Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

slashandburn said:
I do like the $13.37 mug, It's kinda funny :)
I get it :D :lol:
They certaintly don't give you much profit :?

Good work on all the stuff you've been doing, I really respect and appreciate it, and I hope you continue to do this :D

Would there be any way to make them in black instead of white?

I'm kinda the kind of person who is allergic to white. :wink:

Flib>Noone said:
Would there be any way to make them in black instead of white?

I'm kinda the kind of person who is allergic to white. :wink:

The shirts? I will have to look into it.

After looking around i don't beleive there are any "black" shirts, That kinda makes me angry also, Who doesn't like a back shirt?

But it kinda makes sense because of their shirt making process It would be odd to submit a black background image.

I know i'm a little late to the game.

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was lame. Then I saw the front page for the bullsquide and I was like "YEAHH!!!!"

So I was wondering slash, what kind of fabric do you think would make good for hugging. Something soft to the touch but wouldn't be completely fluffy. I was thinking velvet but then that's way too expensive. I want to make something I can hug at night. I have this odd obsession, I have a hard time sleeping if there isnt something to wrap my arms around, a pillow, a pile of clothes, heck, even a block of wood! And I was thinking, why not make a headcrab to sleep with!

I'm thinking of something that wouldn't yeild too much difficulty sewing, as i'm no master of it.

Also, what if I was to scale all the pieces of printed paper down smaller, all on the same ratio. Would that yield me a smaller headcrab or just a big mess.

Oh and what's the difference between the versions? I was thinking of doing version 3 since it's soo easy but I want to know if there is a real big difference.

Thanks!

sinkoman said:

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was lame. Then I saw the front page for the bullsquide and I was like "YEAHH!!!!"

So I was wondering slash, what kind of fabric do you think would make good for hugging. Something soft to the touch but wouldn't be completely fluffy. I was thinking velvet but then that's way too expensive. I want to make something I can hug at night. I have this odd obsession, I have a hard time sleeping if there isnt something to wrap my arms around, a pillow, a pile of clothes, heck, even a block of wood! And I was thinking, why not make a headcrab to sleep with!

I'm thinking of something that wouldn't yeild too much difficulty sewing, as i'm no master of it.

Also, what if I was to scale all the pieces of printed paper down smaller, all on the same ratio. Would that yield me a smaller headcrab or just a big mess.

Oh and what's the difference between the versions? I was thinking of doing version 3 since it's soo easy but I want to know if there is a real big difference.

Thanks!

First off, I don't know to much about materials and fabrics, I'm a CSCI major. But austin down the hall said something about silk. But also he mentioned that you would need to research the stuffing a bit.

And the scale of all the peices is the same. Headcrab V1 has some issues with this, But the ones after have been verified to fit together, Well to the best of my knowlegde, i did have to cheat on a few angles when making the pattern. My 3d->2d conversion process still requires lots of human input to work.

And if you want a pillow crab get the design and blown up about 2x and it will be freaking huge. You may want kinkos to do it.

sinkoman said:

Also, what if I was to scale all the pieces of printed paper down smaller, all on the same ratio. Would that yield me a smaller headcrab or just a big mess.Oh and what's the difference between the versions? I was thinking of doing version 3 since it's soo easy but I want to know if there is a real big difference.

Thanks!

i used a cheap teddy bear fur for its back, and what my girlfriend called mole skin for its belly, for the stuffing we brought some cheap pillows for a couch, and then ripped them up, i think in total i spent about £20 on fabrics, and the pillows were £1 each. its great, i hug it in bed all the time :)

slashandburn has pictures of it on his site, look there

slashandburn said:
The shirts? I will have to look into it.

After looking around i don't beleive there are any "black" shirts, That kinda makes me angry also, Who doesn't like a back shirt?

But it kinda makes sense because of their shirt making process It would be odd to submit a black background image.
Whoa, I must have been tired last night. O_O
Yeah I mean the shirts x_x

The first headcrab is the one from HL1, the second one HL2, and 3rd is a very simplifiyed one.

Flib>Noone said:
...The first headcrab is the one from HL1, the second one HL2, and 3rd is a very simplifiyed one.

Thats right, The third is kit 1.0, but heavily modified/fixed.

Also i must say that kit 1.0 has never been pre-checked for errors. So a few edges don't match up correctly, but it still looks good.

chumtoad

okies ppl, we have a chumtoad, my gorgeous girlfriend has just whipped one out in a matter of hours!! then named it noope.

Mad-Larkin said:
okies ppl, we have a chumtoad, my gorgeous girlfriend has just whipped one out in a matter of hours!! then named it noope.

You beat me, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also i almost have a mod ready for the chumtoad pattern. WHen i made it i removed the open mouth, If this works i should have a open mouth chumtoad with tougue. 89% done with mine at the moment, It's also grey.

I'll put the pis up later.

Good Work

Flib>Noone said:
Awesome Chumtoad! :D
Hours you say?
Must be getting efficient. O_O

is that sarcasm?? have you made one?? its not an easy job.

slashandburn said:
I have finished my chumtoad + mouth mod. Pictures of Mad-Larkin's and mine are now on www.3D2Toy.com.

nice one mate. girlfriend now says she want a vortigaunt. :)

Is anyone else actually makeing them? Other then the people who have been shown in the 3d2toy gallery.

Now about to make a snark in red and maybe a purple chumtoad, but that'll be later on. Hope it works, I didnt have much sucess with my practice snark -- mads gf

Approximately four and a half hours later I present to you the aptly named wonky

slashandburn said:
Is anyone else actually makeing them? Other then the people who have been shown in the 3d2toy gallery.
I work on my simple headcrab every once in a while.
Can't really get too much work on it done because of school, got lots of tests and stuff. :?

Edit: Sexeh snark :D

mate, antlion... yes, big momma... no (not too bothered), gorge... maybe, greasel... nah.

i want a gargant!!! and a vortigaunt!

I guess the next pattern will be the ant lion, I really want to make a life sized one.

I don't have a timetable for it yet though.

PS: The file is a side project I've been working on for some time. I'm making some extra part packs for it currently.

http://friendlygarg.hl2files.com/halfpark/lops/index.html

Attachments

• 07.png
    07.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 344
My own hedy

Ha! you won't believe me! I made a headcrab on my own, i mean, without your instructions.
Now can you give me a good name for him?!

WormsME said:
Ha! you won't believe me! I made a headcrab on my own, i mean, without your instructions.
Now can you give me a good name for him?!

wow, thats a pretty good try, looks well cuddly!! i name it spaz!! ;)

Jeez, some of these headcrabs are looking impressive! I'd love to have one, but have no chance of making it :( If only someone were to sell them on eBay....

Yeah, a nice try. The only problem of sewing without a pattern is 2d space streached to the 3d world. Sure it has some resemblence to the humble headcrab, but it's not accurate.

That is the most awesome headcrab so far!

It kinda looks like one of the mini ones. :D

S&B, would it be possible for you to teach me how to convert models to the kit things, so that I can do stuff myself? :D

Flib>Noone said:
S&B, would it be possible for you to teach me how to convert models to the kit things, so that I can do stuff myself? :D

The first step is to go get blender 3d and maybe the official guide book.

The only ones that exist are shown on my site. I have the ant lion pattern in the works. I just need to find some time to finish it, then make it.

Back