MP7-PDW...the dinky gun?

Im from britian so have no personal experience of Firearms. But I've heard stories of cops and criminals firing at each other from about 12-20 yards and no1 hitting anything.

I presume firing while being fired on is a lot different from a firing range where u can prepare yourself. Firing while being attacked by a strider would be a different experience altogether.

The Guards pistols in HL1 were Glocks, so I wouldnt be majorly annoyed if it arrived in HL2.

The OICW (M29) 20mm rounds look like an anti-vehicle weapon. Im sure they'd have no problem with a Hummer. Using them on infantry would be overkill.

Does the weapon in HL2 feature both guns? Imagine how many buttons you would need for all the options on that :) (Firing mode, Camera, Scope, NV, etc).

i like the USP better than the glock but to tell the truth i would like it just as much if it was a glock insted of a USP. With the updated graphics and sound it would still be nice.

The only thing i know i didnt want in hl2 was the MP5.

Originally posted by Zyphria
http://world.guns***/smg/smg49-e.htm

Sure it looks nice...but the bullets don't have punch. The armor piercing bullets do work (20 layers of kevlar) but rounds like that punch tiny holes through bodies. A combine soldier could easily shrug off ten or so rounds.

As a PDW weapon (Personal Defense Weapon), this makes a great secondary weapon, but hardly something you'd use in pitched battle. Anyone else agree?

I'm not much of a gun expert but here's my opinion: I think the gun will perform fine ingame, from what I saw in the videos the gun was used against an armored target: the strider which seemed to be pretty useless (as useless as tossing chairs at it lol). Against soft targets like the combines or whatever they are called I believe it will be a weapon to be reckoned with :)

Originally posted by Wilco
The OICW (M29) 20mm rounds look like an anti-vehicle weapon. Im sure they'd have no problem with a Hummer. Using them on infantry would be overkill.

Actually, the grenade launcher is an anti personel weapon (nasty). The little fragments can penetrate body armor. Its made to explode in the middle of a room, or above a trench.

Err it doesnt have a Grenade launcher. Its a 20mm 'cannon'

The guy that made this post knows nothing about guns.

I can shoot you with a .22 in the foot and you wont shrug it off.

You dont shrug off any bullet... you play too much cs and watch too many movies.

Also I saw someone say something about a glock... what stupid stuff, first off they make glocks that shoot a wide varity of bullets not just small caliber glock is indeed a company. They are also as acurate as any pistols. Glock makes expensive guns that are famous for being able to shoot in almost any conditions and not having many metal parts. I have heard stories of glocks having sand in the barrel and still shooting... also their special exhaust chambers that will let them fire under water w/o damage to the gun.

Sure it looks nice...but the bullets don't have punch. The armor piercing bullets do work (20 layers of kevlar) but rounds like that punch tiny holes through bodies. A combine soldier could easily shrug off ten or so rounds.

No, I don't agree

The Mp7 has a nice rate of fire, and It doesn't matter what size hole it will leave in somebody. What matters is if the bullets hit anything vital, and with a rate of fire of around 800 rounds per minute, and a 40 round clip, I'm pretty sure you would hit something vital very quickly. I can already tell some of you in here don't know jack crap about guns *cough* Fisker

This isn't a insult, just an opinion :)

Hell i know very little about guns. But i still have my common sence thank god. I dont want to be shot. I dont care if its from a 20mm cannon or a glock. I still dont want to be shot.

Oh yeah, the Glock is accurate if the shooter knows what he Is doing. My brother owns one, and he is very accurate with it. I can't hit crap with it though :-/

This is just one big girl fight. You all think you are right, none of you will accept that perhaps you are wrong. Shut up now and end this flame war. I know which of you are giving correct facts and who doesn't know crock shit here, but I am not going to say. I won't give you any more to fight over, you pathetic little ignorant teens.

hey, i find that very offensive :(.

I never entered tha arguement for any reason other than to state that I have commom sence.

That was aragant too tbh.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
hey, i find that very offensive :(.

I never entered tha arguement for any reason other than to state that I have commom sence.

That was aragant too tbh.

Then if you weren't involved, my post does not concern you.

Err it doesnt have a Grenade launcher. Its a 20mm 'cannon'

It's been a while since I read about the OICW, but I the top part of the weapon is usually described as a grenade launcher. These grenades can be programmed with the laser range finder to detonate above the target or even after passing through an object (like a door) then exploding.

