most criminal/ghetto/Gang Wars place in USA Compton VS Hampton

Heh. People are actually taking this thread seriously?
He's got a point though Glo. You started it. :p
Anyway, you're probably correct that America has more (if not perhaps worse because some places here are pretty nasty) 'orrible urban centres. So why on earth would we want to take it back?

Someone said:
When you guys learn to fight wars without calling us to save you, then talk shit.
Someone else said:
England would have got annhiliated by the Nazis if it weren't for us.
Well, we won the Battle of Britain, we won in Africa, we won the 'battle of wills', we kept the invasion secret and did a whole load of stuff for counter-intelligence operations, our commandos and special units did some utterly amazing stuff during the retreat from France and afterwards (helping the French resistance and so on). While the importance of American aid and supplies to Britain is great, the idea that America had to 'come and save Britain' and that Britain would have been pwned if not for America is somewhat of a misconception. America joined the war only when it was directly threatened. Hitler wanted to make peace with us, and his main downfall was invading Russia, not the Americans joining the war.

If America hadn't helped, but had sent only aid, we would have still won the Battle of Britain, Hitler would have invaded Russia, we would have been nobbling Mussolini, Hitler would have had to delay his Russian stuff to help his Italian pal, the Russian winter would have set in, we would have triumphed in Africa, Hitler would have likely been steamrollered by the Russians. As for the Oriental front, no idea. That could have been interesting.
gick said:
Arseholes, surely?

Why bother arguing at all? Numbers has us all beaten anyway.

4339 YEARS OF HISTORY! FIRST IRON PRINTING PRESS! EVERYTHING! MWHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I'll stop for a minute.

Sulkdodds said:
Arseholes, surely?

Oh Bugger! I say, I do feel like a bit of a wally after such a horrid cock-up.

Sulkdodds said:
*Long history lesson providing information to arrogant Yanks that, whilst the US was a wonderful ally in WW2, they were not the sole reason the Nazis did not triumph, as so many Americans seem to believe*
I love you.

You know what the problem is?

Different countries have different history books with "history" that doesn't always match up, and hardly tell all sides of the story.

I sure would like to know what certain countries are teaching in school.

This is especially true in communist countries where they filter what you learn. They teach you what they want you to know. Basically brainwashing their citizens, so when these educated children grow up they can say, "DEATH TO AMERICA!!" and they have a false reason to justify it

el Chi said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulkdodds
*Long history lesson providing information to arrogant Yanks that, whilst the US was a wonderful ally in WW2, they were not the sole reason the Nazis did not triumph, as so many Americans seem to believe*
I love you.
Well, in another thread I said something along the lines that Brits act arrogant, but its amazing how quickly the percentage of arrogant people can rise when you take a sampling from a handfull of people.

Meaning: when you are arguing with 3 americans, and all 3 of them are arrogant, does that mean that all americans are arrogant? Anyway, so I am guilty of saying the same thing about Brits and I'd like to take that back becuase I did the same thing.

One person on a video game forum named Maddog - in all his mad dog rage and anger, lashed out at anyone who had anything bad to to say about America. So when does one pissed off dude named mad dog become "so many americans"?

And when you completely change what someone says thats not quoting them el Chi !

HAhaha and besides,

the rotating black and white old dude is mine el Chi. Back off bitch! I don't even know who that image is but Im sure you will tell me!

(some more unnecessary exclamation points !!!) !!

Glo-Boy said:
And America has some of the worst on Earth next to the slums of China and anywhere in the Middle East. England is the pretty much most pansy country on the planet, up there with Canada and Sweden.

I remind you that Canada strolled down south and burnt the white house and other governmental buildings in the war of 1812.

more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

As well, during the first world war
"For a nation of eight million people Canada's war effort was remarkable. A total of 619,636 men and women served in the Canadian forces in the First World War, and of these 66,655 gave their lives and another 172,950 were wounded. Nearly one of every ten Canadians who fought in the war did not return."

Canada's population was 8 million at the time. That means 7.7% of the population went to war.

Canada may be a nice country, but we can bring it.

I'd say more, but Dodds has you all nailed.

Plus, I'm willing to wager Stern is a Highlander-type-guy, and personally burnt the Whitehouse.

As for you, Glo-Boy, as soon as you stop acting like a spoilt teen, I'll stop calling you "kid".

