Paris
Plaza 2
Radar
Seatown
Underground
Village

U.S. locales: Uh... New York (so far)
EU locales: Paris, France; London, England; Metéora, Greece

Looks like it's also taking us to Africa to kill some generic brown people in Mogadishu, Somalia as well.

Let me add that Modern Warfare 3 was far into development at old Infinity Ward by the time Sledgehammer, the new Infinity Ward, and Raven took over.

Contrary to the rumors flying around all over le tubes, Treyarch hasn't had any role whatsoever in MW3 development.

this infinity ward is only in name only right? cuz most of the team left right?

In my opinion Singularity is a rental, but not a buy.

Copy and paste job.

They could release this every month to be honest, yearly must be an age of the earth for them.

Copy and paste, sit back and drink, wait for cash to pour in.

Copy and paste job.

They could release this every month to be honest, yearly must be an age of the earth for them.

Copy and paste, sit back and drink, wait for cash to pour in.

Sadly, it seems this is all it takes to make the biggest entertainment launch in history and smash all other sales records.

Really, at this point the only game I could see challenging CoD's sales numbers is a new GTA.

U.S. locales: Uh... New York (so far)
EU locales: Paris, France; London, England; Metéora, Greece

Looks like it's also taking us to Africa to kill some generic brown people in Mogadishu, Somalia as well.

Looks like it'll be another CoD that has us globe trotting and being in random countries/continents every 30 mins.

1305334087989.jpg

1305334277757.jpg

1305337995440.jpg

1305338364354.jpg

1305338414327.jpg

1305339509207.jpg

1305365094819.jpg

1305366495892.jpg

1305367196272.jpg

1305367308323.jpg

Oh lawd. Everyone get your wallets out and buy Modern Warfare for the third (or fourth if you count BO) time now. That's almost 200 bucks for three iterations of the same game. The only game series I'm willing to let fleece me in such a shameless way is Starcraft, thank you very much.

Weapons and what not: http://kotaku.com/5801353/

Looks more like an above-average mod than it does a studio game.

My god. Those are awful. They're clearly development shots but even so they're just plain terrible. The most lackluster level design ever. This doesn't look like a game that is coming out in late 2011, it looks like something from a couple of years ago.

Well what was the difference between MW2 and something like Bad Company 2? They're both modern shooters, which would you recommend?

There's a pretty distinct difference. Both are going for the gunplay-centric modern tactical warfare angle, but the play styles are quite different. BC2 has vehicles and MUCH bigger maps, and is generally more realistic and rewards teamwork and cooperation to a large extent. The gunplay is a bit more realistic and generally I would say the skill curve is steeper than COD. MW2 on the other hand is more of a twitchy arcade experience with all kinds of arcadey bells and whistles like killstreaks (giving you things like mortar strikes, napalm strikes, gunship support, remote controlled cars strapped with c4, guided missiles, etc as rewards for getting however many kills in a row without dying) and absurdly customizable weapons and whatnot (I mean stuff like you can have skulls as your crosshair and absurd patterns of bright colors painted on your gun).

BC2 is a lot more immersive and realistic and takes itself more seriously, COD is lighter, less realistic and more about straight up twitchy deathmatch than tactics and teamwork (obviously I just mean this generally, not saying that teamwork doesn't happen in COD).

BC2 has its flaws but IMO it's a MUCH better game than MW2. Still it depends on what you want in a shooter. In general I only like the COD series for the singleplayer now, and that's been getting shorter every time (and even so I haven't really thought they've had great campaigns since the original MW) The multiplayer is fun for a distraction but ultimately suffers from lack of depth and the general production quality is just higher in Battlefield games.

ennui since you know about web desig and stuff how do save the pictures that open up like a flash video on that kotakuarticle as jpegs?

