Miscellaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well being married is fine, I'm just going through a rough spot personally right now. Sorry for the emo BS 8C woe is me *cut* hurr

D8

I didnt know you had aspirations to be a game artist.

So, for hours at work today, I was thinking about this game I started working on about 10 years ago, and my hard drive crashed. It's really the only game I ever wanted to make. I got really excited about it, because I figured out new ways to do a lot of the gameplay elements and programing tricks. I'll have to start from scratch of course, but I still remember how I did a lot of the stuff. I can't wait to get back into school.

Anyway, I just had this ultra vivid vision of what I want one of the enemies to be like, and was imagining it so clearly, that it was like it was happening before my eyes. The problem is - my skill would be to use animated sprites. but my vision was 3D model with that ultra smooth animation.

How hard is this to do? Is it possible to get a 3D animation studio - create a model, and animate it, without any sort of schooling?

I mean, could I download some tutorials or something. Shit seems hard. I probably can't do it.

Also, It would be so insanely awesome to have the equipment to do motion capture.

Anyway, I won't be going to school for art, animation or modeling, but programming. Oh well, maybe I can branch of into that once I get the core game working. I basically want to do everything for this game. Sound effects, animation, artwork, music, programing, design ... everything.

My game is going to ****ign rule - one day.

Its pretty hard to make anything that looks good. You could try looking around Turbosquid.com for models that you could maybe modify, but they certainly wont be animated, and they wont be free unless they suck.

Its pretty hard to make anything that looks good. You could try looking around Turbosquid.com for models that you could maybe modify, but they certainly wont be animated, and they wont be free unless they suck.

The quality of some stuff of turbosquid is nice, not commercial quality but still good enough...

You could use Blender as a game creator if you wanted... real simple, though complex game logic needs Python...

D8

I didnt know you had aspirations to be a game artist.

Eh, I dunno. I'm working on a little project right now and I'm LOVING it, but....some poeple, close to me, are I guess you'd say "realists" giving me a reality check. I haven't done any kind of schooling and I know I'm not really the best artist but aaggh. Sorry I don't wanna bore you guys with that haha D:

Oh true that... for 3ds max.

Yeah, I guess it depends what your standards are. Nothing Crysis worthy for free, but there are some really nice free models on turbosquid.

I made five bux on turbosquid by selling a party cup model lawl. Easiest five bux i ever made.

I got a new pair of glasses today after several months of having a broken pair... someone said, "With those glasses on, you look a lot smarter" and I replied, "With these glasses on, you look a lot dumber." Then I ran.

Finally got GTA today. I'll try it out a little later. I got the store's last copy, and I got a 12 dollar discount card because of the games I traded in.

I think somebody spray painted outside near my Airconditioning unit. Its pumping paint smell into my apartment.

awwww yeaaah.

I got a new pair of glasses today after several months of having a broken pair... someone said, "With those glasses on, you look a lot smarter" and I replied, "With these glasses on, you look a lot dumber." Then I ran.

Epic Que is epic.

I brokeded my fav pair of RayBans the other day

/cries

/comforts

Just got back from seeing Mustard Plug and Voodooo Glow Skulls (and knockout was opening) and there was definitely some hardcore moshing... got a big bruise on my nose, on my back, and over my eye... luckily I wasn't wearing my new glasses.

I'm thinking of collecting Warhammer.

The final frontier for my nerdiness.

/comforts

Just got back from seeing Mustard Plug and Voodooo Glow Skulls (and knockout was opening) and there was definitely some hardcore moshing... got a big bruise on my nose, on my back, and over my eye... luckily I wasn't wearing my new glasses.

And you weren't looking smart.

I'm thinking of collecting Warhammer.

The final frontier for my nerdiness.

I used to collect it, but only for painting and displaying, never played it.

Just got my new Samsung LCD HD TV, 19'', suits my small(ish) room in my Uni house perfectly. Dear god HD makes such a difference, especially in games when you flick the HD switch on the 360 on.

Gears of War and GTA4 look even more incredible now, GOW more so.

I feel like I'm going too throw up, I ran 3.6 kms today, because my school made me :|

I used to collect it, but only for painting and displaying, never played it.

Yeah, I'll be playing it down the track. I know a few of my mates do :)

Chosen to go Dark Elf, if I go ahead with it (80% chance at this point).

I'm at work trying to focus. I'm rather disturbed that my mind continues to wander to GTA IV and how much I want to get back home and finish some missions.

I fear it will consume me.

I am no longer the carpenter...
And yesterday, was our kings birthday.

Im getting tired of it conveniently raining everytime I step outside, and it conveniently stopping when I get in a car or indoors.

I swear im cursed.

There wasnt even any dark clouds for god sake!!! *keeps on drying hair*

Im getting tired of it conveniently raining everytime I step outside, and it conveniently stopping when I get in a car or indoors.

I swear im cursed.

There wasnt even any dark clouds for god sake!!! *keeps on drying hair*

I'm cursed too. Street lights burn out when I walk past them.

i keep getting a boner for no reason, what the hell

at least you dont work as a kindergarten teacher...

...jk

/pedophile

I don't understand why people comb or brush their hair. I haven't done so for years and I look like a sexy McMulligan Vagina.

I think I've just got an RSI from typing. My finger wrecks. It's quite hard not to use it though.

I just woke up. Its 6pm. I had things I needed to do before places closed at five, but when im in bed... I just dont give a ****.

I need to make sure i dont oversleep tomorrow.

Sorry about that babe.
omgadjv4.png

im running out of money fast...im going to follow up on the many places i applied to a couple days ago..

is it ok to call them 2-3 days after you applied somehwere (i applied mostly at retail stores at the local mall) or should I wait at least a week?

I just woke up. Its 6pm. I had things I needed to do before places closed at five, but when im in bed... I just dont give a ****.

I need to make sure i dont oversleep tomorrow.
I woke up at exactly 6pm yesterday. All night GTA will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back