Half-Life2 Expansion Pack - Semi-Announced

I want the teleport gun from Opposing Force.
There should be an alternate world for every level that you can teleport to without a loading time.
Also if you teleport people and then yourself, they will be on the otherside.
2 bosses. 1 on each side.
Multipile endings.
You can bring things back and forth with you, making some interesting puzzles

If Gearbox do an expansion, I wanna see our ol' buddy Cpl. Shepherd!

GonzoBabbleshit said:
i don't know why, but i don't really like the idea of playing as Alyx or Dog. Maybe it was just a bit too much of an obvious choice for expansion, not particularly exciting

Alyx would be alright...but with dog it would be like firewarrior game...imo

Shepherd was a far better character than Freeman. At least that's what I think.

Combine Hybrid said:

Why? ...and don't tell me that Shepherd has better lines than Gordon

Combine Hybrid said:

I like them equally..maybe gordon a little more..

Anyway..I REALLY hope to see adrian shepard in upcoming expansion packs..

An expansion with alyx and dog doesn't sound even near as attractive as an expansion with adrian again..

However.. Valve must know what they're doing with the alyx and dog thing.. and I'm sure they will eventually also give the fans what they want: adrian :) ( if possible with copyright and all)

There's no chance in hell that you would actually play AS DOG. If you think about it, DOG had a few cool and memorable moments in Half Life 2 and so it's a good character to bring along and attach set pieces too in an expansion.

And, if you're playing as Alyx, then DOG is a natural inclusion.

Has anyone considered that this could be part of the Ati levels?

ATI levels? The one they showed at E3 or what?

Really intensive levels, graphics wise, with (hopefully, but not sure) hdr and other stuff.

What? Play as DOG? Thats ridiculous. Why don`t we play as headcrab then?

ZeeM you act like you don't know what DOG is.
Headcrab and Dog muchhhh diffrent.

ZeeM said:
lol! :LOL:

Playing as Alyx sounds like Tomb Raider: HL2! That's fine as long as we play in thirdperson so we get to see her ass when she crawls. Well at least we get to find out what happens with Alyx at the end.

I'd rather play as Barney or even a random citizen.

Combine sound like a cheap ripp off of :borg:.

pishi said:
whyd they leave out the hydra anyways?

because it was to scripted (read it somewhere)

also, sheppard will be interresting... i always like him a little more, because he's a badass goodguy, kinda like riddick.... + sheppard had more cooler weapons...

just imagine.. sheppard and that combine sniper rifle :dozey:

One expansion pack weapon I wanna see: That combine sniper rifle!

+1 for sheppard in hl2 expansion

BRING SHEPPARD (sp?) bakc (sp?) :p

ZeeM said:

Play as a headcrab.....that actually sounds cool. It would be like in AVP where one starts out as a facehugger and must find a host to facegrab. You could start out as a headcrab and try to find a host, then you would advance through the different stages of zombie evolution.

PlagueX said:
We had created som big enviroments which The Hydra could move in, and there was a lot of exciting stuff included
in that meeting. At last we dropped it all. We also had to cut a Combine-Executer called "Cremator", a
so called Stalker, a flying vehichle called Synths, and a creature from the spaces, which is captured by the combined
and is later used in the battle against Gordon.

Damn reading about all the cool stuff they cut out is depressing ;[ . Better stop before I read any more....

KagePrototype said:
It's because it wasn't any fun to fight, not that it was too scripted.

Yea in Rainsing the Bar he said he thought redoing the AI would work out better, if it were included in an Expansion/sequel. /me crosses fingers

AzzMan said:
Yea in Rainsing the Bar he said he thought redoing the AI would work out better, if it were included in an Expansion/sequel. /me crosses fingers

Actually, he said that it would be good to bring it back as a friendly character, because it looked cool when in action. :)

Urrgh, I'd always hated the idea of playing as either Alyx or Dog (anyway, what's with people capitalising Dog? We've already confirmed its not a dang acronym). Perhaps its just that they're characters seen and interacted with in the game- it'd feel so odd for Alyx to temporarily remove her tongue for the duration of her levels. I really hope this is a misunderstanding- Gordon or a new character, it just wouldn't feel Half-Life-ish to play as a character that's already been encountered and given a personality...

"Alyx is you!"
"No she isn't, she's Eli's headstrong robot-owning daughter. She could climb up drainpipes and talk over tannoys, how come I can't?!"

