HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Shuzer
Can someone warn this person? He keeps spouting off whatever pops into his mind, and it's mind deafeningly stupid comments

/edit double post

Originally posted by Bleeder
QUOTE:
"For those of you who are downloading and/or distributing this code, I hope you enjoy prison food. "

amen to that....you're all gonna burn

This is a sad, sad day in the history of PC gaming...

Can someone warn this person? He keeps spouting off whatever pops into his mind, and it's mind deafeningly stupid comments

lmao

well, deviance will release only retail release
the betas and alphas are for JAGiSO

AAAAAARG!, WHY WON'T YOU ALL JUST LET I GO? look at it this way, just by being here and discussing things about the source you are hurting valve. if valve could block each and everyone of you from having the game, they probably would. You are not doing them any favours.

/me claps.

You put that a lot better than i would have. My version would include some curse words :cheese:

Originally posted by BWMASTER
you just said -2002 and now you changed it....stop fuxing with us...

Not messin, the 2002 is from the hair generating file, the 2004 is from the jeep file.

Is this like the source to the engine or just like a source for teh mod makers?

ok someone please tell me what the hell is going on the forums are overflowing and im getting user errors! Source code released!?!? what the hell al i have is this source code resource page that tells me its 160 megs unpacked and theres like 7000 files on usenet?!?!

bleeder.... welcome to the internet. its out. its not possible to block it anymore. your accomplishing nothing. so contribute and discuss or sit back and watch HL2 crumble (may be dramatic but lets hope it doesnt come to that)

AAAAAARG!, WHY WON'T YOU ALL JUST LET I GO? look at it this way, just by being here and discussing things about the source you are hurting valve. if valve could block each and everyone of you from having the game, they probably would. You are not doing them any favours.

uhh? did you think about that? Everyone here is pissed that it was leaked, and we are just looking at what has happend and assesing the situation. I seriously doubt valve wants everyone who dld the game to be blocked from buying it, quite the opposite I'm sure.

Originally posted by kolor12
latest, they have released, was UFO.AFTERMATH

It might be fake or it isn't listed yet. As i hear, it was pred like 2 minutes ago!!!

ye com'on cancel half life2

crash all the pc with source and games
destroy all the hard drives with files
and burn all the CDs with it

o....m.....g if this is the frickin real source of the source code then valve is fuked up the wazoo!!! omg im gonna cry...looks like someone was upset with the delay..

Originally posted by Homer
uhh? did you think about that? Everyone here is pissed that it was leaked, and we are just looking at what has happend and assesing the situation. I seriously doubt valve wants everyone who dld the game to be blocked from buying it, quite the opposite I'm sure.

I'll be honest, i'm glad it leaked. Now i can make UBER mods for the game that take full advantage of its engine :)

"that pic is old as the moon. but the list of buying things is real and its taken just today"

LOL riiight. If you had looked in the directory you'd notice 2 screenshots with 2 different "buy" menus. Crappy photoshop job. That's an old screeenshot from gamespot, hence the sides being cut off. FAKE! Anyone who believes this is real... needs to get a clue.

Originally posted by Wilson502
if the code leaked isnt final code, then its useless

good thing you don't have any clue at all...

BTW, how could it be final since HL2 has not yet been released?

Originally posted by vacs
good thing you don't have any clue at all...

BTW, how could it be final since HL2 has not yet been released?

The man has a great point here.

OMFG this is fuxen sad.

Damn it it leaked the textures too!!!:(:(

Attachments

• bricks.jpg
    bricks.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 386
Originally posted by chewysplace
I'll be honest, i'm glad it leaked. Now i can make UBER mods for the game that take full advantage of its engine :)

Stupidity... overwhelming.
All the things you can do for mods you'll be able to do with the SDK when it's released. Unless you think cheats are mods.

QUOTE:
"bleeder.... welcome to the internet. its out. its not possible to block it anymore. your accomplishing nothing. so contribute and discuss or sit back and watch HL2 crumble (may be dramatic but lets hope it doesnt come to that)"

i just want to make sure everyone is taking responsability for their own actions, and that if half-life 2 crashes and burns, each and every idiot here knows that they had a hand in it just by being here talking about it. It really bothers me that there are alot of people here who claim to be fans on one hand, yet on the other hand are spouting things off about the game and the source code, not even considering the fact that they're no better than the people who would exploit it for hacks. Bottom line: this is VALVE's brainchild and just by looking at the source they are ruining this scene.

Originally posted by Ahnteis
Stupidity... overwhelming.
All the things you can do for mods you'll be able to do with the SDK when it's released. Unless you think cheats are mods.

you as dumb as sh!t aren't you. :)
i'll let you think on it a bit and get back to me later.

Does this source have the engine in it or is it just for mod makers? IOW is this like the source for the whole game and all so that people can see how the engine works? and change the engine (like you can only do in Quake 3 if you pay like $150,000?

Throatwobbler

QUOTE:
"bleeder.... welcome to the internet. its out. its not possible to block it anymore. your accomplishing nothing. so contribute and discuss or sit back and watch HL2 crumble (may be dramatic but lets hope it doesnt come to that)"

i just want to make sure everyone is taking responsability for their own actions, and that if half-life 2 crashes and burns, each and every idiot here knows that they had a hand in it just by being here talking about it. It really bothers me that there are alot of people here who claim to be fans on one hand, yet on the other hand are spouting things off about the game and the source code, not even considering the fact that they're no better than the people who would exploit it for hacks. Bottom line: this is VALVE's brainchild and just by looking at the source they are ruining this scene.

Thanks! :)
Your Welcome! :)

Originally posted by Throatwobbler
Does this source have the engine in it or is it just for mod makers? IOW is this like the source for the whole game and all so that people can see how the engine works? and change the engine (like you can only do in Quake 3 if you pay like $150,000?

Throatwobbler

It's the whole engine, i'm talkin everything.

The worst that comes of it is that they may need to slightly recode certain aspects of Steam (mainly authentication and purchasing if that is in the source), there will be hacks sooner than there would have been (which will most likely be able to be blocked, but possibly at the cost of some freedom), and other developers could copy some code from HL2 if it applies to their game (but they risk a major lawsuit).

It won't come close to destroying HL2 as some people seem to think.

It's not a good thing... but it isn't the end of the world.

This appears to be the real source imo... Im a senior computer science major in a school that teaches C++. For this to be faked would mean someone coded HL1, CS, TF2, HL2, Source, WorldCraft, etc by themselves... which is impossible :/

\src_main\utils\viewbump

just some textures and terrain maps, also I don't think something like this will prevent people from buying valve's game, even if you know all the weapons and textures...its your experience afterall that you'r spoilin g...

I wish I could delete this off my computer but my brain doesnt let me do it(stupid brain :( )

Originally posted by Slash
This appears to be the real source imo... Im a senior computer science major in a school that teaches C++. For this to be faked would mean someone coded HL1, CS, TF2, HL2, Source, WorldCraft, etc by themselves... which is impossible :/

so could you compile a part for us... i trying right know but i dont have any experience with c++

Originally posted by chewysplace
you as dumb as sh!t aren't you. :)
i'll let you think on it a bit and get back to me later.

probably am, but you're even dumber so what does that make you?

Do you really think any mod would be allowed to become popular that used illegally downloaded material?

Remember also genius, things have to be validated through steam. If you hack integral parts of the engine to make youre l33t mod, you suddenly can't play the game online unless you use cheating methods. I guess technically you could do some SP "mods" using this (I was considering MP mods only since that's all most people on these forums mention) . However, you once again run into anything popular being shut down for using this leaked code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back