How Half-Life is really played

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there can be a "proper way" of playing a game. Its a game, and as long as you play by the rules then anything goes as long as you have fun.

Want to have a match then Stig? I love HLDM.
*Sorry Pendragon didn't realise the other thread was closed.

The Mullinator said:
I don't think there can be a "proper way" of playing a game. Its a game, and as long as you play by the rules then anything goes as long as you have fun.

didn't use the term 'proper way"

The whole point is that I doubt anyone realises what HL can be like, which seems stupid since they're all looking forward to HL2.

So heres their oppurtunity to learn what the game is really like

[KIA]Stig said:
didn't use the term 'proper way"

The whole point is that I doubt anyone realises what HL can be like, which seems stupid since they're all looking forward to HL2.

So heres their oppurtunity to learn what the game is really like

I think it's a bit late to educate people on your version of how HL should be...

outpost233 said:
Want to have a match then Stig? I love HLDM.
*Sorry Pendragon didn't realise the other thread was closed.

Yup, gladly.

you're probably US based, I;m UK based but np, should manage ok with 200 ping.

Post a WON or Steam IP for Half-Life Death Match and I'll join

Six Three said:
I think it's a bit late to educate people on your version of how HL should be...

"MY vision"

eh?

No, this is how the best Half-Life players in the world play the game

Stig, what makes you think that we're all new to MP?

Never said you were.

I was infact asking, in my first thread.

[KIA]Stig said:
"MY vision"

eh?

No, this is how the best Half-Life players in the world play the game

Then why the feck are you posting here? I don't give a rats ass about how the best players in the world play, they can keep there bunny hopping and exploits (read: cheats).

I dont like you stig, your cocky. What makes you think your way is better, the point of a game is to have fun. and Im just wondering why you think that if we dont play halflife 1 with bunny hops and guass jumps that we wont be able to play HL2, when they wont even be in it.

[KIA]Stig said:
Never said you were.

I was infact asking, in my first thread.
In your first thread though it sounded like you were implying about doing it in sp.

Six Three said:
Then why the feck are you posting here? I don't give a rats ass about how the best players in the world play, they can keep there bunny hopping and exploits (read: cheats).

Bunny hopping is really the only exploit used these days.
Anyway, people aren't planning on playing HL2 MP religiously, AFAIK. In fact, most of the diehards are looking forward to single player, last I checked.

Personally, I'm looking forward to SP, and CS: Source. If HL2 has DM, than yay. But, I won't play it all day and all night and exploit the night away.. that's not fun in my book, never has been

dude, you are really starting to piss me off. bunny hopping and guass hopping are NOT THE WAY HLDM IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

I seriously hope that the gauss jumping is taken out of HL2DM, because frankly, it's just dumb. please, please don't come here and tell us we all suck because we don't exploit the game engine using far outbalanced crap like that.

HLDM is meant to be played running around, using multiple weapons, and jumping only to get to higher ledges and such (gauss recoil should only be used to stop yourself from dying from a fall) this is how valve INTENDED the game to be played, as you can see, the way valve INTENDED is the right way, not the crap you are doing. you are NOT skilled at HLDM if you do this, you are a disgrace to the game itself and are nothing more than an exploiter.

Shuzer said:
Bunny hopping is really the only exploit used these days.
Anyway, people aren't planning on playing HL2 MP religiously, AFAIK. In fact, most of the diehards are looking forward to single player, last I checked.
Well I am looking forword to mp just single player more. At least until I beat that.

Just go back to hlccl.com or wherever the hell you came from..

theotherguy said:
dude, you are really starting to piss me off. bunny hopping and guass hopping are NOT THE WAY HLDM IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

I seriously hope that the gauss jumping is taken out of HL2DM, because frankly, it's just dumb. please, please don't come here and tell us we all suck because we don't exploit the game engine using far outbalanced crap like that.

HLDM is meant to be played running around, using multiple weapons, and jumping only to get to higher ledges and such (gauss recoil should only be used to stop yourself from dying from a fall) this is how valve INTENDED the game to be played, as you can see, the way valve INTENDED is the right way, not the crap you are doing. you are NOT skilled at HLDM if you do this, you are a disgrace to the game itself and are nothing more than an exploiter.

Wrong

Valve would have changed it many years ago if it was an "exploit"

The fact is, because of it, HLDM is the fastest paced FPS you can play. It makes UT and Quake look slow.

If you don't think it's skilled, you try 180 gauss jumping and crossbowing someone in the face as you travel past them faster than an RPG.

