hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
planethalflife seems to have copied it straight off of shacknews

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Has it occurred to anyone that City 17 could be making this up? Honestly--why would Valve's PR director make an announcement of such magnitude to a little known fan site? City 17 has nothing to lose

Because Valve is wacky that way. Since E3, they've been releasing everything in these wierdly timed backchannel ways. Like Gabe's announcement about the different SKUs for the product came through an email to somebody on this board, I believe.

They seem to eschew telling the mainstream anything -- well except they told the mags that it would be delayed. Just a small bit of info. :eek:

I think that this won't fully set in till tomorrow... God, and I won't get vacation time again for ages from work. Thanks Valve, I save PTO for 5 MONTHS for this!!

Originally posted by dp1
Spid it's on shacknews also and planethalflife now ya maybe they are spreading something but I highly doubt it I mean all the time to build a site to just to tear it down? they just mighta been quickest to post.

Someone could have spoofed the e-mail. It is very VERY easy to do.

Originally posted by Sh0t
I never saw any blackhawks in the Corps.

Where you in the same Corps I was?

0311. 97-2001, Golf 2/2 and Charlie 1/1
FLoated with 22nd MEU east coast and 15th out west

Marine436, See above matey

And we all knew hl2 wasn't coming on the 30th
I hope nobody is surprised

Originally posted by Sh0t
Marine436, See above matey

And we all knew hl2 wasn't coming on the 30th
I hope nobody is surprised

It has to come out on 30th =(

All of this hype VALVe is trying to create is going to BACKFIRE on them. Just you wait.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
Someone could have spoofed the e-mail. It is very VERY easy to do.

Very easy.. just search for anonymous mailers on google. but ofcourse.. i'm trying very hard to stay in denial

huh ? see what

all i see is spitcodfry not posting here anymore

i think i pwned him...

o ya...im cool...

wait...we need him for the operation ! SPITCODFRY

See my posting before about units.

Just check to see if you are another devildog

Originally posted by garg
Very easy.. just search for anonymous mailers on google. but ofcourse.. i'm trying very hard to stay in denial

Just have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Read through this, and find my posts. I just make some jokes here and there, and it all feels better.

BTW, if you guys want a good laugh, I suggest looking at this thread.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9113 Especially the last attachment.

I'm not going to beleive anything until an OFFICAL announcment is released, not a crummy email from some guy in valve that could of been easily edited.

I am pissed they didnt inform us earlier :(
I mean they had to know before today the game wouldnt ship next week, this is B.S.
**** them, they kept too quiet, and now I lost alot of respect for them

Originally posted by Marine436
huh ? see what

all i see is spitcodfry not posting here anymore

i think i pwned him...

o ya...im cool...

wait...we need him for the operation ! SPITCODFRY

No I'm here...just not enough hands free to respond...I'm clutching a gun in one hand a box of tissues in the other

Originally posted by garg

Hell, on my website; clan-rra.com if you fill in the application form, and use whoevers e-mail/name you want, it looks TOTALLY legit.

well....feel free to kill your self AFTER you call gabe, and AFTER youmake a map of the office....

SCREW IT IM CALLING GABE RIGHT NOW

From another, closed thread:
Originally posted by Spamz0r
what time is it there in the US ?

(I live in australia so it'd be handy if I could know whent to expect (if at all) an offical press release)

It is currently 10:06pm on the West Coast. Not quite bedtime, but far from normal business hours. For any sort of official confirmation/denial/ignoring, we'll have to wait another 8 hours at the bare minimum (6:00am PST), but probably more like 11 hours.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

Dear Gabe.
http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/gay_trying.jpg

Just kidding, but damn.
I'm disappointed and very bored for a long while; nothing new coming out interests me.

I have Halo and I'm bored of it on Xbox.
I have KOTOR on Xbox, love it, but not in the mood.
Max Payne 2 may prove to be interesting..

I'm just pissed about the timing of this supposed "official" delay announcement.

well, I'm not surprised about the delay, but just the unprofessional manner in which it was handled. Talk about ridiculous.

Call me a fool (FOOL !!!) , but I don't believe it. Halflife will come out on the 30th and I base this theory on absolutly nothing. Thank you.

well....feel free to kill your self AFTER you call gabe, and AFTER youmake a map of the office....

SCREW IT IM CALLING GABE RIGHT NOW

You go man...power to the community!

Originally posted by Ares
Dear Gabe.
http://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/gay_trying.jpg

Just kidding, but damn.
I'm disappointed and very bored for a long while; nothing new coming out interests me.

I have Halo and I'm bored of it on Xbox.
I have KOTOR on Xbox, love it, but not in the mood.
Max Payne 2 may prove to be interesting..

I'm just pissed about the timing of this supposed "official" delay announcement.

LMFAO...someone should send that to Gabe...seriously

I still like the idea of someone calling and saying "That was cold Gabe... THat was cold." Just keep it short and simple and serious. And if I could hear a recording of it all it would make my day.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
No I'm here...just not enough hands free to respond...I'm clutching a gun in one hand a box of tissues in the other

lmao! what sorta gun :p
poor spit :(

Are you leaving him a voicemail?

watch the e-mail end up[ being a fake LOL

got the Answering machine....

id so post his Number if i wasent...nice..

"you have reached gabe and Lisa Please leave us a Message"

OMG I GOT THE NUMBER CALLING NOW

If you must call, don't be a spaz about it. Politely ask if the game is delayed or if the 9/30 release is still on. And clarify steam/shelf release. Just ask about the US release....it's useless to confuse things even further with the international stuff.

wow.. would have been nice if you could have talked to him. I bet they are all hiding somewhere in the basement

Originally posted by dis
Are you leaving him a voicemail?

haha i can hear it now "YOU STUPID BASTARD MOTHER****** etc, etc"
and gabe is like :| "his pissed"

(i hope you are talking about gabe getting the voicemail, still its funny)

gabe is probably hidin in his house and the phone is ringing off the hook as his legions of angry fans bear down, close in, and generally harrass the tub of crisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back