-Angry Lawyer

pwned by the Lawyer

<3<3<3

Repeating what everyone else is this thread is thinking: Who the hell cares? Its not exactly a good thing :p

VirusType2 said:
Well, in another thread I said something along the lines that Brits act arrogant, but its amazing how quickly the percentage of arrogant people can rise when you take a sampling from a handfull of people.

Meaning: when you are arguing with 3 americans, and all 3 of them are arrogant, does that mean that all americans are arrogant? Anyway, so I am guilty of saying the same thing about Brits and I'd like to take that back becuase I did the same thing.
Fair enough, but what I mean is that, on many occasions I have heard/read Americans say that the US "bailed the Brits out" so to speak. This is simply not true. It would be false to say that the US wasn't an invaluable ally in WW2, but then for Americans to say that the Brits were bailed out is to undermine the two years of war Europe had endured before the US joined in.
Plus you need to consider that our home turf was having seven shades of sh*t knocked out of it the whole time. Plus we're a much smaller nation than Germany. To be honest, we did pretty f*cking well, all things considered. As I say, I'd be lying if I said the US's involvement wasn't invaluable, yet it is disrespectful and utterly false to try and make it appear, by outright claim or even inferrence that Britain was some hopeless nation that couldn't fight its own battles.

And then if you want to get spiteful you could say that the only real reason the US ever got involved was because of Pearl Harbour, so it's not as if you were rushing to our benevolent rescue, is it?

But I don't want to get spiteful. I don't think there should be some kind of nonsensical rivalry on who did better or some such other pedantic triviality, when the sheer fact of the matter is that together, the Allies fought off the Axis powers and won the war. TOGETHER.
It's disrespectful and unfair for one side to spit and moan and fizzle about who's the best, when it was such a good thing for all to have accomplished.

Point is: Let's all be friends, shut the hell up and have a nice cold pint. Sound good?

Americans don't measure their beverages in Pints! D:

As for the "Bailed out the Brits" spiel, it's simply what Hollywood and the gaming industry have taught kids these days.

-Angry Lawyer

No pints!? I say! Pip pip what what, etc.
So if you go into a bar in America and ask for a beer, what do you get?
As in measurements, not bad jokes.

And yes, it's annoying that so many films and games are like "So America won the war!" which is why CoD was so refreshing.
To REALLY f*ck with the player's mind, it'd be interesting to have them do one or two levels as a Nazi - oooh the controversy.

omfg...my thread totaly went the wrong direction....why dont i just rename it America VS England?

Ravioli said:
omfg...my thread totaly went the wrong direction....why dont i just rename it America VS England?

Becuase you don't have the power to do so.

America just a cheesier, bigger sillier version of the UK imo.

Angry Lawyer said:
Americans don't measure their beverages in Pints! D:
el Chi said:
So if you go into a bar in America and ask for a beer, what do you get?
As in measurements
Well, we measure in pints, we use quarts, pints, cups, gallons, liters, ounces, etc.

But when we go into a bar, or whatever, we ask for a draft ( pour it from a keg into a frosty mug )or a bottle. We don't get to pick the size really. Its whatever size mug they use is the size of our beer, and the bottles are almost always 16 ounces.
---------------------------------

And, would some of you guys shut the **** up about how ****ing awesome your countries are? The greatest people in this world never say OMFG Im the ****ing greatest and you all just suck. No. They just be great and shut the **** up about it.

Gloating makes everyone hate you. A hero never says "What would you have done without me you weakling". Now if you think im wrong, I dare you to go to your girlfriend and explain to her why men are far superior to women. Sure she loves men, but if you want to go bragging about how great a man is, she will be quicker then shit to make you look worthless.

VirusType2 said:
Well, we measure in pints, we use quarts, pints, cups, gallons, liters, ounces, etc.

But when we go into a bar, or whatever, we ask for a draft ( pour it from a keg into a frosty mug )or a bottle. We don't get to pick the size really. Its whatever size mug they use is the size of our beer, and the bottles are almost always 16 ounces.
Yeah, but is there a standard mug size or is it basically the luck of the draw? Now I come to think about it, I think things are done similarly on the continent...
Sorry if I sound non-plussed, I'm just interested.

VirusType2 said:
And, would some of you guys shut the **** up about how ****ing awesome your countries are? The greatest people in this world never say OMFG Im the ****ing greatest and you all just suck. No. They just be great and shut the **** up about it.

