HL2.net Comic: The Arena

Arena Page 4!

Yes, you may have noticed that it is slanted. But that is on purpose, to create sort of kerr-azy perspective. Definetly not because I scanned it crooked and was too lazy to redo it... :angel:

is this comic going to be totally parallel to the topic, or more flexible than that?

I'm taking some inspirationg from the real thread, but after seeing this page I think you'll agree that I'm also taking many liberties... :cheers:

and is betting strictly party foods only?

I do not condone betting or gambling of any form in any way at any time, ever. Er...bet anything you want! :D

Hommmm That is rather crazy !!! tho the skew isnt very obvious :p

Very busy frame i love it!

Very nice again! Your attention to detail is unmatched.

(Now get me in there ;))

So does el chi win? Or is he merely flying away using his super power of flight?

The squint angle actually adds to the dramatic edge, as if it's on-the-move camera footage :D

The detail's great, as always; at first I found Dalamari to be so small that I thought you'd just drawn a forumite with a deformed scalp... Mechagodzilla looks pretty small, hiding behind that building, being the cowardly mechanised dinosaur that he is!

As for el Chi, I'm merely flinging him to closest egg depot. Lennie = win! Almost as win as Friggy.

That last entry is do deliciously chaotic; much like the arena thread. I'll be watching this with great interest.

Yeah nicely done sulk....

Shhhhhh: guys i know what happens :p and i also know that a sequals in discussion at Sulkdodds Enterprises (his house) :eek: :naughty:

I got no cameo! Buhuhuhuhu, etc, etc. :( Great comics, anyway :thumbs:

I'd like to point out that the Arena eventually got shut down as a few people started taking things too seriously, and we had a few random real flamers in there.. sullied the thread.. the problem was, the community changed dynamic, and given the rules against forum games, it seemed a tad odd that the Arena survived, so sadly it was locked.

That said, I'd love to appear in this comic with my legendary tau and crossbow combo :D

im scared!! :O

I hope you are all very ashamed for promoting this comic cos i sure am :p

Joke its great cant wait for more

well i think sulk has lost it. his mind has become to kaotic, probable due to the fact i hang around with him in real life lol.

Edcrab said:
As for el Chi, I'm merely flinging him to closest egg depot. Lennie = win! Almost as win as Friggy.
I'll admit, it doesn't look too good for ol' Spongebob, but you never know... Don't put all your Scotch eggs in one basket just yet, Eddie :)

Sulk - well done again, dude. You've captured the manic, desperately incomprehensible chaos of that plane wreck of a thread really well!

crushenator 500 said:
http://up2.fastuploads.com/arena4.JPG

If that's me, then who am i Fighting? :p

Great comic :)

Thats because your eyes are just shiney black plastic.

Recoil....You're going down :flame: :naughty:

Sulkdods, I sincearly hope you do take a lot from the original arena :p Like Stone flying off to the mormon planet with this many wives. You must also include the numerous battles we had with The Demon Within. :D

The Mormon planet... oh, who could forget :LOL:

You could always have a sad, strangely predictive ending whereby the Arena's match is called off for the time being because of an invasion of (genuine) spammers :(

Edcrab said:
The Mormon planet... oh, who could forget :LOL:

You could always have a sad, strangely predictive ending whereby the Arena's match is called off for the time being because of an invasion of (genuine) spammers :(

He'll have to mention the prophesy, and..heh, the initial skimishes with spammers.

Nice, I really liked the first comic, even though I didn't see it until recently and I fondly remember the days of the Arena thread, I barely ever posted back then, but more than I do now.
Also, it has my good friend Stone in it, who by the way, if anyone is interested is now a dad.

Stone's a dad? well wish him congratulations from all of us :D that's great news :) He doesn't post much here anymore does he? hmmm... we could send him a joint email or something though :LOL:

Would you mind labelling all the guys on that pic, I have hardly any clue who many of them are.
And I kind've wish I was that demon with the sword at the back, but sadly, I know it's not :(. And is it just me, or is Edcrab getting bigger and bigger?

Neat, another Hl2.net comic. Very nice, Sulkdods! :D

Another request to feature in the comic please, (even though I never really took participation in the arena :p).

fv.jpg

:|

Arena Page 5!

What will become of El Chi? :eek:

Recoil's pic was pretty damn close to the truth, actually. :D

Would you mind labelling all the guys on that pic, I have hardly any clue who many of them are.

Most of them weren't really anybody.

I hope you guys aren't expecting me to shoehorn every single thing that happened in the Arena into the comic...this is...let's call it a 're-imagining'. :naughty:

lol.. i love the monty python reference, fits quite well with the "internet forum" theme :p

Another excellent comic being created here. Very nice Sulkdodds. :thumbs:

Its too bad I never joined in the arena until near the end.

To be brutal to Frank (uh, sorry, brutally frank) I can barely remember the events of the actual Arena. I'm sure your ideas are better than the filler that made up quite a lot of it though ;)

Yay for Python battlecries and yay for further Lennie ownage (better enjoy it while it lasts... something'll happen!) but double yay for Fat Tony's trash talking and special attack. I LOL'ed in a very literal sense. I haven't used "lol" for ages, that's how funny I thought it was! I've sacrificed the last lingering shreds of my online respectability for it!

Bravo once again - I don't think I've ever liked seeing seven shades of sh*t beaten out of me quite so much :)

Oh and of course, a special bravo for the Python reference. "I fart in your general direction!"

You should do a comic on the Princess Zen topic as well :).

Great comic, heres hoping Sponge Bob is down for the count.

Razor said:
You should do a comic on the Princess Zen topic as well :).

Great comic, heres hoping Sponge Bob is down for the count.
Princess Jen. Not Zen... :LOL:

Tr0n said:
Princess Jen. Not Zen... :LOL:
But he's got an idea there...it was the fastest growing thread in the world ever of all time, after all.

..."it's outta control!"

ok... funny.. but where was the Monty Python quote?
And I loved the Fat tony thing :LOL:

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
But he's got an idea there...it was the fastest growing thread in the world ever of all time, after all.

..."it's outta control!"

But the thread is deleted. There's no way we can see it ever again.

I'm still laughing at the memories. ;(

Back