I dunno but there's probably a program for it. I have a Firefox extension that retrieves any streaming media (video and/or audio) file that is being played by the browser, which I use to rip streaming video from places like Youtube or whatever. However that relies on detecting the location of the source video or audio file that is being streamed via a flash player or equivalent. I dunno if there are source image files or if they are stored in the flash file itself. I would probably just use FireShot to screencap the page and crop it.

I don't see anything wrong with the guns...

Me neither... look like quality renders to me - but I know absolutely nothing about guns... or graphic design.

Shit looks cool to me.

I mean they look okay to me, model/texture-wise, but christ why they gotta re-use so many guns. Another game of everyone using AK/M4 lol.

...because the AK/M4 are deployed frequently in... modern combat of all things! That and are the most iconographic symbols of weapons of actual modern warfare in terms of East vs. West. Simplistic and exaggerated? Yes. Does it make sense in a CoD game, absolutely.

Was anyone bitching about this in the BF3 threads/information? No.

Yeah but, to be fair, Battlefield 3 isn't the third iteration of a franchise-within-a-franchise within four years.

A little unfair of me to pick on those two guns though, considering how iconic they are. Still at least half of those are ripped direct from MW2 with minor visual tweaks.

When are they going to realize the Russian army doesn't use AK-47s anymore?

I think the russians in MW2 used both AKs and FALs. That's the least of their concerns as far as realism goes, though. :p

When are they going to realize Russia won't launch a full scale global invasion within the next few years?

...oh wait, it's a ridiculous plot line that makes Harry Potter read like a history textbook

When are they going to realize Russia won't launch a full scale global invasion within the next few years?

...oh wait, it's a ridiculous plot line that makes Harry Potter read like a history textbook

Well played.

The fact that it's foldable is just so relevant to the gameplay I'm sure.

It's certainly the first time I've seen it in a game, so props for that I guess?

First CoD game I won't be buying. After the absolute shitfest that Black Ops was, justifying the purchase of another CoD game is just not possible. God damn MoH is better then Black Ops could even hope to be.

I am finding kind of dumb how guns are getting a hype treatment like cars of a gran turismo game :L

"dude the m4 has some brown buttstock! awzome!"

I am finding kind of dumb how guns are getting a hype treatment like cars of a gran turismo game :L

"dude the m4 has some brown buttstock! awzome!"

Why not? A racing game is based around cars, a shooting game is based around guns. I'll take a well crafted weapon set over fancy graphics any day.

I'll take a well crafted weapon set over fancy graphics any day.

Yeah, however the only "well crafted" thing about the weapons in any CoD game is the graphics. They might look good, but they still feel like toys.

Boring ass guns. They've been in every modern shooter/action game for the past 15 years. What a trite f***in setting.

Also the gun models aren't really impressive. At all. There have been weapon skins/models for CS:Source for years that look as good or better

maybe i'm missing something here but is there actually any informative sources as to where those renders/models have come from and when/where they were released? to me they look like development shots from in the studio, and for that matter the simplistic level design, lack of lighting and the general work in progress look to all of them seems pretty standard to me. they don't look like things that got released intentionally as PR is what i'm saying, more of something found or leaked on accident.

the latest few COD games have been bad, but not as bad those shots make out, so i think anyone presuming they are final or actually 1005 serious is getting a bit ahead of themselves. i'm all for getting some jabs and blows in to the COD franchise, but i'm gonna wait for something other than some voice over teasers and obviously in development model shots and renders before i do so.

I still love how the map these models are showcased in has the skybox at maybe a hundred feet from the road intersection.

Test map just to try out gameplay features/weapons. Plus the game is still in development so obviously things like that can still be in development.

I won't be getting this game either. BF3 for me!

Test map just to try out gameplay features/weapons. Plus the game is still in development so obviously things like that can still be in development.

basically this is what i was trying to say.

It's reasonable given the development cycle... but maybe they shouldn't be using it for visual PR. Especially when they're going up against BF3.

Well it looks like they weren't meant for release were they? Not seen nothing official about the screenshots.

Back