Least favirote chapter?

Entanglement. Those turret defense parts were ****ing annoying.

Either that or Route Kanal. Long + repetitive + manhacks = bah.

Apocalypse89 said:
Entanglement. Those turret defense parts were ****ing annoying.

Either that or Route Kanal. Long + repetitive + manhacks = bah.

You have to make the turret scenes fun. :thumbs: Be creative.

Route Canal and Water Hazard were two of my favorites. The Manhacks really did suck, though.

pumako said:
Sandtraps was a bit tedious.
Also the last part of the game, where you get the blue gravity gun, the citadel was beautiful, but the action mostly was just advancing taking out the soldiers quite easily, which is somehow repetitive.

the whole ****ing game was repetitive , it seemed to me like they only wanted to boost the playing time rather than do something new.

I hated Ravenholm.

Too boring. Zombies are too easy to kill. I must have lost maybe 15 health in that entire episode.

0mar said:
I hated Ravenholm.

Too boring. Zombies are too easy to kill. I must have lost maybe 15 health in that entire episode.

So why did you play on easy?

yea ravenholm and highway seventeen and the first two levels were the worst .

Then you don't like a game for it's plot. I loved the first level not because it didn't have any action, but because it had a rich drop of Half Life immersion.

Ravenholm because it felt repetitive.

Really HL2 doesn't have any chapters that blow the rest of the game; otherwise I probably wouldn't have been obsessed with the game until I finished it... and played my favourite chapters another three times.

I love the two first chapters, water hazard, the coast and city 17. The entire prison thing was really boring, route canal was pretty bad and ravenholm was uhm.. scary. Atleast a little. The citadel level was not that bad, but it could have been better.

The first one, though I do like it a lot like every other chapter, all you do in it is walk around and that doesn’t compare to actually playing the game.

probably *WE DON'T GO TO RAVENHOLM...*, *HIGHWAY 17*, *NOVA PROSPEKT* and *DARK ENERGY*.....
P.S. unloved *CREDITS*;(

How can you dislike sand traps when it has that hilarious bit where the guy laments for poor Laslow?

"Route Kanal", you don't really learn much that chapter, and it gets pretty boring pretty fast doing the same old thing having no idea where you are actually trying to get to.

Not sure why everyone hates Ravenholm, that was a great chapter, the Zombies clattering up the drain-pipes? Fantastic atmosphere, very creepy. Having to use imagination for weapons is fun too (though granted, picking up the saw blades with the grav. gun doesn't really take that much imagination). Father Grigori actually seems like the only "normal" person you meet in the entire game (and I know he is a psycho Russian vicar guy, but he seems the least affected directly by the Combine itself).

Sandtraps also, was totally awesome. And to those that found it tedious, it really wasn't, there were two large sheets of metal near the beginning and you could work your way across very quickly just with those two without touching the sand. Though building bridges was more interesting and fun. Shame on the people who ran across! You should want to make the most of a game like Half-Life 2, not run through it!

My "two cents". :)

The only thing I didn't like about Sandtraps, was the part after the tunnel (which was awesome). All you did was drive around the coastal road stopping at random Combine checkpoints to do what you'd been doing an hour ago back on Highway 17. Sucked quite abit. The majority of Sandtraps is fantastic, but the filler bit was crap.

AirenCracken said:
Sandtraps also, was totally awesome. And to those that found it tedious, it really wasn't, there were two large sheets of metal near the beginning and you could work your way across very quickly just with those two without touching the sand. Though building bridges was more interesting and fun. Shame on the people who ran across! You should want to make the most of a game like Half-Life 2, not run through it!

My "two cents". :)

Building bridges? I used those metal sheets all the way to the other end...where was I supposed to build a bridge?

At that bit you could build a massive complicated bridge if you want to. Which was what I did. Far more fun. :D

Sulkdodds said:
At that bit you could build a massive complicated bridge if you want to. Which was what I did. Far more fun. :D

Yes, out of bed posts and such. What I also did was, even though it took a painful amount of time, was stack all the explsosive barrels at those rocks that jump up and right before you fight the guard... without stepping onthe sand. I had to let them roll across the ground because I couldn't reach a bridge all the way there.

So then, I ran across the sand as they were coming up, then I jumped up onto the rocks, whirled around, and BOOM! No more antlions. :D

I, contrary to most people. liked Sandtraps. Though it did get a bit tedious at parts.

I didn't like Water Hazard at all. It felt so long and annoying. There wasn't enouhg checkpoints so it was just driving around.

Also, it's not like I didn't like it, but Black Mesa East was to damn short.

ECUnlimited said:
I, contrary to most people. liked Sandtraps. Though it did get a bit tedious at parts.

I didn't like Water Hazard at all. It felt so long and annoying. There wasn't enouhg checkpoints so it was just driving around.

Black Mesa East is just a story-telling chapter, you meet Alyx, Mooseman (spelling?) and Dog for the first time. And you are trained using the g-gun to prepare you for ravenholm.

