high quality hl2 vids in new pc gamer

Dr0ndeh said:
probably not, its just easier for them to re-use the models i'd imagine.

They dont re-use models Gabe made it clear in one of the emails that all the humens look different.

well its probably the same person then, but i doubt hes important.

I bought the CD version and all it had was the stupid pre-E3 video. Now that stinks! I now don't feel bad about wanting to download it.

Pitbul said:
ah typicaly HL2 fanboyism, i expect no less from you pathetic Shuzer.

Yes, it's really easy to call someone a fanboy when he clearly proves you wrong. Great job, not THAT is the way to win an argument :thumbs:

Even with simple numbers we, and even you my dear Pitbul, can draw the simple conclusion that HL2 character models > Doom 3 character models.
For example, the G-Man uses a 1024x1024 texture for just his face! Doom 3 generally uses a 512x512 map for the entire character. A typical HL2 face contains more polygons than an entire Doom 3 model. The G-Man uses subtle specularity effects on area's like the nose and the forehead to simulate oily skin.
Now I'm not saying 'OMG HL2 pwns Doom 3 lolz!'. No. I'm merely saying that this is an area where Doom 3 is less good at than HL2, in fact, gets ass raped.
No fanboyism here sir, just good ol' facts.

PvtRyan said:
Yes, it's really easy to call someone a fanboy when he clearly proves you wrong. Great job, not THAT is the way to win an argument :thumbs:

Even with simple numbers we, and even you my dear Pitbul, can draw the simple conclusion that HL2 character models > Doom 3 character models.
For example, the G-Man uses a 1024x1024 texture for just his face! Doom 3 generally uses a 512x512 map for the entire character. A typical HL2 face contains more polygons than an entire Doom 3 model. The G-Man uses subtle specularity effects on area's like the nose and the forehead to simulate oily skin.
Now I'm not saying 'OMG HL2 pwns Doom 3 lolz!'. No. I'm merely saying that this is an area where Doom 3 is less good at than HL2, in fact, gets ass raped.

En zo is het. Dank u :)

Yep, one area where Doom 3 fell down is the human characters. As much as I was impressed with other things in the game, characters like Swann and Bertruger looked . . . well, just bad.

HL2 definitely has the most realistic looking human characters of any game so far.

PvtRyan said:

Yeah, Doom 3 concentrates a lot on environements and mood (ie: dynamic shadows) and that's where that game shines and sets standards for the industry. Since a lot of the game is in shoadows and you are alone, not a lot of work was spend on human characters (not that they look bad, they are the best around). But HL2 really want to hammer in the human connection they want you to have with the NPCs (if Alyx cries when I shoot her in the foot I'll *****ing freak and cheer). Doom 3 and HL2 just concentrated on different things, and I apprechiate the area HL2 concentrated on much more that the areas Doom 3 concentrated on, but again that's an opintion.

redrain85 said:
Yep, one area where Doom 3 fell down is the human characters. As much as I was impressed with other things in the game, characters like Swann and Bertruger looked . . . well, just bad.

HL2 definitely has the most realistic looking human characters of any game so far.

I really don't like the looks of the weapons in Doom 3, they look plain ugly compared to the beautiful environment.

Burning Fish said:
I really didn't like the looks of the weapons in Doom 3, they look plain ugly compared to the beautiful environment.

I've said it 5 times, and I'll say it for the 6th time. Just because Doom didn't have secondary fire does not force ID to abolish that idea. Give weapons two firing modes and you suddenly double your arsenal, and I don't care about the Original Doom. What worked 10 years ago does not necesserily work today.

Raziel-Jcd said:
They dont re-use models Gabe made it clear in one of the emails that all the humens look different.

Any chance of a quote?

I mean, it's doubtful that they'll make 40+ models of NPCs, but interchange features. There's always a chance that one or two models will get the same set of features, hence look the same.

The morph thing was talked about ages ago, the muscles in the face and body work in arcs, (like most animated charecters these days) but there are certain widths and stretch distances and things that generate randomly so that charecters faces appear slightly different each time, and one charecter will walk slightly different than the last, enough to make u sub consiously see them as slightly different.

Things like fleshtone are handled the same way, generated randomly between a certain range , to give slightly darker or slightly lighter tones, pehaps the generic voice playback speed is adjusted slightly to, but the tech behind doing it is very basic, its just a neat idea.

