Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

Dr. Freeman said:
i am interested to see Nihilanth in its full, stuffed glory :D
please do post pics of it when its ready :)

Nihilanth is going to be trouble. It has those metal parts. I will either have to add on my own rendition of the bottom, or remove it entirely.

slashandburn,
Just exactly why did make a Headcrab Plush Toy? Do you make a living making that type of stuff? I am just curious, as I don't think I would have the initiative nor the skill to make such thing.

Sorry if this was addressed before. I did not have time to read all the 322 replies.

Goethe said:
slashandburn,
Just exactly why did make a Headcrab Plush Toy? Do you make a living making that type of stuff? I am just curious, as I don't think I would have the initiative nor the skill to make such thing.

Sorry if this was addressed before. I did not have time to read all the 322 replies.

There was a post on the steam forums, that was named "I want a plush headcrab". I just read it and decided to make one. So then i had to find out how to UV map 3d objects and import Half-Life SMD into blender. That was a fun task/java programming exercise.

slashandburn said:
There was a post on the steam forums, that was named "I want a plush headcrab". I just read it and decided to make one. So then i had to find out how to UV map 3d objects and import Half-Life SMD into blender. That was a fun task/java programming exercise.

That sounds cool. So that program gives you the dimensions of all the surfaces in a given 3D model?

Goethe said:
You didn't write blend, or did you? ;)

Nope, But it is a great tool. I mostly write java applications. Like the SMDTORAW converter. It's required to get Half-Life SMD's into Blender without using a pay tool.

slashandburn said:
Nope, But it is a great tool. I mostly write java applications. Like the SMDTORAW converter. It's required to get Half-Life SMD's into Blender without using a pay tool.

slashandburn I think you did a great job with those headcrabs. I would make one myself if I only had the time ;)

Make it something to do in your spare time.
I have no sewing skills (other than natural ones) and I'm doing fine. :D

S&B, do you think it would be possible for you/me to make something from an Unreal Engine game into a plushy?

Flib>Noone said:
Make it something to do in your spare time.
I have no sewing skills (other than natural ones) and I'm doing fine. :D

S&B, do you think it would be possible for you/me to make something from an Unreal Engine game into a plushy?

Maybe, but i would need to investigate a little.

What version of unreal, and whats the file name/ name of object.

hey all. i'm finally back :)

i'm liking the look of the houndeye (didn't know he only had 3 legs either) and i love chumtoads!!

Woow really cool. That headcrab looks awsome. I'll try to make one myself soon. Damn awsome :eek: :thumbs: :O

slashandburn said:
Maybe, but i would need to investigate a little.

What version of unreal, and whats the file name/ name of object.
Unreal 1 engine.
.3d
This version of the Unreal 1 engine uses two files for one model.
Ex: Greasel_a.3d and Greasel_d.3d

Flib>Noone said:
Unreal 1 engine.
.3d
This version of the Unreal 1 engine uses two files for one model.
Ex: Greasel_a.3d and Greasel_d.3d

Ok, now i just have to find unreal. I have it at home, but it's about 120 miles away.

I found a file format spec for unreal. I will try to have a working decompiler later tonight.

I got my unreal decompiler working. It will decompile every frame of animation into seperate raw files, which blender will import. Take a look at the pic to see the Greasel.

slashandburn said:
I got my unreal decompiler working. It will decompile every frame of animation into seperate raw files, which blender will import. Take a look at the pic to see the Greasel.
Awesome, it worked! :D
I was afraid it wouldn't because it was a wierd unreal engine model format.
Here's a picture of it ingame :D
click

I have a preview of the bullsquid up. This weekend i plan on making a chumtoad.

I'l start on the greasel after the bullsquid model.

Instead of putting Greasel under Unreal, could you put it under "Deus Ex"?
That's the name of the game it came from. :D
It just uses the unreal engine.

Bullsquid is looking awesome :D

Flib>Noone said:
Instead of putting Greasel under Unreal, could you put it under "Deus Ex"?
That's the name of the game it came from. :D
It just uses the unreal engine.

Bullsquid is looking awesome :D

OK, I made that change.

I have the peices for the bullsquid. I just need to convert them over to lineart, and then check the edges.

i was looking at ur site slashandburn and was very impressed by the amount of detail in Redlemons' versions of headcrabs.
anyway all those versions look nice :thumbs:

I need to go back and edit the first Headcrab Kit. It's about 1.06 megs. Headcrab Classic is only 82KB. It has been downloaded 202 time and becuase of it 214.120 megs has been sent. All of the other download totals only add up to 50 megs. And i still havent error checked the skin.

I have joined the dark side. 3d2toy now has a store. It's located at the bottom of the page.

Flib>Noone said:
How much profit do ya get?

No headcrab tshit? :(

$2-3, depends on the item. I do like the $13.37 mug, It's kinda funny :)

If you really want one with a headcrab design instead just say so and i will have it changed in an instance. It's just that the website only allows me to have one type of an item with the free site. Let me know and i'll change it to anything you want. And say which one, there are 3 headcrab kits.

I may buy some of the lops magnets for my self though, I love my little program.

Lol you gotta love the "I have Crabs" "classic style thong" Haha!

Back