HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
valve will get my money for half life 2 if it ever comes out.

I agree with Edge.. Valve screwed us all over by delaying the game... even after all the speculation that we all thought that it was going to be delayed... they still stuck by there Sept 30 release... and then what? 5 days later they screw us all over and say.. "yeh.. its delayed"... i reckon it was all there actual marketing plan... the delay gets lots of hype... and that can only be good for a game like half life 2... everyone is still going to purchase it... I think the release of the source was pay back for screwing us all over... learn not to screw with the public valve... most of em are preety damn smart... (excludin me =) hehe)

They screwed you over by holding back something that isn't finished? Even IF it is steam? The late notice on the delay sucked sure, but it was a last minute decision that steam couldn't handle it.

This all begs the question,

Where does one submit patches?
Getting this to start compiling on Linux requires quite a lot of changes here and there, and quite a bit of MS specific code to be changed.

so? whos gonna use steam anyway?... like... 5 people... They must have a warehouse somewhere with like a shitload of HL2 games in it... because it would take ages to even THINK about having the game released on sept 30... so they should have told us ages ago... and IF the warehouse does exist :D... why cant they just ship it now... the ppl who were gonna get it from steam obviously wont now... because they were only doing it for "first in, best dressed" im preety sure....

but again.. Im not smart... my opinion probably dosnt even make sense :)

You people act as if Valve owes you something for HL2.. they don't owe us anything. As a community, we're lucky they're working as close as they are with us. The Half-Life community is the most immature, whiney-ass, annoying community for any game and if I were Valve.. I'd send you all a big '**** you' too.

You haven't paid for HL2 yet.. and if you did pre-order you can't bitch because the possibility of a delay is VERY real. Don't complain because you were living in a fantasy world. We all wanted HL2 on the 30th but if you people know anything about game development or the industry in general, you would know that nothing is 100%.

Valve doesn't deserve this.. and I'll be damned if some of you deserve anything from Valve.

Edge, chopper: Valve is a company that makes software. I'm willing to bet that nowhere in their job description does it say that they have an obligation to meet certain dates or inform the plethora of communities of any change in said dates. They just make software.

Originally posted by thebadchopper
so? whos gonna use steam anyway?... like... 5 people... They must have a warehouse somewhere with like a shitload of HL2 games in it... because it would take ages to even THINK about having the game released on sept 30... so they should have told us ages ago... and IF the warehouse does exist :D... why cant they just ship it now... the ppl who were gonna get it from steam obviously wont now... because they were only doing it for "first in, best dressed" im preety sure....

but again.. Im not smart... my opinion probably dosnt even make sense :)

I'd use Steam. I must be the only person in the world that has no problems at all with Steam. I certainly am not the smartest guy in the world.. I'm most definently not the most stupid, either.

Your opinion makes sense - Steam was a big change for some people and those some people don't like change.

I bet the person who hacked this is just angry that he has a micro-penis
and so he has to ruin somones life so he can feel better about himself.

but wouldnt it be great if it did? haha... na seriously...

u guys are all damn smart as... if like i dunno.. 30 of you all bounded together u could probably make ur own game equivilant to half life 2 i bet...

anyway.... dun listen to me... u guys are all at uni studying computer science.. and im in high school haha...

hahah ares mate... as we speak.. i just opened up steam... and it dosnt even have words on it...

every button is "#SteamRoo.Label6" at the moment... it still works... just i think that its preety funny :) .... na i dun hate anyone... especially valve... but if everyone just was open to each other about the game... saying...

"shit guys... weve been screwed over quite a bit.... we really tried to make sept 30... but it dont look like well make it.. so its gonna come out on XX/XX/XX instead..."

see thats the way it should be :)

hahah ares mate... as we speak.. i just opened up steam... and it dosnt even have words on it...

every button is "#SteamRoo.Label6" at the moment... it still works... just i think that its preety funny :) .... na i dun hate anyone... especially valve... but if everyone just was open to each other about the game... saying...

"shit guys... weve been screwed over quite a bit.... we really tried to make sept 30... but it dont look like well make it.. so its gonna come out on XX/XX/XX instead..."

That sucks man, I feel for you. I wish you had my luck with Steam because it's almost flawless. Do you have a custom skin loaded?