And, what what more would you've liked to see in that chapter??

ECUnlimited said:

Black Mesa East and A Red Letter Day were talking chapters, so of course they were short (Black Mesa East had some fun, and I liked the teleporter, but still). Are you telling me that you would want to listen to the characters talk for the length of a common level? :eek:

Water Hazard did feel long, but I levels in games to be long (so long as it's not a talking chapter). And I loved going through the level driving the airboat and stopping off at places occasionally. And I thought those places were fun, that trailor yard that you had to run through with a helicopter chasing you was great. I also really enjoyed dodging the rockets and bullets. I still don't understand why some people really don't like that level.

DannyC. said:
Black Mesa East and A Red Letter Day were talking chapters, so of course they were short (Black Mesa East had some fun, and I liked the teleporter, but still). Are you telling me that you would want to listen to the characters talk for the length of a common level? :eek:

Water Hazard did feel long, but I levels in games to be long (so long as it's not a talking chapter). And I loved going through the level driving the airboat and stopping off at places occasionally. And I thought those places were fun, that trailor yard that you had to run through with a helicopter chasing you was great. I also really enjoyed dodging the rockets and bullets. I still don't understand why some people really don't like that level.
Well its not that, I just would've liked it to be a bit longer.

That also brings my point that there is not enough character interaction in the game, but thats another story. >.>

I dunno why I didn't like it. It just felt really long. I kept going through the level wondering if it was ever going to end.

I did like the part where you were fighting with the helicopter though.

ECUnlimited said:
Well its not that, I just would've liked it to be a bit longer.

That also brings my point that there is not enough character interaction in the game, but thats another story. >.>

I dunno why I didn't like it. It just felt really long. I kept going through the level wondering if it was ever going to end.

I did like the part where you were fighting with the helicopter though.

Yes, more character interaction would be good. And talking isn't all that bad, me likes plot. Just keep talking scenes at a good length, and don't let them get cheesy. Some of the lines at the beginning of Dark Energy could have used some work.

Meh, the way you feel about Water Hazard is how I feel about Highway 17, which I'm willing to bet you liked. :p

Yes I liked Highway 17 actually. xP

I liked it cause there were a lot of stops on the road so it didn't feel like I was driving the whole time.

I can honestly say there wasn't a level that I didn't like.

I didnt like Route Canal, it was boring for me, the other chapters i liked alot.

I really didn't like Nova Prospekt. The antlions kept getting in my way! Then, I had lots of trouble with turrets... horrible, horrible turrets...

I am playing it on the xbox, and I have to admit that you guys were right, it does own halo in every way besides vehicles and multiplayer. my most hated chapter so far has been water hazard, It took me so long to get use to driving the boat and that damn chopper made me insane....it is nearly impossible to drive and shoot at a target..

JAVA said:
I am playing it on the xbox, and I have to admit that you guys were right, it does own halo in every way besides vehicles and multiplayer. my most hated chapter so far has been water hazard, It took me so long to get use to driving the boat and that damn chopper made me insane....it is nearly impossible to drive and shoot at a target..

Mabye on the Xbox it's difficult to do that. Quite simple on the pc really; use wasd to steer while you shoot with the mouse. I'm guessing witht he Xbox you use the left analogue to steer and the right analogue to shoot. I can imagine that would be frustrating. Umm... sorry.

Arrgghh! Somebody say they loved Water Hazard! Now! :flame:

JAVA said:

I found it quite simple - I'm certain the Xbox auto targets it for you when you are in vehicles.

I Found Water Hazard quite fun Sctually , I Got right under the Smokestack as it fell on me :(

Samon said:
I found it quite simple - I'm certain the Xbox auto targets it for you when you are in vehicles.

The pc does too.

Samon said:

It does, but sometimes it targets the wrong thing like instead of the chopper, a barrel floating in the water.... plus it was hard for me because I am soo use to halo's third person driving. I got use to it, and it was nice to get sweet revenge on the chopper. I didnt find the buggie part hard at all, so I must have gotten a lot better at driving. Now I amstuck in follow freeman at the part where there are snipers pinning you down on the roof, I dont really know what to do, but I will find out..

Ah, snipers are quite nasty. Well actually I found that the hard part was trying to make sure your mates didn't get killed. I'm too caring in that game. I always try to save everybody. :(

yeah, I have been looking through walkthroughs of the game and cant find the sniper part, how did you beat the snipers? any help would be greatly appreciated...

I don't know. About where are you? You can take them out with hadn grenades or SMG grenades. Remember also it's a good idea to use the Manipulator to grab obstacles and use them as impromptu riot shields - that way you can quite often advance without getting hit. Make use of the sprint key. Always time your run just after they fire.

thanks, I have been trying to through grenades in the window with little success, and I am not bad at throwing them. I will use the smg grenades. thanks for that help. I am gonna go play it now..

Back