Is your comp ready for HL2?

9900 will be an overclocked 9800...just liek the 9800 is a overclocked 9700

And the 9800 has 2.1 smartshader instead of 2.0, and some other upgrades compared to the 9700

Ya and why do you think nvidias 5900/5800 got delayed for a year?...Not because of design flaws but do to the fact none of the current gaming companys could manufacture cards at the .013 process. Nvidia hooked up with IBM and they will be making there cards come end of summer.

Now lets see who will make ATI's .013 or even possibly .009 micron. I know all about the 420, but whoever stated it stated that it would be out around HL2s time which is a joke.

Originally posted by Shockwave
9900 will be an overclocked 9800...just liek the 9800 is a overclocked 9700

9800 is NOT an overclocked 9700. It has a different layout and everything.

''stated that it would be out around HL2s time which is a joke''

well read ... ''If the cards are released in Q1, 2004, as suggested, there will still be no support for PCI Express. ATI are reported to have solved that problem by offering the first manifestations of the R420 with a PCI Express to AGP bridge and waiting until Q2, 2004 for the first pure PCI Express R420 boards''

so the real 420 will come out in the second quarter of 2004 ... that's not the hl2 time

actually nevermind, thats a year away and everyone will be doing it...If it actually takes ATI till quarter 2 2004 then they are done, nvidia will have something better than that by the end of this year.

Your a moron..i was refering to what someone said in this thread

yeah yeah i'm a moron now...
haha goddamn you need to relax, you need some fresh air dude. shut the **** up

Don't argue wwith shockwave, it's a waste of time. he know everything

Sweet I'll go out and buy a 9800pro next month only to have them release a faster radeon in Sept.... oh well. Because the 420 is coming out soon, I've been debating on the 9800pro 128 or the 256. With the 420 coming out it kinda makes sense to get the 256 version but at $100 I dunno. I know with the 256 ver the card might hold out longer no?

Originally posted by Shockwave
Ya and why do you think nvidias 5900/5800 got delayed for a year?...Not because of design flaws but do to the fact none of the current gaming companys could manufacture cards at the .013 process. Nvidia hooked up with IBM and they will be making there cards come end of summer.

Now lets see who will make ATI's .013 or even possibly .009 micron. I know all about the 420, but whoever stated it stated that it would be out around HL2s time which is a joke.

ATi has cards out based on .013 already. i believe its TSMC

Originally posted by Xtasy0
ATi has cards out based on .013 already. i believe its TSMC

Bingo.

Just to confirm: The R9800 (R350) is NOT an overclocked R9700 (R300)!

By the way, expect the "Radeon 9900 PRO" (based on the R360 core) to be out by the end of the year.

Originally posted by Pr()ZaC
Bingo.

Just to confirm: The R9800 (R350) is NOT an overclocked R9700 (R300)!

the 9600 pro is the .013 card.

9800 is still on .015 process :)

Originally posted by Pr()ZaC
By the way, expect the "Radeon 9900 PRO" (based on the R360 core) to be out by the end of the year.

i'd expect september or october even, maybe late august if we're lucky.

Guys, the 9800 is based on the R300, so yes, it is an overclocked 9700. But it also has a couple new features and updated shaders.

The R420 will be out beginning 2004 which will support agp 8x. The version which supports PCI express will be out as soon as motherboards that support the feature hit the market.

PCI express wont be mainstream till 2005, more than likley we wont be hit with it really until end of next summer

Originally posted by Curator
Guys, the 9800 is based on the R300, so yes, it is an overclocked 9700. But it also has a couple new features and updated shaders.

It's not based on the R300 core.
Sure, it's similar, but it's not the same and it's called R350 for a reason.
Anyway, the main difference between the R300 and R350 is the longer shader instructions you can program (F Buffer).

Time to brag

Its an alienware system.. im to lazy to build one myself

Alienware Full-Tower Case(420 Watt PS) - Badass case.

