Minecraft = Love

I'm hoping you guys's usernames are the same here as they are in Minecraft, because mine is BumBum. Yeah, not even close to Nomad.

Mellish was taken, so I had to go with "TheMellish".

I guess I'd play on that server a bit, if only when the other one I frequent is down, and for the sake of playing with you guys.

Mines the same.

Mine would be Sliver14, and if you guys try to get one running be sure to contact me, will help with any testing.

I think those are the HD textures that were mentioned on Something Awful.

That's not HD. High res texture packs are still buggy since it's not officially supported, the grass always shows up with glitches or something. There are a bunch of texture packs out there though, like this "realistic" one I'm using (complete with Raziaar-style cows!).

mctext.jpg

mc61.png

Just disposing of some leaves after gathering some lumber. (I plant the trees close together so the fire will spread)

That's not HD. High res texture packs are still buggy since it's not officially supported, the grass always shows up with glitches or something. There are a bunch of texture packs out there though, like this "realistic" one I'm using (complete with Raziaar-style cows!).

I'm digging those cows! (with a pickaxe)

I JUST FOUND A TREASURE ROOM!

I was digging a tunnel underground from my tower to my house (below the ocean/lake) and suddenly, I stumbled onto a dark cave. I followed it, placing torches as I went and walked into this. The cobblestone is mossy and everything. Don't know what's up with the little guy on fire in the cage. :0

Here's something to give you an idea. It was about 15-20 block under the lake bed.

mc64.jpg

And here is the room itself.

mc63.png

It's a creep/enemy spawner. It periodically spawns baddies, but you won't see them on peaceful. Don't forget to break the chests and take them as well!

It's a creep/enemy spawner. It periodically spawns baddies, but you won't see them on peaceful. Don't forget to break the chests and take them as well!

Didn't loot the room, but I marked a spot in my tunnel so I know where it's at.

Way to not SS the treasure room...

wat

I found a dungeon in SMP, right under the place I began my base. Not even three blocks down.

It had a pig spawner. But no creatures in SMP :( .

A pig spawner sounds really useful. Make a bacon factory!

My Minecraft username is riomhaire (different "i") but I don't really play it online anyway.

I already posted a screenshot. Look at the post again. :l

Unless you mean something different.

Finished my tunnel just a few minutes ago too. That took about 4 hours of my life.

Oh I opened the first one and totally missed the second one.

"cartographer"

You should google "cartographer" and "minecraft" together to get it though. You'll find it posted in a forum.

thank you, didn't think it was that easy. you could have made a link that does that "let me google that for you" thing.....would have been funnier

so yeah I have no idea why its not working. I downloaded the distributable Visual C program and the Cartographer program, it loads the level and says done but no picture. I'm scratching my head atm

Look in the folder where cartographer is installed.

its not really installed anyway. since its a WinRar its just open when I try to use the program. any idea where the folder would be??

Check your downloads folder. I have a specified folder for all of my downloads, so I don't really know.

Update: Day/Night and harmless mobs in SMP, and fences in Single Player and Multiplayer

ARGH I can't wait until these trips of his end. I mean, I want what's best for him and Minecraft, but it's taking away from his time right now updating SMP! I want monsters and inventory dammit!

lol

I'm starting to think that he's getting back at the people who've been bitching at him to work on the game already.

tbh, that was kind of a shitty friday update. 2 weeks without them, and then he includes FENCES in the game. and now, 2 weeks without them again.

Well, the stuff he was trying to work on proved to not be as simple as he thought, so he wasn't able to roll them out.

Well, the stuff he was trying to work on proved to not be as simple as he thought, so he wasn't able to roll them out.

I guess it must be hard to be working on his Ludum Dare thing and to actively work on Minecraft at the same time.

They should just ask for some modders to join the crew. I've seen some stuff that isn't part of the original package that have much more materials and options and could greatly increase the user base.

How does one make a set of double doors open simultaneously with redstone circuits? Mine keep alternating.

mc13.jpg

slowly adding to it over the last week or so. I wish I had more time for this game but its summer and I've been extremely busy these days

Bump for strange news: apparently Notch is meeting with Valve today for "secret talks"?.

Bump for strange news: apparently Notch is meeting with Valve today for "secret talks"?.

oh man that would be cool. on a side note I don't think I wrote my password down so if steam picks this up then I may be screwed unless they have a password retrieval system

Back