Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

I'm now an ultimate nerd, i just bought a sewing machine online. I saw it on e-bay, but i found it cheaper at target. In a few days I will be sewing my precious ant lion, [Insert evil laugh].

And becuase i ran out of earth brown fabric, two parts will be the yellowish color that are supposed to be brown, but it's just a part under the head & an arm connector.

zodiak said:
Well you be making a Nihilanth some day? :)

One day, but the model 2 patter priocess for it will be extremely difficult. And before i make that i need to make a vortigant.

zodiak said:
Well you be making a Nihilanth some day? :)

i would pay to see that lol

these plushes are comming along great though.

Every peice of the ant lion pattern has been cut out of fur and sorted, Now i only need a "WORKING" sewing machine.

yay, vortigaunt is coming!! and i still want an ant-lion... poo, gonna hve to learn how to do this, misha won't make it.

Nope, because it looks evil.... though if slashnburn finds it alright I may be tempted to make one..... but only a baby :)

The baby, Or i guess small ant lion from my understanding would be a royal pain to make. There is at least one peice that would be impossible to do because of it's size, and it's almost 60 parts. Once i get a sewing machine I'll actually start to sew the darn thing together, but before that i need to do some money moving and odd jobs.

And i found these markers that are supposed to be used on fabric, so i'm going to paint my chumtoad purple, with a giant red eye. The put it in the dryer to lock in the color.

misha says the markers are pretty good, and that you can't make that chumtoad till she's finished hers! lol :D

Mad-Larkin said:
misha says the markers are pretty good, and that you can't make that chumtoad till she's finished hers! lol :D

I shale wait then, My re-coloring of my first chumtoad is coming along nicely.

aww thankies :) I would have had it done earlier but It went wrong, so I had a break then world of warcraft came out, and with all these assignments due..... poor little chumtoad is gonna have to wait :(

did any one ever think that headcrabs look like raw turkeys. i love headcrabs. they my favorite.

I'm going to post pic's of my upgraded chumtoad on friday.

Heres a pic of my in-progress colored Headcrab 3.0.

These are so awesome...what kind of material do you suggest for the headcrab pattern?

BlackDahlia said:
These are so awesome...what kind of material do you suggest for the headcrab pattern?

The material should be based off what you want it for. For cute plush like toy, find a shreatchy material (Walmart has this grey streatchy stuff for $2 a yard, it's what i've used for most of mine). But for something less plushy, try fake leather. But if you want a cute & furry headcrab check out fake fur.

This thread is 3rd for replies and 4th for views.
# Replies : 496
# View : 20,018

I finally fixed/updated headcrab 1.1 to my current pattern standards. And i also checked every edge for length. It should fit together much better now.

The poison headcrab pattern is now in the works. I allready have the base pattern traced, the only thing i have to do now is force myself to check every angle and mark it. Then it will be released.

Today I have really out done myself. Poison Headcrab kit 1.0 is ready for download.

Roman Legion said:
that COOL!!

now do the Combine.

I don't know about the combine. That's almost like making a doll. It would be extremely hard to make a combine pattern. I could do a direct port, but that would look horiable. The best idea would be to make almost like a chibe(Blown out of proportion) pattern. It would have to look like the normal plush toys. Thats means a extreme low poly model and fabric of many colors. I'll look into once my poison headcrab is complete. If i do it, it will be the "combine elite"(White suit ones).

As much as I don't mind the entreprenuerial spirit, and Valve are pretty cool about their licensing stuff - if you start making money off of someone else's creation, ie the reproduction of the copyright in the artistic drawing which is the Headcrab, I imagine that Valve might come after you, or at least their lawyers would. Perhaps seeking the Ok from Valve might be a good idea, before you get too carried away. In addition, if you were to produce, inferior plush toy headcrabs without a license you may have the ability to damage the brand, which I am guessing could be actionable as well. Reminds me a little of the Duff Beer case, when an Australian brewer tried to make Duff beer. Fox slammed em pretty hard. This may be why Steam stomped on your link.

And before someone posts, 'what do you know, you're not a frigging lawyer' - in fact, I am.

Send it to them.

:)

Ask them whether you could sell it through them.

Or just keep giving it out for free.

slashandburn said:
Here's a pic of my origonal chumtoad, But colored. :D

Okay.... I'm not even going to finish mine now. That just pwns it completely

Calanen said:
As much as I don't mind the entreprenuerial spirit, and Valve are pretty cool about their licensing stuff - if you start making money off of someone else's creation, ie the reproduction of the copyright in the artistic drawing which is the Headcrab, I imagine that Valve might come after you, or at least their lawyers would. Perhaps seeking the Ok from Valve might be a good idea, before you get too carried away. In addition, if you were to produce, inferior plush toy headcrabs without a license you may have the ability to damage the brand, which I am guessing could be actionable as well. Reminds me a little of the Duff Beer case, when an Australian brewer tried to make Duff beer. Fox slammed em pretty hard. This may be why Steam stomped on your link.

And before someone posts, 'what do you know, you're not a frigging lawyer' - in fact, I am.

There is no money being made from this....

and about inferior plush toys, you make your own, so you only have yourself to blame for anything thats inferior

i mean, my headcrab is technically inferior, he's got no teethies :(
but i think he's cuter :)

Calanen said:

There is no product here to sell. All of the patterns are free online for download. You download and make them yourself.

Someone else on the steam forums allready asked valve if he could mass produce headcrabs, and valve said no.

I lie a lot. I've allready started on the combine elite plush pattern. I've got the model down to around 450 polygons. Most of the detail has been removed. It's just the basic's.

Now Should i make it accurate, or screw around with the model. Make it have short arms,legs and a big head.

Note : The orange lines define the pattern peices.

The last picture is what super deformed might look like.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    27 KB · Views: 397
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 341
OK, I'm going to make the Super Deformed combine pattern then. It looks so cute, (What am i saying).

The only part i really need to work on is the hands. What should they look like.

i'd choose to make two flat hands and sew them together.

I think the combine elite super Deformed model is ready to be made into an pattern. I changed the hands almost entirly to flat like peices.

I may split one of the larger parts though, so i could make the pattern bigger.

Back