Gloating makes everyone hate you. A hero never says "What would you have done without me you weakling". Now if you think im wrong, I dare you to go to your girlfriend and explain to her why men are far superior to women. Sure she loves men, but if you want to go bragging about how great a man is, she will be quicker then shit to make you look worthless.
As the French say; "Qu'est-que c'est le f*ck?"

The whole point of my post was to say that no-one's country is "best" - we all worked together and that's best.
Plus the whole idea of the "hero" saying "What would you have done without me!?" is prcisely the (misguided) mentality that some Americans have over WW2 and that's what I was pointing out/ranting about.

Glo-Boy said:
I can see that you are, 'kid'. We decided England was too fag-like and left. So then England came after all 45 of us and we beat them back. Then we proceeded to be most powerful and productive country on Earth. Sure, we have a huge amount of lazy slobs and absolute imbeciles that live in our country (and a fair share of those who run it, unfortunately) but that doesn't change that we have undecidedly the best education, the best products, the best everything really. America is badass.

P.S. I've been to england and I have met some really great people. America is still better though.

american education is bollucks, you have the best facilities, but everything is to easy

if i piscked up a uk degree and went to america, anyone with an american degreein hthe same subject woudl have no chance, unless they were from havard. or something derranged

el Chi said:
Yeah, but is there a standard mug size or is it basically the luck of the draw? Now I come to think about it, I think things are done similarly on the continent...
Sorry if I sound non-plussed, I'm just interested.

non-plussed? whats that mean? not positive?

The mugs range from like 12-16 ounces depending on where you go, which is our basic adult single-serving drink sizes throughout everything.

For reference/comparison, kid sized single serving beverages is almost always 4, 6, or 8 ounces

As the French say; "Qu'est-que c'est le f*ck?"

The whole point of my post was to say that no-one's country is "best" - we all worked together and that's best.
Plus the whole idea of the "hero" saying "What would you have done without me!?" is prcisely the (misguided) mentality that some Americans have over WW2 and that's what I was pointing out/ranting about.

I wasn't talking to you, I was lashing out in everyone's general direction, becuase its really old already listening to people who weren't even a sperm in their fathers balls yet explain how they kicked someones ass in a war that has been over for like 70 years.

I mean, yes, I am a patriot, and am very ****ing proud, and I would kill for my country while you die for yours, but lets be gentlemen shall we?

A war can sometimes be like a domestic despute, and time heals and enemies can become allies, and there is no reason to bring up old fights unless you want to start a new one.

<3 peace
-V

EDIT
Im not sure about that, or how misguided it is, becuase Im not sure that some countries wouldn't have been taken over, maybe not Britain, but I do know, from what I've learned - that the allies worked like clock-work together, and Britain and America both kicked some serious ass, and Russia didn't really ahve to do anything becuase their unforgivingly cold terrain will kill you man.

But you might say thats how many Americans feel about France, who seem to have turned on us, many of us were yelling, "we saved your ass in several wars, for not us you wouldn't exist mother****ers how dare you /spit" But they are still alies to us. Just becuase many citizens from either country openly voice their disgust in each other, these citizens aren't running the show.

The aim of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his

- Some guy.

VirusType2 said:
its really old already listening to people who weren't even a sperm in their fathers balls yet explain how they kicked someones ass in a war that has been over for like 70 years.

<3 peace
-V
Well said.

Oh, and nonplussed sort of means confused/perplexed.

Solaris said:
The aim of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his

- Some guy.

General Patton

<3 OFP

When will America join civilisation with the metric system? Or is it against their constitution to make life easier for themselves?

Stucco said:
When will America join civilisation with the metric system? Or is it against their constitution to make life easier for themselves?

What makes you think Metric system will make life easier for us? We do just fine with our own system. We can do nearly anything we want to as far as measurement goes, with our imperial measurement system.

And don't forget... it was developed in england.

this thread is now crap.

You want the truth ravioli, just look at my earlier reply, it speaks the truth from a person whos lived it.

Point is America is way better than England. The rules are stupid over there. Who in America has ever got a ticket for saying the f word. If that was the case we'd all be screwed. But I guess we have some lame policies over here too.

madog said:
Point is America is way better than England. The rules are stupid over there. Who in America has ever got a ticket for saying the f word. If that was the case we'd all be screwed. But I guess we have some lame policies over here too.

I'm not a nationalist, but I'll take issue.

