Half-life2 VS Halo2[GameSpy Poll]

I read that first guy's comment about how he thinks Valve should learn to tell a story properly and just thought

"oooo he's not gonna know hit him"

This poll will grow massively within the next 24 hours. Easily both sides will start to have votes in the tens of thousands. Me thinks HL2 will hold on for the victory.

Hmm...I wonder what Valve has to say about that poll?

MadHatter said:
I don't get it. I anticipated both, want both, excited about both, I believe both will be great games, and I'll get both. When I'm playing games such as these, honestly, the last thing that pops in my mind or I care about is something like this, "Gee, I think Half-Life 2 would kick Halo 2 in the nuts in a 'Half-Life 2 vs. Halo 2' match".

amen. everyone else needs to get a ****ing life.

I've personally always thought that Halo is way overrated and I'm not going to buy Halo 2, but it doesn't matter - it's stupid to fight about. H2 vs. HL2 threads (of which there have been dozens over the past few years) are completely pointless. Just game, don't fight about it.

Some moderator should edit the origional post with a more direct link.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/562/562510p1.html

Current Results
730/457

EDIT:
762/512
+32/+45 <--(Change)

Someone should post this at one of the kiddie sites that is more professional in their spamming than HL2.net.

Edit2:
778/587
+16/+65 <--Eeek, they're going to catch up in a few minutes :). Oh well, a stupid poll doesn't make any game better or worse.

I'm really surprised HL2 is doing so much better. I was expecting H2 to be the winner for sure. Not that I wanted that, its just what I was expecting.

rofl atm :
Halo 2
Half-Life 2
i voted hl2 i dont even understand why they need a poll .
and even we avent played any how to judge ( imo its all judged ^^ :D )
finally if halo2 wins , people = shit ^^

Oh noes...I think the Halo people are here...

;(

Silent_night said:
damn , halo is on top now , go ahead people vote again for hl2 , go go go !
Rofl, someone sent in the Halo fanboys.

OKay, seriously, Its getting a vote each second now, extremely rythmic, And its also so sudden, either foul play or some link has been posted on a halo fansite. :sniper:

EDIT: ahhh bungie.net

It seems like the bungie.net overflow is slowing down now...now we need to get this on the front page of all the HL2 sites pronto!!!!!!

This hl2 vs halo2 is retarded. I'm not voting for any of them and i really don't care about the result. :angry:

Headless Horseman said:
In Reply To #58
I vote for Halo 2.
The main reason for this is because Gordan Freeman is a wimp. Half Life was just another survival FPS. The premise was that you ran around trying to survive to the point where you could escape, and while you were at it collected around 8 weapons that somehow this nerd scientist could carry while running around, encountering random aliens, and wasting them to repeat the process.
Halo, however, was a whole different story. None of this, 'Oh god, aliens, what am I going to do. I guess I'll try to survive long enough to get a pistol, then weak assault rifle, then stronger gun, then alien gun of some sort that is strongest.' It was more like, 'I'm Master Chief, the badass who is here to kick alien ass just because that's what I do.' You actually went around looking for the aliens to smoke, and made those bastards run from you.
I guess it's just a mindset kind of thing: I'd rather be the badass hunter, not the wimp hunted.
And the MC would kick the hell out of the scientist.
And Half Life was too hard.
And Halo had system link tizzight action, that involved real people, not random 1337 players around

As you can see, this person is talking about the wrong games. This person also uses the word "tizzight," refering to...well...you should be able to understand.

Indeed, we have someone here who believes that Half-Life was too hard and that there were players that were "1337" infering to the fact that he got "o0wn3d" a lot.

Please people. This person is clearly a Halo fanboy.

Sorry to any resonable people that I may have offended...except for that guy.

As you can clearly see, these people are ignorant fools who belive that their game is the saviour of mankind. I'm sorry Bungie, even though your game is the "tizzight," your fans suck.

This makes me laugh on the inside. :LOL:

It's going up at a constant rate...I think they're cheating :(

Quelaar

I'm refreshing and each time I refresh there is one more for Halo 2, this is seriously whacked out. :angry:

You can't compare the two games.

Half-Life 2 is going to be THE game to play on the PC for another 4-5 years.

Halo 2 won't do the same for the Xbox.

Reason I could care less about Halo 2

1)I don't have an x box.
2)I hate FPS's on consoles...it's a hella lot easier to control/aim using a mouse...

Back