Originally posted by Marauder
This is just one big girl fight. You all think you are right, none of you will accept that perhaps you are wrong. Shut up now and end this flame war. I know which of you are giving correct facts and who doesn't know crock shit here, but I am not going to say. I won't give you any more to fight over, you pathetic little ignorant teens.

mabey so......but fisqer is just talking out his ass.

I dont care if its a bitch fight or not.

People need to have some respect for firearms. they are not toys...and they are not like guns in video games.

this is one of the reasons we have so much contorversy in the USA over gun control and the right to bare firearms.

... people need to realise they were made for only 1 purpose. KILL

all it takes is one bullet... it doesnt matter ....it could be a .22 or it could be an old musket or it might be a 30mm cannon.

Most bullets are not designed to just disable people.

The 20mm on the OICW is "technically" a grenade launcher. But with GL you have to aim higher than the target is, but with the 20mm, you don't, unless he is at extreme ranges, so it could be called a cannon if you wanted to. Oh yeah, the OICW Isn't going to have the original design. They have heavily modified it, cause of the size

so does this mean I can load a P226 with explosive bullets and call it a grenade launcher? :)

To the layman, It's a cannon that fires bullets. Just smart bullets.

Edit: Okay that sounded a little harsh sorry.

You can call it easier but it acts more like a Cannon than a Gren Launcher. -end-

so does this mean I can load a P226 with explosive bullets and call it a grenade launcher? :)
No, its still a metal-pointy-thingie-shooter for me :)

To tell you the truth. IT takes alot more than 1 bullet to take some1 down with the "average" bullet.

Just watch realTV for a few days. You'll see exactly what i mean. THe only time its one shot kill is when the bullet is huge and hits the head or heart.

Uhhh... I bet if I put a skinny-ass 5.56 mm in your head, you wouldn't live more than an hour.

If someone gets shot once they usually go down from the shock and pain, it doesn't have to kill them.

Still, get shot with magnum caliber and it will leave an exit wound like a cannon ball!

This weapong looks very nice. It seems very nice to use in game too.

Speaking of going down, whats with Saving Private Ryan, and other movies like it where guys who get shot go limp and sort of lurch when they hit the ground? Its not like their dead. Remided me of ragdoll physics...

I just shot my Dad's old FBI gun yesterday. Started out with the good ol' .308s, yeah it was fine. When I shot his magnum .357s the guy next to me flinched and started laughing... You don't need the bullets to knock someone down, the shockwave will, hehe. :eek:

Its a Six-shooter by the way. It shoots out this big ol' flame thats a foot long too.

Surprisingly, I am absolutely HORRIBLE with my Dad's .40 Sig. This thing kicks even more than the .308/.357 magnum gun. So hopefully, they put back the old school .357 into HL2.

that'd be the diffrence between the semi-auto's action vs the revolver...

i could drop anyone of any size with 1 bullet of any size.

Bah, I even tried shooting 1 shot per 10 seconds. Didn't help. My hand was shaking too much because of my anticipation of the Sig's Godly recoil. Aren't Semi-autos supposed has less recoil than a revolver since most of your strength is spent doing the ol' pull back and let go? ( And NO my last sentence was NOT sexual... for you sickos out there :dozey: )

My results of that day...

Revolver: 70% chance to get bullseye from 25 - 35 yards away.

Sig: 10% chance... WTH?

Edit: Hunter... you ever shot a gun before?

Originally posted by FatCombine

Edit: Hunter... you ever shot a gun before?

LOL. I own guns...lots of them. I wouldnt say something like i said without having first hand experience. I guess i could tell you what guns i own but most people never believe me when i do.

Just watch realTV for a few days. You'll see exactly what i mean. THe only time its one shot kill is when the bullet is huge and hits the head or heart.

And that is exactly why RealTV shows them videos......because they are very rare

Most of us in here aren't saying that EVERYTIME somebody gets shot they will instantly die, in fact, with the Medical breakthroughs today, alot of people will live from wounds. What I think most of them are trying to say, is if somebody gets shot, no matter where they get shot, they will most likely be rendered uncapable of fighting back.