As for the rockets, they seem to be done the same way as Half-life 1 (and others), the rocket is spawned in the center point of the charecter, you wouldnt notice when playing.

when I se that realistic shot of Gman I crey cuz will not look like that in my bad PC

*<RJMC> kicks his PC*

<RJMC> said:
when I se that realistic shot of Gman I crey cuz will not look like that in my bad PC

*<RJMC> kicks his PC*

Maybe it won't look that good b/c you're kicking your PC... :dozey:

OK, ARE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the plan so far is to NOT upload the video, right? Are you even thinking about uploading the video??? If i come back later an the video hasn't been hosted you are gong to DIE. Are you deliberatly trying to get us angry. WE NEED THAT VIDEO UPLOADED. please, please, please... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitbul said:
ah typicaly HL2 fanboyism, i expect no less from you pathetic Shuzer.

Apparently, you missed the bit where I said Doom 3 looks amazing. :rolleyes:
I'm no more a fan of HL2 than I am Doom 3 these days. If you can honestly say Doom 3's player models are better than HL2's, you're on crack.

I agree, most of Doom 3 is visually better than HL2, but the player models are one area that VALVe clearly triumphs in.

way to not upload it yet guys ... sweet job ... If I come back tomorrow and its not uploaded you're going to die!!! I'm with that freeman HL2 guy ... anyway ... upload it

wow its been like 20 hours and no upload. real slick.

What's the point? It's the same media we've seen a thousand times.. even if it is higher quality, I can't say that I care.

It's the principal, we need to fool ourselves that HL2 is getting ahead, even if it's something as small as rehashed videos. It's all in our minds: Welcome to the REAL world, where HL2 never comes out.

I can not visualize HL2 being released in my mind for some reason... I just cant see it happening ... Really , I cant ... But someone plz go buy pc gamer and upload the video ... w00t

I can not visualize HL2 being released in my mind for some reason... I just cant see it happening ... Really , I cant ... But someone plz go buy pc gamer and upload the video ... w00t

me too
the only way I get excited about HL2 is when I see beta screenshots

This is the time when it will hit me that I finally have HL2 in my hands and am playing it (at which point I will break down and cry):

*I look up and see the G-Man smirking at me. "Hello, Mr. Freeman", he says,...."*

I speak for everyone when I say. WE ARE GETTING PISSED!!!
I no longer remember who started this forum, but it was obviously posted to torture ALL OF US. Because that is exactly what you are doing!!! We are all going to take action into our own hands if you don't upload within 24hours!!!!

FreemanHL2 said:
I no longer remember who started this forum, but it was obviously posted to torture ALL OF US. Because that is exactly what you are doing!!! We are all going to take action into our own hands if you don't upload within 24hours!!!!

YES, YES, let us unite brothers and hot sisters, and let us storm Valve and demand this old high quality, rehashed, video. We will take hostages if we must. Remember to bring your crowbars. :) :dozey:

omfg ... lazic i <3 u ... lol ... yes ... UPLOAD NOW0W00W0!!! its old rehashed video and i wanna see it ...

This will be the third of fourth version of these files.Woe.

How hard is it to upload the binks somewhere so we can download them. I mean JESUS H CHRIST Valve, it's a 2 minute job.

lazicsavo said:
YES, YES, let us unite brothers and hot sisters, and let us storm Valve and demand this old high quality, rehashed, video. We will take hostages if we must. Remember to bring your crowbars. :) :dozey:

Mine's at the shop getting polished, there was a piece of cranium stuck in there.

FreemanHL2 said:

torture? moi? i would never do such a thing.

this will cheer you up, if you look at 'g7.jpg' REAL close, its asif the gman is about to kiss you. have fun with that. xxx.

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 388
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 355
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 371
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 381
  • g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 359

Attachments

• g6.jpg
    g6.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 356
  • g7.jpg
    g7.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 396
The gman needs to get some sleep, look at his eyes.

I am going to ask you a question and i expect an answer, OK.

What are you doing about the upload???
Are you still trying to get it done???
Why don't you use DigiQ8's offer?

Please respond!

FreemanHL2 said:
I am going to ask you a question and i expect an answer, OK.

What are you doing about the upload???
Are you still trying to get it done???
Why don't you use DigiQ8's offer?

Please respond!

thats several questions but i will answer them all.

1. nothing
2. no
3. cos i cant be bothered, ive got better things to use my bandwidth on.

i hope this makes you feel better.

Back