Your system of government is a Presidential democracy, with a 2 party system, essentially a very restrictive form of franchise.
Our system of of government is a parlimentary democracy - a far more 'effective' form of representation and government.
Your head of state is a political figure, who holds strong political views no matter who he is - his political views and policies are part of who he is and what he does.
Our head of state is a non-political figure, the Queen, therefore she can act as a figurehead and ambassador who holds no political views - and is therefore less likely to be disliked for policies Britain enacts.

You have no national health service, granted ours isn't in the best of shape, but it's nice to know it's still there.

Our education system is far superior partly simply becuase of it's length of establishment, especially in the field of essay writing, as your students aren't taught to analyse until much much later in life and follow the nonsensical 'branch' method of thinking (that may be a slight exaggeration on the part of Dr. Pope, an American professor teaching at Lincoln University)

:)

I'm just simply sick of all this nationalistic bollocks, why does a person feel the need to jump to the defence of his country? (I'm aware that's exactly what I've done heh :p )

I love the NHS so much. SO much.
People lambast it for being "ineffective" or in some kind of dire shambles (Don't even get me started on the Tories' "How hard can it be to keep a hospital clean?"), and whilst it'd be false to try and pretend that it's this flawless institution, so many critics have a shocking lack of foresight.
It's a huge institution and, considering the huge volume of people it has to deal with, it doesn't do too badly, and if it wasn't there - well, so much of the population would be up sh*t creek.

I am epileptic and have been on a course of drugs for about five years now. Who paid for those drugs? The NHS. I once worked out how much how much it would have cost my parents (I started on the medication at the age of 16 and as I'm still in full-time education, I'm not earning) to buy the medication out of their own pocket, and it was about £7000, and that was quite a while ago, so it would be a fair bit more by now. Also, there were lots of tests done to determine my epilepsy, what type of epilepsy I had, and lots of meetings with consultants. I don't want to know how much they would have cost too.
Epilepsy is no-one's fault, nor is it curable as such and I'm so glad that the NHS is there to help me through something like this. To clarify, without the NHS, it would have cost my parents in excess of £7000 to keep me conscious.
I'm not trying to milk my condition or try and get sympathy or anything, I'm simply using it as an example where the NHS is an invaluable part of our country's system. My friend's diabetic, and it's basically the same thing.
I see no reason why someone ought to fork out money when life's dealt them a poor hand, be that a long-term condition like epilepsy/diabetes, or cancer or some other disease. I know people get insurance plans and whatever, but I really don't think that's as good, and the NHS is free for ALL.

Oh, then people complain about how crap the NHS is, but they demand to pay less taxes.
And then people moan about immigration, without realising that without immigrants, the NHS would fall apart.

/rant ends.

el Chi said:
People lambast it for being "ineffective" or in some kind of dire shambles (Don't even get me started on the Tories' "How hard can it be to keep a hospital clean?"), and whilst it'd be false to try and pretend that it's this flawless institution, so many critics have a shocking lack of foresight.
It's a huge institution and, considering the huge volume of people it has to deal with, it doesn't do too badly, and if it wasn't there - well, so much of the population would be up sh*t creek.

I am epileptic and have been on a course of drugs for about five years now. Who paid for those drugs? The NHS. I once worked out how much how much it would have cost my parents (I started on the medication at the age of 16 and as I'm still in full-time education, I'm not earning) to buy the medication out of their own pocket, and it was about £7000, and that was quite a while ago, so it would be a fair bit more by now. Also, there were lots of tests done to determine my epilepsy, what type of epilepsy I had, and lots of meetings with consultants. I don't want to know how much they would have cost too.
Epilepsy is no-one's fault, nor is it curable as such and I'm so glad that the NHS is there to help me through something like this. To clarify, without the NHS, it would have cost my parents in excess of £7000 to keep me conscious.
I'm not trying to milk my condition or try and get sympathy or anything, I'm simply using it as an example where the NHS is an invaluable part of our country's system. My friend's diabetic, and it's basically the same thing.
I see no reason why someone ought to fork out money when life's dealt them a poor hand, be that a long-term condition like epilepsy/diabetes, or cancer or some other disease. I know people get insurance plans and whatever, but I really don't think that's as good, and the NHS is free for ALL.

Oh, then people complain about how crap the NHS is, but they demand to pay less taxes.
And then people moan about immigration, without realising that without immigrants, the NHS would fall apart.

/rant ends.

Well said, I agree wholeheartedly.

madog said:
Point is America is way better than England.

Sorry to burt your bubble, kid, but the States are far from perfect. The fact that it's slowly leaning towards a theocracy, and "Intelligent Design" is becoming incredibly close to being taught in schools is one big reason. England has its problems too, but saying either country is better is a fallacy and you'd have to be a naive pre-teen to do it.