Oh yeah, and just to give an example that small bullets can do alot of damage, this guy in my town got shot by .22 hit him in the lungs. He died before reaching the hospital

It was accidental btw, some stupid 14 year old kids was randomly shooting there guns in the air. I hope they get there a$$es put in Juvi

:EDIT: Made mistake

bullets comes back down at the same velocity that they go up, its called terminal velocity. Thats why its not safe to shoot guns in the air on new years eve, eventually the bullets comes back down and hit stuff.

"Speaking of going down, whats with Saving Private Ryan, and other movies like it where guys who get shot go limp and sort of lurch when they hit the ground? Its not like their dead. Remided me of ragdoll physics..."

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The action of a bullet shooting forward is not so powerful that the recoil (reaction) knocks you on your butt. So the impact of the bullet is not what knocks you four feet over your ass, contrary to popular special effects (unless it's a BIG-ass caliber). An example of this is the North Hollywood bank robbery/shootout, where the cops' 9mm bullets bounced off the vests of the robbers. The bullet force did not knock them on their asses obviously. I've seen people get shot, and you just drop. Saving private ryan was VERY real. Some people react differently depending on how their nervous system reacts, but for the most part it looks like a heavy puppet when the strings get cut. The violent part is more what the bullet does to the flesh, not how the body jerks around.

And for the record, an m16 is really just a high-powered .22, so think about the "bullet size being weak" statements.

Bullets do not have to come down at the same speed they went up. Terminal velocity is a product of Gravity (pretty constant around here) and drag (so the shape of the object). If the bullet is fired upwards at a speed greater than its terminal velocity then it will not reach it on the way down. Although I'm being pedantic because a bullet is aerodynamic so its Terminal velocity is probably higher than most muzzle velocities, but this forum is about being pedantic!

Also in physics at school we did a theoretical analysis of bullet momentum and found it would move the average person at about .3m/s or summit. That kind of momentum is easily involuntarily shrugged off by our balance.

Originally posted by Dsty2001
Oh yeah, and just to give an example that small bullets can do alot of damage, this guy in my town got shot by .22 hit him in the lungs. He died before reaching the hospital

It was accidental btw, some stupid 14 year old kids was randomly shooting there guns in the air. I hope they get there a$$es put in Juvi

:EDIT: Made mistake
Did he get shot by a .22 Pistol or a Rifle? I know for one thing that .22 Pistols are grossly inaccurate ( Well, most if not all ), and are mostly ineffective to people.

Originally posted by FatCombine
*wink* Hunter.. *wink* *wink* :cheese:.

Did he get shot by a .22 Pistol or a Rifle? I know for one thing that .22 Pistols are grossly inaccurate ( Well, most if not all ), and are mostly ineffective to people.

it all depends on the pistol....when i first started shooting my dad had gotten me a .22 ruger.....its VERY accurate.

I got shot with a .22 pistol in the shin....and well its definitly not "ineffective" ok...it hurts like bloody hell.

Heh, shrugging off 10 bullets from an MP7?

Yeah right, lets see you try.

it all depends on the pistol....when i first started shooting my dad had gotten me a .22 ruger.....its VERY accurate.
Ow, thats gonna hurt in the morning. How did you shoot yourself anyway? Problem is, normal .22s bounce off light bodyarmor from about 200 - 300 yards away. Wait, you know what? It probably wont even get that far he he.

Thanks for clearing that up, Sgt Nate.

But yea, an M16 shoots 5.56 mm (or a .22), AK's shoot 7.62 (or .308).

Obviously, size doesn't matter so much, if a 5.56 from an M16 is much more lethal than a bullet almost twice the size from a pistol (Beretta).

EDIT: Speaking of getting shot, one of my daredevil friends and his buddies were hunting for shrooms (I live in Maine) and the the farmer thought they were trying to tip over his cows (which kills them) so he fires a warning shot, and since I was on my friends lawn and the guy didn't see me, a pellet hit me in the thigh! I ducked when I heard the shot, and then my leg started hurting like hell because I just ducked with a bullet in my leg. So I sort of fell over sideways and starting screaming. I was 16 at the time.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
i could drop anyone of any size with 1 bullet of any size.

looks like you have god like powers.
I have seen on TAPE too many tiems 1 random placed bullet never stopping some1.

Seems like REALTV and several other shows/ news footage use CGI?

Back