Jeremy Clarkson Faces Potential Sacking By The BBC

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
First Russel Brand and Jonathan Ross get suspended for having a laugh/joke, NOW the BBC are investigating Jeremy Clarkson due to what he said in the first episode of the new series of Top Gear on Sunday.

BBC, go ***k yourself if you think you can sack easily the greatest icon on TV.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has prompted more than 500 people to complain to the BBC about a joke he made on Sunday's motoring show.

Clarkson, 48, was taking part in a lorry-driving task, when he joked about lorry drivers killing sex workers.

"Change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day," he said.

The BBC said the joke had made "ridiculous an unfair urban myth".

Forklift truck driver Steve Wright was jailed in February for killing five prostitutes in Ipswich.

500!? OMFGSACKHISOLDASSFORBEINGFUNNY

***K.....OFF....BBC. Its funny. Its why people watch Top Gear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7707641.stm for the video

[Ed] Woops wrong section

He won't get sacked because he's awesome. Ross is awesome too.

Brand can get ****ed.

all i know is that im really looking forward to next week's episode because they go to the states and test out some american muscle. Going to be good, looking forward to seeing the camaro in actio.

Have they said anything about him getting sacked? I don't think so!

If he does then I will complain about his sacking.

BBC wouldn't even contemplate sacking Clarkson as he hosts easily the most popular show on the BBC at the moment, loose Clarkson and they loose a shit loada viewings. Pretty the same for Ross, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross is also watched by many.

Its its the comical aspects of Top Gear that make it so awsome, the trio's witty remarks are of the highest class, people should just grow a ****ing a spine and stop taking things so seriously and realise its a sodding joke. The IMBECILES of this country...

they'll make a big deal about it and end up fining him probably.

First Russel Brand and Jonathan Ross get suspended for having a laugh/joke, NOW the BBC are investigating Jeremy Clarkson due to what he said in the first episode of the new series of Top Gear on Sunday.

BBC, go ***k yourself if you think you can sack easily the greatest icon on TV.
Wut? The greatest TV icon is Attenborough.

Ross is a god. Clarkson is close. Brand doesn't even register on the radar.

I didn't watch the show, but I put a complaint in obviously...

Seriously...things are just crazy at the moment. You can't swear without someone calling for your head.

I had Radio 1 on last nigh and Edith Bowman was at the awards, and I think Craig David was pulled aside by her, he said something which sounded like a mumble because her mic wasnt close enough to him I think, and she said 'can we get you to apologise for swearing please?'.

I mean wtf, you couldnt even hear what he said and they have to make such a big deal about it, when people swear every day.

I don't understand why people are going 'OMG POTENTIAL SACKING!!!'

Clarkson has been safe since Monday night, when the BBC decided it was a suitable joke and he was simply comicly exaggerating an old wive's tale about killing prostitutes.

He. Is. Fine.

In related news, Brand can **** himself, Anal style.
And Ross can...go..fly back to heaven...yes :|

/scared D:

HALP ME!!

Brand kicked ass in forgetting Sarah Marshall, why the hate.
Also people should post some good youtube's of ross, I want to know why all the love for him.

Shouldn't it be, "Jeremy Clarkson Potentially Faces Sacking By The BBC"?

Usual sensationalist bollocks. The BBC are only biting themselves in the arse when they keep blowing these stories out of proportion and letting them drag on until every sad bastard in the country decides that complaining about it will some how better their pathetic, monotonous lives.

brb punching out the banisters on my stairs

Jeremy Clarkson is win!

We're both from Doncaster!

\o/

I don't think I would like Clarkson as a person at all. But he's an awesomely funny host.

I was prepared to get angry when I read the thread title, but then again, Top Gear has international appeal, its is an international brand, an ambassador of the BBC to the world after BBC news.

No way they could chuck him, it'd make Top Gear shit and make many a Top Gear viewer annoyed.

He's a grumpy opinionated middle-aged car nut, and we ****ing love him for it.

Just fire Woss and leave it at that.

All things considered...

Oh wait, we forgot. It is his show!
He recreated Top Gear by in 2002.

They couldn't sack him without losing the most entertaining BBC show there is.

Clarkson annoys me quite a bit. The other two are great, though.

Brand's ok, he can just hide in his hair. They'll never find him.

People complaining about this just makes me chuckle to myself and think of Mary Whitehouse.

Its cool, the BBC wouldn't dare sack him, mostly because without him, Top Gear, one of the few good things on TV at the moment, would be shit. Don't get me wrong, James May and Richard Hammond are cool, but without Clarkson...shit. Top Gear is pretty much the only thing I watch on TV nowadays anyway (along with Have I got news for you).

If truck drivers don't want to be associated with murdering prostitutes, they shouldn't murder prostitutes.

God when did this country become so politically correct. There used to be a time when people used their common sense and didn't get offended at every little joke. I love Clarksons stupid little comments, and doesn't he hold some rights to the format of the show? I heard that's why he get's payed more than the others.

Meh. Ross deserved it. Brand and Ross are both egomaniacs but Ross is much worse. Deep down he is a dirty old man, but for Clarkson, well.... who doesn't like him.

This is a complete joke. These people who complain to the OFCOM are complete IDIOTS!!!!

Haha, did anyone here watch the latest episode? He built it up like he was about to apologize for the prostitution thing, but then apologized for something entirely unrelated. Christ I lol'd.

Can't make a joke at the moment without being sacked/fired/lynched!

FFS.

Haha, did anyone here watch the latest episode? He built it up like he was about to apologize for the prostitution thing, but then apologized for something entirely unrelated. Christ I lol'd.

Haha yeh, I was about to cry and then he came out with that. ****ing legend!

He forgot to put the porka GT2 time on the lap board. Sin!

I couldn't stop laughing when he drove off in the camper van whilst may was on the sh*tter and hammond was in bed. :LOL:

I loved the ZR1 drifting those turns and I thought it was hilarious every time they tried to not to do to do.

I wish he did get sacked. Seriously that was uncalled for. As a pimp, I have enough trouble as it is without some douchebag spreading rumors and getting my ladies too scared to service some of our most prominent customers.

I appreciate what he said. As the ghost of a dead prostitute, I want truckers brought to justice.

- Patricia

Back