Edcrab said:
Urrgh, I'd always hated the idea of playing as either Alyx or Dog (anyway, what's with people capitalising Dog? We've already confirmed its not a dang acronym). Perhaps its just that they're characters seen and interacted with in the game- it'd feel so odd for Alyx to temporarily remove her tongue for the duration of her levels. I really hope this is a misunderstanding- Gordon or a new character, it just wouldn't feel Half-Life-ish to play as a character that's already been encountered and given a personality...

"Alyx is you!"
"No she isn't, she's Eli's headstrong robot-owning daughter. She could climb up drainpipes and talk over tannoys, how come I can't?!"

My thoughts exactly.

If this is true... Well, I'll wait and see how it turns out. I wouldn't have high hopes though.

I'd rather an expansion pack where you play as some anonymous resistance member that ends up making a huge contribution to the fight. But it'd still be cool to have interactions with the main HL2 characters like Kleiner, Eli, Alyx, etc. but it just wouldn't seem right to play as one of them.

Combine Hybrid said:

Wtf mate?.... Is there some kinda solider propaganda in you're head :p?

I hope they include the hydra in the HL2 expansion. Would be interesting to fight the creature as DOG.

Man if Adrian came back in an expansion, I'd splooge all over my computer.

You think there will be an HL2 Expansion before an HL3? If you ask me it's still pretty early to be talking about this anyway. If there will be an expansion, I don't think you'll be playing as freeman. But defending Xen against a Combine invasion perhaps :dork:

Rgr know this info already. But nice to see its confirmed. :)

if you play as alyx i bet you wont see gordon, scince they dont have a skin for him (unless they make one, which would be official) and neither will dog

Shadow][ said:
if you play as alyx i bet you wont see gordon, scince they dont have a skin for him (unless they make one, which would be official) and neither will dog

You're right about Gordon. You might not see him, but they HAVE to make a skin for dog as he stays with Alyx almost all the time. He is her pet after all.

they do have a gordon skin. look in raising the bar - they made the face from 4 different people.

most of the promo gordon pictures look very much like they were done from a 3d render of the gordon model, the painted over to make them look better.

Wow.. If that so.. I will forget F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (damn that full stops), I'll play it at my friends house. And I will spend my money on all the ATi Levels, HL2 Expansions, and Team Fortress 2.

Half Life 2 is just soo awesome, I sold all of my other games (excluding Steam games) because I knew I won't be playing any of it anymore. HL2 mods, expansions, and other VALVe games are enough for me. I used the money to buy me clothes :thumbs:

Kapitan Helion said:
Wtf mate?.... Is there some kinda solider propaganda in you're head :p?

truth is, Adrian is a very much liked character around these parts...and some even have said him and Gordon have similarities... now that might sound odd to some around here since Adrian was originally part of a "clean up" team... but i think another expansion pack with him involved would show which side Adrian is on.

anyway...i think Adrian in the next expansion would be so much more intriguing because there are so many ways Valve can go with the HL storyline this way.

I will like to hav that book raising the bar to know more about the creatures that were cutted :(

they took out the hydra because of gameplay; because of the way they had composed it, and the way it is lit, if an arm came straight at you, you hard a real hard time seeing that thin "blob" of an arm coming at you. You'd see a blue blob, and then whammo...you're dead. No idea that it was even coming, unless it was at an angle.

Alyx? playable? So a HL2 prequel? Or does she somehow get down the citadel from up so high? DOG learns to fly? Some of the story before HL2 might be interesting...but you already know the end. But if they were to update HL1 graphics, and made a game that covered the gap between HL1 and 2, and made it so you could go through all 3 games in one continuous game....HL:S, Expansion, HL2...that might make things interesting. Each one a chapter in the story...

Danish? :eek: Now why would I need a Danish article for? :hmph:
I hope it will come out this year. :p

GonzoBabbleshit said:
i don't know why, but i don't really like the idea of playing as Alyx or Dog. Maybe it was just a bit too much of an obvious choice for expansion, not particularly exciting

G-Man expansion!

jondyfun said:
Figured it was more ( like Doug said ) the whole adaption thing, using traits from each successive conquered world to enhance themselves as a race.

That kinda reminds me of the borg from the Star-trek universe. For those of you who dont know about them, they are esentially the same: They conqer worlds/species by assimulating them.

Yea spelling, dont care

:p

Back