Yes, ironic, but my nationalistic bit came from my spiteful desire to just get Glo-Boy spouting crap.

Oh yeah, Glo-Boy, women belong in the army, too and can fight just as well as men. Pwnt.
*stokes fire some more*

-Angry Lawyer

The NHS is great. America is run by people who make money from the suffering of others. Ours used to be, then the labour party came, corrupted but is still okay.

So shut up America, don't make me come over there D:

el Chi said:

/rant ends.
national hockey society? :dork:

Right, **** this, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Whose currency has more value, bitch? You only won the war of independence because we got bored! etc!

Nah, we won the war because we fought like the Insurgents are in Iraq. Your pussy red and white squads never stood a chance against the age old hick with a popgun! Bwahahahaahha!

Angry Lawyer said:
Sorry to burt your bubble, kid, but the States are far from perfect. The fact that it's slowly leaning towards a theocracy, and "Intelligent Design" is becoming incredibly close to being taught in schools is one big reason. England has its problems too, but saying either country is better is a fallacy and you'd have to be a naive pre-teen to do it.

Yes, ironic, but my nationalistic bit came from my spiteful desire to just get Glo-Boy spouting crap.

Oh yeah, Glo-Boy, women belong in the army, too and can fight just as well as men. Pwnt.
*stokes fire some more*

-Angry Lawyer

Well, 'kid', I never said the States were perfect. However, we do kick your British ass any day when it comes to military power. Our governement may have some problems, but then again what government system is perfect in every way? There is none. Our countries policies are not liked by many, but they have brought us great success. So continue being a flaming angry lawyer if you wish, but you wont beat me, kid... lol

madog said:
Well, 'kid', I never said the States were perfect. However, we do kick your British ass any day when it comes to military power. Our governement may have some problems, but then again what government system is perfect in every way? There is none. Our countries policies are not liked by many, but they have brought us great success. So continue being a flaming angry lawyer if you wish, but you wont beat me, kid... lol

Are you TRYING to get sued?

jondy said:

Wow, thats harsh.

They would give me the chair! I've said more swear words than Eddie Murphy or some shit.

The thing is - people need to police themselves with that type of thing.

Now I don't know if there were any children around but If I was at a playground, I would show some respect though. Thats like sacred territory for the kids. I wouldn't go in church and start cursing like Im in the alley.

- Unlike the defendant Mr. Kurt ****, I try to watch my mouth you know?

Children immitate, idolize, mimic, and learn from adults. How would you feel if your teenage child told you to go **** yourself?

As much as I love violence and foul language in movies and games, Im an adult, and I believe that children should be kept innocent for as long as you possibly can. You have to protect them and shelter them from these things.

If you use swear words alot, they come out by accident. So if you don't want to accidentaly say them at the wrong time, don't say them..

Everyone knows that I guess, but let me reinforce my statement from experience:

When I was like 17 -19 and older, I was hanging around with nothing but some bad little ****ers, and all we did were illegal things. Almost entirely little misdemeanor shit like underage drinking, smoking, things like that. ( usually ), and we cussed so much and hung out so often, that I couldn't even hang out with my own family anymore!

I pretty much outcasted myself with the jail house mouth.

It sucked becuase I litteraly could NOT hold my tounge and would accidentally cuss my mom out - things like that. Not cool.

It still comes out sometimes. I swear you don't need to swear at all to get respect. I've seen some of the most respected people that absolutely never swear.

And some people can't stand people that swear, and will get in your face over it.

If you have children one day you don't want them to say those things, and neither will your wife ( or what have you ), so quitting now is a good idea. :thumbs:

Or, reserve it for when people are shooting at you or something extreme like that - not when your brother stole your last piece of gum or something rediculous.
:p

:Lesson Over:

-But 80 pounds for saying ****. ****! I guess crime does pay - the government.

How much is 80 pounds anyway?
Why do they call it 80 pounds?
At one time a pound actually weighed 1 lb.?
In a time when 1lb. was a shit-load of money?

Sorry, Im from the United States, where we have these things called dollars. ( Well I don't have any personally, but I've seen them before ;) ) Im sure you may have heard of them. :p

What was the topic again? oh. oops.

EDIT: By the way, as a carpenter, I can tell you that the imperial measurement system we use is beatiful - albeit slightly harder to learn initially.

Back