Get a clue mate, shows you know nothing about HL

Anyone actually want a game of Half-Life Deathmatch

Or you all just going to sit here and claim you know more about a game than someone whos played it for 6 years?

[KIA]Stig said:

I bet he'd rather play fairly and not be such a complete and utter nub such as yourself.

[KIA]Stig said:
The fact is, because of it, HLDM is the fastest paced FPS you can play. It makes UT and Quake look slow.
If anything though, I would say that quake is faster. Buuuutttt, what ever thats just my opinion.

outpost233 said:
If anything though, I would say that quake is faster. Buuuutttt, what ever thats just my opinion.

thats because you've never seen HLDM played "properly" which is my whole point

Quake 3 is slow.

The Terminator said:
How about no one cares. Your pathecic. No one plays HLDM anyway.

I could get a whole league full of people to tell you otherwise

[KIA]Stig said:

Quake 3 is slow.

Go tell someone who cares. Why did you even come here? To make an ass of yourself?

Six Three said:
I bet he'd rather play fairly and not be such a complete and utter nub such as yourself.

LOL

still using the term "noob"

come play!!! see if you can even kill me, then see whos the "noob"

[KIA]Stig said:

Quake 3 is slow.
HLDM is the most played game that me and my friends play at lan parties so dont tell me that I dont know shit about it. Me and one of my other friends are pretty good we can go onto most servers and make it onto the top 2 spots pretty quickly.

Six Three said:
Go tell someone who cares. Why did you even come here? To make an ass of yourself?

Nah, to wind up "noobs" like yourself

[KIA]Stig said:
Anyone actually want a game of Half-Life Deathmatch

Or you all just going to sit here and claim you know more about a game than someone whos played it for 6 years?

The majority of people on this forum are looking forward to HL2 not because of the multiplayer but because of the single-player. Please stop talking down to everyone here.

outpost233 said:
HLDM is the most played game that me and my friends play at lan parties so dont tell me that I dont know shit about it. Me and one of my other friends are pretty good we can go onto most servers and make it onto the top 2 spots pretty quickly.

Play me then, see if you can kill me, once

[KIA]Stig said:
LOL

still using the term "noob"

come play!!! see if you can even kill me, then see whos the "noob"

1. I said 'nub'
2. I don't play HLDM anymore, I play real games now.

God dammit please lock this thread its only gonig to end up to more flaming.

[KIA]Stig said:
Wrong

If you don't think it's skilled, you try 180 gauss jumping and crossbowing someone in the face as you travel past them faster than an RPG.

if that is the way valve wanted the game to be played, the only weapons in the game would be the gauss and the crossbow. using this method is a quick and easy way to pick off enimies. sure, it's fun for you, but it sucks for everyone else who wants to enjoy the deathmatch mode in the same way they enjoy the singleplayer mode; that's with varied action, multiple weapons, and using tricks and cunning to overcome other players. In fact, I think valve should have taken the gauss out of DM long before, because it is horribly unbalanced.(shoots though walls, causes player to fly) how "skilled" would you be if your precious gauss cannon were taken away?

I bet even the simplest noob would beat you. this is because you are conditioned to the gauss cannon. If there were a match where there were no gauss cannon, and no bunny hopping, you would be out of it. Players who are well rounded and have a feel and espertise with EVERY weapon truly are the masters of the game, and are enjoying it in the way as it was intended.

The best way to become good at HLDM is to use all the weapons that way your not weak with one and get killed just because you don't have the one your good with.

[KIA]Stig said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure they did take it out of SP?

And has for MP, it did start off as an exploit; it wasn't designed to work that way.

I don't have anything against it, it would be silly to take it out now anyway, and it does add to gameplay.

And, I don't play HLDM because I don't particularly like it, I prefer CS and UT04. UT04 can also be played very fast if played "properly" as you keep calling.

Bunny hopping IS an exploit. I don't care if you don't think it is, but it is.
Same as the quickswitch exploit was.. well, exploited, in CS for 4 years. They patched it out a couple of months ago.

I'm not arguing whether or not it's a valid skill to use, I don't care. I don't play HLDM, but it is classified as an exploit.

Sparta said:
What the hell was the quickswitch?

Certain guns (ie. the biggest, deagle and AWP) could be called from gun to gun using lastinv, and it'd bypass the entire readying animation, allowing weapons to be switched in a quarter of a second and fired immediately

They've changed it now like all the other guys, a second or two delay between switching guns and firing them. The only difference is, there's no readying animation played when you lastinv between deagle/awp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back