Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

I almost have most of the ant lion body complete. The only parts not done is the back. Then i will quickly finish the feet/arms.

hey all, well, i'm at home this weekend, and i found the acticle in my brothers pc gamer. scanned it and have it here.

unfortunately the upload isn't working, so i'll upload it when i get home tonight.

Mad-Larkin said:
hey all, well, i'm at home this weekend, and i found the acticle in my brothers pc gamer. scanned it and have it here.

unfortunately the upload isn't working, so i'll upload it when i get home tonight.

Try http://s19.yousendit.com/ to slashjandburn @ 3d2toy (dot) com

The first ever ver 3.0 headcrab (simple) can now be seen in the gallery.

u still havent sent me one of those things yet, tsk tsk.

Planet-Half-life is screwing around with my almost dead thread there. They think 3d2toy.com is a comemercial website.

The poster kit i mentioned earlier has been released. I could have i`had it out earlier, but my school internet for some reason beleived that my pc was infected with some virus and ecided to cut off my internet connection. I don't like the school internet anymore, they keep disabling mine while I fix the ones they don't disable.

The poster kit is 24"x34" inches and is made up of 4 pages. A wing alone should be 2 feet tall.

dude u are a god :D my stupid step mother is good at sewing if she dose a good enough job at macking one of those lovely little critters who knows i may even begin to .,.... love her!

SsmitzZ said:
dude u are a god my stupid step mother is good at sewing if she dose a good enough job at macking one of those lovely little critters who knows i may even begin to .,.... love her!
Plush toys... they bring families together. :)

SsmitzZ said:
dude u are a god :D my stupid step mother is good at sewing if she dose a good enough job at macking one of those lovely little critters who knows i may even begin to .,.... love her!

You made me smile. :)

I hope your's comes out well. They are really a pain to make, but once you get down the number system it's second nature.

I always hate the tracing part, It's just never fun.

slashandburn, others, wow! I have read through all 31 pages of this, and laughed out loud about 7 times. Bravo sir!

I think my favourite comment came from the fellow who wanted his own "furry little head humper" for his own.

You have inspired me to try my hand at sewing!

Cheers! Thank you!

Beazil said:
slashandburn, others, wow! I have read through all 31 pages of this, and laughed out loud about 7 times. Bravo sir!

I think my favourite comment came from the fellow who wanted his own "furry little head humper" for his own.

You have inspired me to try my hand at sewing!

Cheers! Thank you!

Good luck with sewing. The easiest patterns are snark 2.0 and headcrab 3.0.

Also i started a little side project on 3d2toy to follow the creation of an ant lion. It's on the main page.

Don't ask why, but i made a extremely easy pattern today. It's based off a static model from sven co-op rpg 2. It's a mushroom.

The Bullsquid is very impressive plush to make, it looks really cool u should make one for us to see.

i think the houndeye would make an excellent toy to make i diddnt see but have u made the kit for that?
:afro:

moggy said:
The Bullsquid is very impressive plush to make, it looks really cool u should make one for us to see.

i think the houndeye would make an excellent toy to make i diddnt see but have u made the kit for that?
:afro:

Houndeye Kit 1.0 is on the website. I need to release a poster size pattern of that and the bullsquid.

Hey Mad-Larkin, how do you sew fur. I'm trying to figure out how fur seams work for the ant lion.

you'll have to ask misha for that, she did it. i'll get her to post

Mad-Larkin said:
you'll have to ask misha for that, she did it. i'll get her to post

Thanks,

And i just released a poster edition of the bullsquid pattern. It's two pages and the final product should be huge.

slashandburn said:
Houndeye Kit 1.0 is on the website. I need to release a poster size pattern of that and the bullsquid.

Hey Mad-Larkin, how do you sew fur. I'm trying to figure out how fur seams work for the ant lion.

Er with a sweing machine? :p I didn't do anything different than I did sewing the other headcrabs. It's tough to do, and it takes a while, the fur I found, kept slipping so I had to re-align the two pieces alot.

Oh, and I advise you check how you cut the fur, because I made the mistake of just chopping away haphazard and spanky ended up with one side of his fur facing the wrong way, so when you stroke him, some fur sticks up hehe.

Sorry, probably didn't help much.

Misha said:
Er with a sweing machine? :p I didn't do anything different than I did sewing the other headcrabs. It's tough to do, and it takes a while, the fur I found, kept slipping so I had to re-align the two pieces alot.

Oh, and I advise you check how you cut the fur, because I made the mistake of just chopping away haphazard and spanky ended up with one side of his fur facing the wrong way, so when you stroke him, some fur sticks up hehe.

Sorry, probably didn't help much.

The one area which i'm confused with is the seams. Do I have to cut some fur off or something?

i don't think we did. the thread will go between all the fur, so it should be fine.

whoops - this is mad-larkin by the way, forgot to log misha out ;)

I'm going to practive sewing on my friends machine by making a headcrab 3.0. It should not take to long.

Misha said:
i don't think we did. the thread will go between all the fur, so it should be fine.

whoops - this is mad-larkin by the way, forgot to log misha out ;)

I swear this is a fake account just to make u look good....

pr0nking said:
I swear this is a fake account just to make u look good....

You haven't been paying attention to this thread for a while. A few hundred posts back their are pics of mad & his GF.

I'm 1/2 way done with my headcrab 3.0, I actually like it more then the origonal.

I finished my headcrab 3.0. It looks nice, but for detail 1.1 still rocks. Also heres a comparison pic between 1.0 & 3.0.

The quality is better,but the shape of ver. 1.0 looks...well..more cute. ;)

slashandburn said:
You haven't been paying attention to this thread for a while. A few hundred posts back their are pics of mad & his GF.

I'm 1/2 way done with my headcrab 3.0, I actually like it more then the origonal.
Lol. XD

The 3.0 looks awesome! :D

Edit: GAH, What the hell?
Why do I have a warning level? o_O

I just ordered the fabric for my ant lion, it should arive by the 10th. I choose 7-10 day, but it's only going to take about 2. :)

ooo good luck with that. I daren't even touch the antlion pattern... looks too complicated

Misha said:
ooo good luck with that. I daren't even touch the antlion pattern... looks too complicated

Thanks, I'm making the Poster Version. Tommorow th 10th about 4 yards of fabric will arive in the mail, so i can start tracing. I bought something called cuddle faux fur in the colors Vicuna, Earth Brown and White.

Heres the Desc of the fur
Imitation furs with a look that is genuine and a feel that is cuddly soft. This Cuddle Fur fabric is made of 100% acrylic material that helps to create a delicate appearance. Measuring 60" in width this fabric is the perfect size for any kind of craft or accessory item. Available in a beautiful array of colors that are sure to please.

the fur + shipping cost me about $22

Today is the strangest day yet. I bought 5 large bags of poly-fill. Each one is 20 oz. The walmart ladies gave me some strange looks. But now i almost have everything for the ant lion, except for the fabric thats comming in tommorow and the,___________________cord for the sewing machine. When i drove 8 hours with a friend to get her sewing machine, sew cidentally left the cord at her house, hopefully the cord will arrive in the mail soon.

Back