HL2.net Comic: The Arena

Are there no scanners in Scotland? Apparently not...

Done a few of pages while up here (involving Recoil's fight with Farrow and giant robots) so hopefully I can stick 'em on the web once I get back to civilisation. :sleep:

Please hurry up, I have been waiting for a month now. :|

Woo, Recoil mutilation and stompy robots, all in one episode!

Um, of course I'm hoping it's merely a fair and enjoyable contest, no favouritism here. Ahem. I'll go back to waiting. And heckling.

AIM FOR HIS FACE!!

Can't you take a picture of the pages with the digital camera that you probally forgot, then upload the pics via the USB cable those ancient PCs probally don't have?

do it via serial cable!!! :E they should have serial ports on an expansion isa card :p

If you took a pitcure of it, it won't have the same quality as a scanned one...

Arena Page 8!

Arena Page 9!

Thanks for waiting. :cheers:

Crappy image due to crappy scanner at crappy internet cafe, but meh. The guy didn't even know how to use his scanner software ffs! I'll scan them in properly first chance I get. Hopefully an update tomorrow although that depends on whether I can get to the netcaf.

I didn't forget my digital camera but A. we didn't bring the lead to transfer files and B. it would look shit (although the quality wasnt that good anyway was it? Hmm) Luckily there are scanners in Edinbourgh, so there ya go. :p

hahaha, thoes are great :D

love badger's expression in the last one :p

Oh man, I never knew Farrow could look so badass, especially when they bring out the lightsabres :LOL:

Danimal employing a spellcheck... heheh. Mere idea almost makes up for missing the tri-barrelled word cannon being used in action :p

I hope we actually get to see the giant robot. I'm a sucker for random stompy warmachines. Actually, I'm a sucker for any kind of intense violence, but everyone needs a hobby.

Mine just tends to involve other people... briefly.

Woohoo, I actually managed to sound sinister there... wait, ruined it.

lol, the only thing Daminal would ever use a spellcheck for is for random acts of destruction.

Awesome! Well worth the wait. Keep 'em comin'!

Where the hell did that that suit come from? :LOL:

It was worth the wait. It looks like you spent more time on these ones. The art is really well done. :)

I love them, btw, was the me on page 7 riding the vacuum cleaner? :O

I love the quality of drawing in these, I guess the lack of internet in Scotland has fuelled your ambition for drawing :) Shading is great too, hope you didn't steal my thin inking pens :p

Behold! My new avatar! Took me an hour to make...

It features my stick people! I would like to be in the comic!

vegeta897 said:
Behold! My new avatar! Took me an hour to make...

Hahaha, that's awesome, I love it when it's so nicely looped together.

WOOHOO! Come get some! :D That's great Skulk, you even pasted in the smilie! :D :D :D

Arena Page 10!

Behold, the giant robot!

And better scanned versions of Page 8 and Page 9 as well.

Don't worry, I have a special place for you... :naughty:

I love them, btw, was the me on page 7 riding the vacuum cleaner?

Indeed it was...well, who else would it be? :p

Glad you liked it, Recoil. :cheese:

As for the drawing being better, I think it's because A. I spent more time on them and B. I've been improving in the long space since the last episode... :) You know what the funny thing was The whole time I was in Scotland it never once rained. :eek:

I love that giant robot, it has more detail than a squirrel on crack. :D

Hoo-boy. I'm in for a world of hurt :eek: :x

Why did I have to choose a mere ten-ton Security Enforcement Drone to be my avatar instead of a sixty-foot tall "Behemoth" Wardroid? Damn you hindsight! Damn you all!

But damn, that's detailed. I'm a sucker for big stompy detailed mech suits, it's just such a pity I'm going to get my arse kicked. Or stomped on. Whatever.

And am I right in thinking my spongy nemesis stole parts off Zero Wing to build that?

I'm absolutely adoring the deranged Sponge Bob.

Cheers Sulk! My mech suit pwnz.
As does this on-going cartoon of wonderfulness.
CREMATOR666 said:
El Chi looked like a squirrel on crack :|
In the last frame, I think I look like Krang from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh yes.
krangss.jpg

Page 8 and 9 isn't up anymore, I WANNA SEE 'EM!!!!

It is, there's updated versions in Skulk's last post (the one containing page 10)

el Chi said:
Cheers Sulk! My mech suit pwnz.
As does this on-going cartoon of wonderfulness.
In the last frame, I think I look like Krang from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh yes.
krangss.jpg

How right you are.....:|

It looks great, but I also have problems in recognizing some things :D

I think they basically... beat each other up... :p and in the end one rips another.

God DAMN!

Have you got any idea how long it takes a droid of this size to reduplicate? To say nothing of the amount of autotech required to keep the nanotechnological reparation processes going… GAAAHHH!

Yes, I’m hiding the pain with technobabble :(

I noticed Lennie got magically thinner for the sake of the duel- and man, did it look good!

But I’ll be back… with a higher-specification droid, you mark my words!

Edcrab said:
God DAMN!

Have you got any idea how long it takes a droid of this size to reduplicate? To say nothing of the amount of autotech required to keep the nanotechnological reparation processes going… GAAAHHH!

Yes, I’m hiding the pain with technobabble :(

I noticed Lennie got magically thinner for the sake of the duel- and man, did it look good!

But I’ll be back… with a higher-specification droid, you mark my words!

Pffft...what a sore loser.

Back