Minecraft = Love

Isn't bandwidth usage an issue too?

I mean like if you use torrents etc, on the same connection you host, that'll probably cause a lot of lag.

My connection is god tier. It shouldn't be a problem.

Huh, that's pretty neat. I can set up ops and such in game or out. I'll probably start messing around with this in a few minutes. I'm banned from the steam chat, so i'll probably be chatting from here. When I need testers.

Ok, it's up for the moment. If you want the ip, you can ask for it. Or it should be on the server list. Named "Halflife2.net Dedicated Server". Let me know how things are going if you get in there.

Cool, seems to work good.

Everyone that wants to play on this server should post your ingame name if it differs from your forum name.

Mine is Strogg

My name is riomhaire. My skin is Parker from Red Faction.

Its beautiful

drtbrt.png

I set up a small shared stash where you spawn with some basic stuff for everyone to start off with.

I'm called TheMellish on mp, if you want to give me a bell with the IP.

Disclaimer: The multiplayer version of this is buggier than all hell. Connection seems to be stable, though. Even played some CSS while they were testing the server. Everything is fine on that part. Got about 4 or 5 players in right now. Join in if you want. I'll have this thing up overnight and stuff.

I can't really play this. I get so many socket write errors it's not even funny, booting me from game every time it happens, preceded by a delay in which I cannot send information, only receive it(players moving, their chat text, etc).

So until I get that figured out, it's not enjoyable for me. It's been that way on other servers, but was less so than this.

Also when monsters get released, would be cool if we had a clean slate server.

I think it would be good also to have a server terrain that is... more extreme, in the sense that there are mountains and cliffs and shit. Relatively flat worlds are pretty boring. You can build up, but only artificially. If you want a hut on a mountain, or a home carved out of a cliff face, you can't really achieve that.

Wait, is it the same landform types from the free creative mode? Where everything seemed to be tame?

Wait, is it the same landform types from the free creative mode? Where everything seemed to be tame?

I dunno. Some of the SMP servers I've been on have been pretty damn cool.

Gotta delete and keep recreating the world until you get something you like, I guess.

I dunno. Some of the SMP servers I've been on have been pretty damn cool.

Gotta delete and keep recreating the world until you get something you like, I guess.

Aren't the maps infinite though? You could just keep exploring until you find something you like.

I'm Ennui in SMP. I'd like the IP too please!

Aren't the maps infinite though? You could just keep exploring until you find something you like.
You could try finding a good map to download on the minecraft forums, but I've already started building a railway line ;(

It was mostly stable for me but I've lost a few items while transferring stuff between my inventory and crates and furnaces (including a bucket of lava!) and the occasional problem with a block that refuses to go away.

For about five minutes the came kept freezing up (I tried both in-browser and download, both froze) but it just stopped after a while.

Edit:
I died laughing :LOL:

You could try finding a good map to download on the minecraft forums, but I've already started building a railway line ;(

I'm not advocating to erase the map and start anew.

Though once monsters are released, maybe we could talk again about that.

Yeah, Empo and I have quite a bit of stuff now. Would be a shame to restart.

****, now even my single player map is being affected by the bp oil spill.

mc66.png

I've decided I like to play on peaceful all the time unless I need certain materials. I mean it's Minecraft not Warcraft right?

I'm the same. Unless I need to aquire some gunpowder legitimately. Which I never do.

I've decided I like to play on peaceful all the time unless I need certain materials. I mean it's Minecraft not Warcraft right?

****, now I want to make a warcraft orc skin. Classic Warcraft 2, not world of warcraft crap.

I can be a peon!

My connection is god tier. It shouldn't be a problem.

God-tier? What's that? 1 Gbit/s?

Also that Minecraft video linked above is probably the best Minecraft video I have ever seen posted on YouTube!

Added it to my favorites.

Not quite, but it hasn't failed yet. And that's even after putting it through some stress. While those guys were playing, I was playing online games, doing some heavy torrenting, streaming videos etc. They all told me nothing out of the ordinary was happening, except for the few bugs which I think are the game, not me.

edit
myconnection.png

That's nice, I don't know how network-intensive Minecraft is anyway!

I myself am still stuck on 30Mbit down/3Mbit up(Yeah that's right, just 3 up) after my apartment-complex couldn't reach an agreement with the provider for fiber-optic hookup.:(

That's actually not too bad. Considering i've seen people with incredibly worse speeds.

Yeah, but the knowledge that I could be on fiber-optic 100/100 with it costing me LESS per month, but am not because of the ****ing board of our apartment-complex annoys me.:(

This connection costs 35 euro a month, if I get hooked up to the fiber-optic it'll be 25 euro a month.

Yeah, I converted, 25 euro is around 32 bucks so around the same price then(For the 100mbit, not the overpriced 30mbit connection I'm on now.:()

Gave the server a quick look, some nice stuff already built. Love the "t" sign at the start. :p

Will stop by again later, maybe carve out my own plot of land. Or do my usual thing and make a pointless underground labyrinth.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
All my 16 diamonds got randomly deleted from my inventory :(

Anyway, i found a huge cave system and collected
193 redstone
89 iron
242 coal
31 gold

Il share a lot of it on team projects, such as underwater city etc.

I left Mellish a house-warming gift and also I put a bunch of free compasses in a chest next to the train station (for some reason I can't seem to break or create anything near the spawn, the server just reverses my changes, is that supposed to happen?)

Yeah, it's there so people don't dig a giant hole under the spawn or whatever. :p

Edit: Or an obsidian-cased water tank. Hmm, that one would still be possible if you built it around the spawn limitation... *ponders*

I tried the free one some. It was nice. But I don't really get it, It seemed I had unlimited everything, is it like that only in the free version?

Yeah, it's there so people don't dig a giant hole under the spawn or whatever. :p

Edit: Or an obsidian-cased water tank. Hmm, that one would still be possible if you built it around the spawn limitation... *ponders*

The spawn area would just drain all the water though.

I tried the free one some. It was nice. But I don't really get it, It seemed I had unlimited everything, is it like that only in the free version?

Yeah. The free version is more or less legos. Which is, honestly, really dull. Survival is where it gets fun and interesting.

Back