigw13 said:
ok... 1. do u have a girlfriend cos thats just a little sad.

and 2. a movie would destroy all good vibes surrounding the game

Why would a movie destroy all the good vibes sorrounding the game??could it be you're afraid that the movie will be a flop???:smoking:

I don't think that's the case with the Final Fantasy<movie>.

There used to be a few first person movies in the 70/80's and the ones ive seen have been turd burglingly crap. seriously! The 1st person scene in doom was good because it was all action but dialogue ect doesnt work at all

YOgi Bear said:
There used to be a few first person movies in the 70/80's and the ones ive seen have been turd burglingly crap. seriously! The 1st person scene in doom was good because it was all action but dialogue ect doesnt work at all

I think the success in one movie depends on the story of the movie, the director, the cast and the effects, so if the movie in the past were full of crap it's the because they failed in one of these component to produce a quality movie.:borg:

15357 said:
Ok, where do you live? Exact location and social security number, please.

well first of all, u don't need my social security number to murder me in my sleep....and second....i don't have one....i'm canadian eh?

As a student and future cinematographer... I have some personal opinions on many games. AND VERY strong love and respect for a few. Half-Life is one of them.
(in a perfect little world....)
First... and most important: The Director...
There are 4 I would most like to see do it. Each would have their own take and feel for the game however...
Peter Jackson, Night Shyamalan, Steven Spielberg or Ridley Scott would be in the top 5 of my choices.

>>Peter Jackson would be first for a game like Zelda or Myst because of his awe inspiring ability to convert feeling to the faces of the actors. He has a fantastic sense of emotion for the big-screen and an even stronger concern for the stories he is telling. He isn't one to twist of destroy material for the sake of hollywood agenda. That is extremely rare these days and is one of the biggest keys to great film-making in this century I believe.

>> Steven S. would be better for a game like Halo, Half-Life, The Dig or maybe even Doom (too late unfortunately) because of his creativeness and ability to translate deep plot points so that the audience can grasp them. His visible skills put into roll in such films as Jurassic Park, The War Of The Worlds, Saving Private Ryan and Indiana Jones are above exceptional. He tells adventure plots very well I think. Putting a video game title under his belt would be fantastic for the fans and even himself IF done properly. But then, that would be true for any director.

Shame... I'm feeling lazy tonight.
I won't go over the others now.... but you get the idea.

I do. Even if it turns out to be the epitomy of crap, we have the freedom to not watch it.

ProphetSix said:
There are 4 I would most like to see do it. Each would have their own take and feel for the game however...
Peter Jackson, Night Shyamalan, Steven Spielberg or Ridley Scott would be in the top 5 of my choices.

I'd like Peter Jackson as director. Isn't Shyamalan more of a horror/something director?

Well personally I want a movie to be done. If Valve did say that if they were ever gonna make a movie it was gonna add to the HL universe the I guess the story will probably take place after the events shown in the games or rater in parallel. My point is, no Gordon. I want the film to be directed by Steven Spielberg, IMHO I think he would do the best. Shyamalan is more of a moder day Alfred Hitchcok, and I wouldn't pick him for this project because this movie should however have a little bit of action in it, and the last movie i saw directed by Shyamalan "The village" was kind of boring.

The only director who I wouldnt be pissed about would be peter jackson. So far he is the only guy who can recreate stories without making them fubar. I think he would be the only who could make a true to the game movie out of it.

But im content with just games anyways. A 2 hr movie isnt as good as a 10+ hr game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back