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz 800 mhz FSB.

Intel Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P Motherboard.

2GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 4 x 512MB. (Might replace with 3 sticks of ddr 400 corsair.. maybe not :D)

120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 8MB Cache. (HD if your blind)

ATI RADEON™ 9800 PRO 256MB.(pwnage)

Audigy 2 Platinum - Sound card..

NEC 18" MultiSync LCD1860NX LCD - Black.(Moniter.. >.<)

Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1 Speakers

or

Creative MegaWorks THX® 6.1 650.

There.. thats about it.. no need to get pushy now..

Originally posted by Ender
Time to brag

Its an alienware system.. im to lazy to build one myself

Alienware Full-Tower Case(420 Watt PS) - Badass case.

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz 800 mhz FSB.

Intel Desktop Board D875PBZ - Intel 875P Motherboard.

2GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 4 x 512MB. (Might replace with 3 sticks of ddr 400 corsair.. maybe not :D)

120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 8MB Cache. (HD if your blind)

ATI RADEON™ 9800 PRO 256MB.(pwnage)

Audigy 2 Platinum - Sound card..

NEC 18" MultiSync LCD1860NX LCD - Black.(Moniter.. >.<)

Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1 Speakers

or

Creative MegaWorks THX® 6.1 650.

There.. thats about it.. no need to get pushy now..

why do you have an "or" for the speakers? you have both and hook them up for different purposes? or you're going to order them?

i'd stay away from the megaworks if i was you :)

Thanks for the info.. I havnt bought it yet.. im waiting till september :)

and I have an or there is I might decide to buy one or the other.. but maybe if megaworks dont work that well....

Ender -

Are you (or your parents) totally absolutely loaded?

IM NOT RICH DAMNIT!.. I just have a big.. pocketbook.. yeah thats it..

Don't post a computer that you don't have and that you just wanted to go on to Alienware and chose the most expensive items.

Athlon 1600+
1Gb 133mhz SDRAM
Geforce 4 Ti4200 128Mb
Creative 5.1 Speakers
SB Live 5.1

Nothing to stroke meat over, but it'll do the job nicely ;)

same here ender then i will get a totaly KIK ASS MACHINE mwahahahhahahah.

like i said i am moveing ouse and the profit should be huge cos i am moveing out of the city (unfortunalty)

Therefore expect me to get something like the 3.2ghz or more 2gb ram, 256 whatever gc etc. + a projector scran as well as a normal 21 inch one i hope!

Omg HL2 on a Cinema style screen!

*DROOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllls*

Originally posted by ankalar
Don't post a computer that you don't have and that you just wanted to go on to Alienware and chose the most expensive items.

Im buying that computer.. it will be mine anyway? what does it matter if I get it between now and then ehh? and I didnt choose the most expensive.. there was a 30 inch moniter(even 20) that I could buy.. but I think its just a waste..

So you're saying that 2GB of RAM and an expensive yet not so good SATA hard drive aren't a waste?

It can play it, but I'm gonna upgrade it anyway.. xp1700+, 1gig pc2700, ti4200

i have to build my computer before i leave for school in september.
I have to choose between the 9700 and the 9800 before then. The 9800 is a great card, but i'm still going to have to see something worth paying for it over the 9700

The SATA will make you think "Wow, why did I pay for this?" and the 2GB of RAM will make you think "Wow, I have more than a gigabyte of RAM left over."

how about we start refering to transistor size in nano meters instead of micron's here? I think it would be a welcome change. seeing as how 90nm is easier to type than .009 micron.

Anyways, i dont know if i've said this before or not, but the only 2 advantages 13nm has over 15nm is lower tempature and lower cost to make. The only reason the nv30 cost as much as it did to make is because they had such low yeild rates (20-30% i belive, im not sure) at 13nm. Now that they moved out of the shitty manuacturing place in Tiwan they should have more sucess.

Back