Hi-Res Gold Package Screenies.

nvrmor said:
meh. i'm not impressed. doesnt seem worth the extra cash.

box= crap
hat= velcro? thats ***. rather have it with just the symbol, doesnt need to say "half life 2"
sticker=meh, better if it was just the symbol, and orange please
posters=folded??? wtf. useless
postcard=why?
strat guide= awesome, but i can get that anywhere
soundtrack=great, but i'm sure i can just get it from the game files anyway.
extra game content=only really good thing

overall 4/10

Your an idiot. Shut up while your ahead.

Extra game content!? Never heard of that! What kind of stuff?

Ownzed said:
Your an idiot. Shut up while your ahead.

:rolleyes: aww, does it bother you i have my own opinions? here have a :imu: and stfu child.

vegeta897 said:
Extra game content!? Never heard of that! What kind of stuff?

just the dod source and that stuff

nvrmor said:
meh. i'm not impressed. doesnt seem worth the extra cash.

box= crap
hat= velcro? thats ***. rather have it with just the symbol, doesnt need to say "half life 2"
sticker=meh, better if it was just the symbol, and orange please
posters=folded??? wtf. useless
postcard=why?
strat guide= awesome, but i can get that anywhere
soundtrack=great, but i'm sure i can just get it from the game files anyway.
extra game content=only really good thing

overall 4/10

good god the nerds have been unleashed!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-elf
what an ugly bed sheet....damn!

I bet you are a female

females always care about their bed sheet colour

no im not a ****ing female...but that truly is the ugliest bed sheet i have ever seen!...(ashton kutcher is gona where the hl2 hat!)

gold package = rip-off, cr*p, boring, smelly, n00bish.

All the extra content in Gold costs $40 - since after shipping (in the US) Gold comes to a total of $100 and Silver gets you all the same game content for $60.

The strategy guide is $25 according to EBGames and Prima, so that means everything else is $15. Considering the Halo 2 soundtrack alone retails for $15 (and I think it's much shorter as well), 3 posters, a sticker, a hat, a soundtrack and a postcard is quite nice.

$100 is a lot to spend on one game, but it isn't a ripoff. It just isn't for everyone.

hmm.. so this person received their gold package items?
i haven't gotten mine yet :(

LeXo5 said:
All i want in that entire thing is the soundtrack. The rest of that seems ........ crappy. The posters are folded, no good. The hat is not a one-size-fits all kind where the back of it is closed. The sticker is really cheap, just black and white!! Some color and nicer design woulda been worth it. The box doesn't seem very cool, a metal one (think UT2K4 SE) woulda been cooler.

the back of the hat is adjustable velcro, yay! :upstare: ... and this box is shitty because it just contains the extra goodies... im sure the box that contains HL2 itself will be much cooler (i hope).

so... did anyone notice on the strategy guide it says that it will show you strategic and useful ways to use the zero-point gravity gun? surely i have thought of every way possible by now lmao.

oh, and just to be clear to those who didn't read the original post and just clicked the pictures, this isn't my thread... i copied and pasted from the steamforums thread that i linked to...

oh, and DoD:Source doesn't come with any retail offer... even the CE.

The "extra content" is just Valve's back catalog.

I don't care what anybody says, the box looks mint. I just hope mine doesn't arrive in that condition! I'll be SO pissed if it gets damaged. :eek:

Man that guy has a sickly ass thumb if I ever seen one.

got mine this earlier today :D
hmm...and why wouldn't pple wear the HL2 hat in public? whats wrong?
its just like a Halo2 hat/t-shirt.. i don't see the big deal in not wearing it.

What a waste of money for all that extra shite. What was it like $40 more for that stuff? I bet all that extra paper and cardboard make the game taste bad.

poo poo head said:
I only payed $40 for it, so i win....

No, I'm sorry you still lose. You paid $40 for a load of crap. Go Vivendi!

EDIT: Ok, I'm through flaming you guys. Really as long as you're happy with it, who cares?

If i remember correctly you should also be getting a HL2 shirt.. where is it ?

genocide604 said:
how did you get hl2 already? Gold buyers get early?

we didn't get the actual game.. we only got the contents included in the Gold package.
the game is still only available to us through Steam.

only thing worth in the package would be the book and the chance to win a trip to valve
im glad my friend slapped me on the head while i was about to hit the "order now" button

rrm said:
who the hell is going to wear that cap in public?

Me.

WTF is wrong with that? Some people just don't like expressing themselves. People wear Halo shirts and it's "cool".

Hypocrites.

I proudly wear my "I see fragged people" and "Scan my network and die" shirts and get awesome comments from people. "HAHA! I LOVE THAT! or "Lmao that's great!". :dozey:

so i don't think the answer to "what's on the soundtrack?" has been posted yet. what kind of music? is it good? how many songs? etc...

SubKamran said:
Me.

WTF is wrong with that? Some people just don't like expressing themselves. People wear Halo shirts and it's "cool".

Hypocrites.

I proudly wear my "I see fragged people" and "Scan my network and die" shirts and get awesome comments from people. "HAHA! I LOVE THAT! or "Lmao that's great!". :dozey:

Hell yeah! Where can I get some of those amazing t-shirts!!!

Also, I think it's all about personal taste. I am really looking forward to all the extra stuff. Folded posters? What's up with that? Who cares? I don't mind folded posters, I need something to cover up these walls.

Also, the hat. That looks amazingly cool, I'm gonna wear it to school, and around my town - Who cares if I get beat up? I like Half-life2!!

And what the hell? Ashton Kuchter? That guy of Punk'd? I don't like him, and that could put me off wearing the hat for a while.

Good work on the screenshots! I would have gotten mine today only I didn't wake up in time for the postman, and he ran off :(.

-Dekstar

Ahh. My gold pack just arrived (in australia!!!) . Im wearing my hat , listening to the soundtrack (witch i hope gets better)

Anyway , my lust for half life 2 has been renewed . SCREW YOU HALO 2!

... I wear a fitted hat, that sais 1337... only a few have understood it, the ones who do say whats up.. others look in bewilderment.. :p

I go to a tech school (RIT). I'm assuming it will only be a matter of days until I see multiple people wearing the hat..... I first heard of the official release date by overhearing someone mention it on my way back from class... Whole floor of Computer Science... HL2 will cause chaos on the network.... But yeah, I might wear the hat if I feel the need (Not much of a hat person). I got the gold for $40 also w/ the voucher.

GoDGuY said:
Ahh. My gold pack just arrived (in australia!!!) . Im wearing my hat , listening to the soundtrack (witch i hope gets better)

Anyway , my lust for half life 2 has been renewed . SCREW YOU HALO 2!
Mine went in transit 1½ hour ago :) should arrive at my house soon.

Back