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think waiting till '-1 week' of release to notify everyone, officially, of the delay was NOT cool.

nope... its the original one... also.. about 2 days ago counter strike wasnt working.. so i had to download it again using up like half of my DL limit... so i was like "well.. shit".. I cant even access most of the options tabs because the name there under is too long to fit in the actual steam window... so yeh... but i can live lol... just go back to desert combat and flying the choppers :)

Yeah, I've been playing Desert Combat non-stop lately. After I got used to the choppers they're a breeze to fly. It's a load of fun!

yeh... its actually preety realistic the way they have the joystick calibrated for the game...

im in australia right... and we have this thing called work experiance... and i was fortunate enuf to get military helicopter training for 2 weeks.. hehehe and i got like $20 000 spent on me... best damn 2 weeks of ma life... (the guy who was trainin me sed i was a natural ;) ) hehe

Boo Hoo

Boo Hoo!!! Source Code Wah Wah!!!!!!! Want diaper Gabey. Gabe Newell is Queer Bait.

Re: Boo Hoo

Originally posted by OctopusPuke
Boo Hoo!!! Source Code Wah Wah!!!!!!! Want diaper Gabey. Gabe Newell is Queer Bait.

You have no clue what this means do you? Not only a delay, but valve could get sued, loss a shitload of money, and 160 megs of code they wrote over the past 6 years is opne game now. Other companys will start to barrow valves trick.

I'm pissed. I don't care how badly anyone thinks Valve screwed them over. They've spent time, money, and put in their blood and sweat into this project. How dare someone disrespect that?

Originally posted by PhatBoyz
I bet the person who hacked this is just angry that he has a micro-penis
and so he has to ruin somones life so he can feel better about himself.

my epenis is bigger than his epenis

Re: Re: Boo Hoo

Originally posted by Ender01
You have no clue what this means do you? Not only a delay, but valve could get sued, loss a shitload of money, and 160 megs of code they wrote over the past 6 years is opne game now. Other companys will start to barrow valves trick.

I'm pissed. I don't care how badly anyone thinks Valve screwed them over. They've spent time, money, and put in their blood and sweat into this project. How dare someone disrespect that?

Why would they get sued? It's their engine, not someone else's.

Re: Re: Re: Boo Hoo

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Why would they get sued? It's their engine, not someone else's.

The havok code also got leaked along with the sourve code. Thats a big no no.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boo Hoo

Forgot about Havok. Oh well...it's not like some warezer out there can make a workable product just from the code.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boo Hoo

plus our friends making the new vampire game payed for all this stuff.

I'm not so much worried about hacks and script kiddies.

The biggest problem is the MASSIVE amount of spoilers that will soon start comming out of the woodwork. We'll know the whole story of the game a few months before well get it, forcing Valve to start from scratch to make the game interesting again. :(

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm not so much worried about hacks and script kiddies.

The biggest problem is the MASSIVE amount of spoilers that will soon start comming out of the woodwork. We'll know the whole story of the game a few months before well get it, forcing Valve to start from scratch to make the game interesting again. :(

I seriously doubt Gabe and Co would re-start the game because of this. "Whelp people, let's do five more years!"

160mb reasonably half of this is code.

80mb of text = 80 million characters at about 40 characters per line thats 2million lines of code.

Thats a LOT of code.

yo spit, wat are ur comments on the fact that u went to valve 2 days b4 the source code was stolen?

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
yo spit, wat are ur comments on the fact that u went to valve 2 days b4 the source code was stolen?

hahaha, yah right....

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I seriously doubt Gabe and Co would re-start the game because of this. "Whelp people, let's do five more years!"

No it would take only 6-12 months. They have the engine done already and it's just a matter of changing the story and modifying the maps.

hahaha... yeh... that wouldnt be such a bad idea.... that city 17 thing was preety depressin when i heard about it... i liked the idea of a abandoned base personally lol :p ... now that was freak!... just keep that chick tho.. she was preety damn hot for a computer image :D

thebadchopper wrote:

'I agree with Edge.. Valve screwed us all over by delaying the game... even after all the speculation that we all thought that it was going to be delayed... they still stuck by there Sept 30 release... and then what? 5 days later they screw us all over and say.. "yeh.. its delayed"... i reckon it was all there actual marketing plan... the delay gets lots of hype... and that can only be good for a game like half life 2... everyone is still going to purchase it... I think the release of the source was pay back for screwing us all over... learn not to screw with the public valve... most of em are preety damn smart... (excludin me =) hehe)'

Idiot?? I think so.

alyx is not hot. i repeat, alyx is not hot. keep the story. people whove dled the source code of source engine (lol) know that there spoiling shit

its their loss

Matter of a fact i think valve had it coming they promised us benchmarks would be handed out to the fans and valve failed to do so some hacker got into one of the systems at valve and took the sorce engine

You gotta love all the trolls that have shown up with this news. Grow up people, and gain some intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back