I think this is it.

damn this looks good.
i didnt preorder it and im going on vacation on the 4th :(
anyone think that I might be able to find it while on my trip? if not im gonna spaz out.

Kohman77 said:
damn this looks good.
i didnt preorder it and im going on vacation on the 4th :(
anyone think that I might be able to find it while on my trip? if not im gonna spaz out.

Depends on where you are going, really.

well, on the first day im stopping in a small city that DOES have an eb... but i dont knwo when eb is actually gonna sell it. But if its the 4th im thinking I might be able to buy it there, on the 5th I can get to an EB again too. and then possible next week after that.
Im just wondering if it will be sold out EVERYWHERE because that would suck :(. I'd have to dl it then, and I don't really want to but I don't wanna wait more than 2 weeks to play this hehe

-TaNaKa- said:
How about this for a second guys:

What game will sell more? Doom3 or Half-Life2?

I am a not one-sided person, but i think Doom3 is gonna sell more then Half-Life2. Because i think the fanbase of Doom3 is bigger then from HL2.

Because:

1.New young players gonna like this game because of graphics and story, and its big reputation. ( HL reputation is big also ;) )
2.Older players who loved the old doom way back. They wanna play this game more then anything else.
3.And anything between it.

So thats why i think that doom has a bigger community and will sell more then HL2.
Both are gonna sell big time!

So what do you guys think?

Industry experts disagree with you

That Banc report said:
“If you only had the money to buy one, you would buy Half-Life 2. I’m not sure if everyone that buys Half-Life 2 will buy Doom 3, but it certainly works the other way around.”

Taken from http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/july04/bancofamerica.pdf

Also pre orders for HL2 are more then D3 :p

But i want D3 so i can show off my sex system that im ordering this week :D

-TaNaKa- said:
How about this for a second guys:

What game will sell more? Doom3 or Half-Life2?

I am a not one-sided person, but i think Doom3 is gonna sell more then Half-Life2. Because i think the fanbase of Doom3 is bigger then from HL2.

Because:

1.New young players gonna like this game because of graphics and story, and its big reputation. ( HL reputation is big also ;) )
2.Older players who loved the old doom way back. They wanna play this game more then anything else.

So thats why i think that doom has a bigger community and will sell more then HL2.
Both are gonna sell big time!

So what do you guys think?
@ point 1.. false, the game is rated 18+, so they arent young.
@ point 2.. same goes for the people who played hl
@ point 3.. WTF!

-TaNaKa- said:
Wrong its for mature audiences, hl2 has a teen rating so it will get more customers that way. Plus they are bundling cs:s with hl2, so cs fans will definetly take notice. BTW cs is the number 1 online game, you dont think thats going to help????
-TaNaKa- said:
:rolleyes: Wha? same goes for those who played hl1....
-TaNaKa- said:
what the f*ck?

you dont wanna know what i think i am just a headcrab, but sence you cant stop me, i think D3 is overrated, yeah i think it will be a good game, but somthing about it reminds me of red faction2, and it was a disapointment

Dont get me wrong though, Hl2 and doom3 are going to be one of the best games. I hope i didnt disrespect HL in post.

But doom is way before HL right? Anyway, HL2 is more fun for me, i like more open area places, and not all the time dark. But doom3 is something special in another way.

That doom3 hacker movie was funny wasnt it, everbody can make it! :) Just fill in the text

Didn't sound disrespectful just you're reasoning was wrong.

Wasnt trying to flame you -TaNaKa-, but yea I agree with ^Ben.

McFace said:
Just cause its M, why can't that attract younger players?
It may attract them, but that doesnt mean its a buy. Alot of stores (atleast here) are cracking down on selling mature games to younger kids cause of the heat games have come under lately.

mchammer75040 said:
Wasnt trying to flame you -TaNaKa-, but yea I agree with ^Ben.

It may attract them, but that doesnt mean its a buy. Alot of stores (atleast here) are cracking down on selling mature games to younger kids cause of the heat games have come under lately.

escpecially with that murder in the uk a couple of days ago

EVIL said:
escpecially with that murder in the uk a couple of days ago
Yea exactly, with the whole manhunt thing I dont think many retailers will risk selling the game to minors.

i think many retailers here dont give a shit :) They just wanna sell sell sell..

Back