I think this is it.

I cant find out whos selling it, ive called everyone. EB has the darn thing SITTING IN THE BACK ROOM. They wont sell it untill its approved that the embargo is over.

mayro said:
I cant find out whos selling it, ive called everyone. EB has the darn thing SITTING IN THE BACK ROOM. They wont sell it untill its approved that the embargo is over.

lol... even to pre-orderer's.. I would just run for it and grab a copy if mine was pre-payed for :| :E

mayro said:
Well you know what you have to do, don't you? You have to go Mission Impossible style and be lowered from the vents :)

mayro said:

just wait it out man.. sheesh :rolleyes: :x
we are only talking a matter of a few days.. not like with HL2 where we don't even have a date.. get a grip of urself :p

edit: that.. or pull a Frosty.. :rolleyes: :E

Whats even better is i work at best buy as you all know... Best buy paid to have that 12:01am sale on the 3rd "I think". I havent worked since tuesday and i have a metting this weekend... Im sure we are going to here about it.

No best buy in OHIO has it just to let you know. I had a friend at polaris check the system. They are all comeing in on sun/mon and most stores will have 200 copies on hand.

mayro said:

You should be happy. You now know you will be getting it on the 3rd.

damn the pics are gone!
i cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B_MAN said:
damn the pics are gone!
i cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boo hoo, you have to wait 3 or 4 days. 13 days I have to wait. And I have to suffer everyone on the other side of the Atlantic talking about how good it is.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just bitter.

Doom 3 screens, taken by.. .. you got me :)
http://www.7uh.com/uploader/uploads/
Scroll down to "sdd#######," and tada. Enjoy. Note, I haven't looked through that entire directory, so there could very well be some nasty/awful/rule breaking pictures. Stick to the sdd pics!

http://www.7uh.com/uploader/uploads/sddsp024.jpg
SUPER TURBO TURKEY PUNCHER 3!
http://www.7uh.com/uploader/uploads/sdd20.jpg
Looks like you can see your own shadow, which is always cool/makes me happy to see!

As far as I could tell, there we little to no spoilers in those screens too (except, maybe SuperTurbo Turkey Puncher 3.. but meh, who cares about that?)

One thing that seems to be going under the radar is Doom 3's awesome GUI controls. I've heard when you go up to a panel, or in this case the STTP, it takes your control until you walk away. Pretty cool.

I expected the graphics to be a huge evolution over Far cry. They seem similar thus far, but then this is "low" settings, with no AA and AF (too many jaggies on screen). Can't wait to see it in high.

Now, can anyone confirm how it plays, because most of you seem to be too souped up with the gorgeous graphics to ask that guy furthur.

NOOOO!!!, and heres poor little ol me in the damn UK!!! :(

simmo said:
NOOOO!!!, and heres poor little ol me in the damn UK!!! :(

You and me both.:(

As for you people across the Atlantic, you bastards.
cry.gif

I picked up my copy this morning. I havn't bothered to install it yet as I have alot of school work.

I get a new 256meg radeon 9800 pro on Tuesday, but still i can't wait. I hope play delivers early. Damnit why does the Uk have to suffer for foreign language versions when we can have the US one.

Kyo said:
I picked up my copy this morning. I havn't bothered to install it yet as I have alot of school work.

lol, whatever Kyo. Schoolwork in this time of year? Or is it coz you are an Ozzie and its the other way around?

Shakermaker said:
lol, whatever Kyo. Schoolwork in this time of year? Or is it coz you are an Ozzie and its the other way around?

Week 3 of semester 3 is starting. I don't get any vacaction exempt weekends for 7 weeks. Then 2 weeks off until term 2 of semester two.

Oh what fun.

I have also heard rumors that in Holland ( Europe ) doom3 will be released also next week. though the official release date is 13th in Europe. Hell, i wont be suprised if they would even release it before the 5th or 6th. Seen that happening many times here...

Its good they sell it early, now the other stores gotta sell it too asap :p

Anyway.. Can anyone scan the cover of that manual, the demonic skull thing looks so cool in the first "bad quality photo's"

Choppy indeed.. I guess the guy recorded the demo's without enabling the feature that overides the players framerate. so it records everything @ 30 fps

The teleport rules.. haha really wicked effect

EVIL said:
Choppy indeed.. I guess the guy recorded the demo's without enabling the feature that overides the players framerate. so it records everything @ 30 fps

I didn't know there's a feature like that, a great feature.

I wonder if the ua-corp.com is just for the countdown, or will it actually open after the countdown reaches zero.

Seppo said:
I didn't know there's a feature like that, a great feature.

I wonder if the ua-corp.com is just for the countdown, or will it actually open after the countdown reaches zero.
I used to make little movies in the beta, so yeah.. Its a great feature..

I just realized that on the first page there are at least 9 threads that are one way or another related to Doom 3...I think that's some kind of a record. And I was like going to start a new one for this statement but then I noticed the "Keep the Doom threads to a minimum" announcement at the top :D

Wow, can't believe stores have this already and are selling it, sweet. Im checking right now.

How about this for a second guys:

What game will sell more? Doom3 or Half-Life2?

I am a not one-sided person, but i think Doom3 is gonna sell more then Half-Life2. Because i think the fanbase of Doom3 is bigger then from HL2.

Because:

1.New young players gonna like this game because of graphics and story, and its big reputation. ( HL reputation is big also ;) )
2.Older players who loved the old doom way back. They wanna play this game more then anything else.
3.And anything between it.

So thats why i think that doom has a bigger community and will sell more then HL2.
Both are gonna sell big time!

So what do you guys think?

Back