MP7-PDW...the dinky gun?

Did he get shot by a .22 Pistol or a Rifle? I know for one thing that .22 Pistols are grossly inaccurate ( Well, most if not all ), and are mostly ineffective to people.

It was a rifle, and when I say they was wildy shooting in the air, thats exactly what they was doing. Obviously they wasnt shooting straight up, otherwise it wouldnt have hit that dude, cause he was 200 yards away (Rough estimate) when it hit him

I have seen on TAPE too many tiems 1 random placed bullet never stopping some1.

RealTV wouldn't shot it otherwise

Your not listening, RealTV puts on things that happened to real people that was extrordinary. Of course they will put a tape of somebody getting shot 10 times, cause for them to live through such a thing, is a miracle. I know a cop that got shot in the stomach with 6 .38 rounds, and he still lived (And even shot<And killed> the dude that shot him)
That LUCK right there, and the fact it missed 2 major organs within centimeters was luck also. But most people aren't so lucky

Originally posted by FatCombine
Ow, thats gonna hurt in the morning. How did you shoot yourself anyway? Problem is, normal .22s bounce off light bodyarmor from about 200 - 300 yards away. Wait, you know what? It probably wont even get that far he he.

i didnt shoot myself someone shot me

The smell of burning flesh of a bullet that went into my bone.....yea, it hurts.

MP5 is crap. Its the most over rated submachine gun and is probably used in every modern first person shooter. Im glad there is no MP5.

actually the mp5 is a very good gun, much more reliable than the m4/m16. ask anyone in the military, and they'll tell u that.

Did he get shot by a .22 Pistol or a Rifle? I know for one thing that .22 Pistols are grossly inaccurate ( Well, most if not all ), and are mostly ineffective to people

yeah they might be kinda inaccurate, but the .22 richochet all around. i seen a guy get hit in the side of his torso with a 22 and the bullet ended up in his wallet.

anyways arent most pistols inaccurate because of the short barrel?

Originally posted by bizzy420
yeah they might be kinda inaccurate, but the .22 richochet all around. i seen a guy get hit in the side of his torso with a 22 and the bullet ended up in his wallet.

anyways arent most pistols inaccurate because of the short barrel?

only at ranges farther than 40-60 yards....

And yes the mp5 is crap.....for gaems at least. Im sure the mp5 is a good weapon but i have never used one in real life. Too many games have the mp5. Im gald theres no mp5 in hl2....or even if there is...they have other smgs.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
Hell i know very little about guns. But i still have my common sence thank god. I dont want to be shot. I dont care if its from a 20mm cannon or a glock. I still dont want to be shot.

::gives the "Single most sensible thing said in the entire thread" award to marksman::

Its true, it dont matter if your shot with a .22, a 30-06, a .50 cal, an RPG round(LOL) Whatever. Getting shot is getting shot, when you get hit your down for the count. The rest is up to the amount of will power you have(or where you were shot).

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Its true, it dont matter if your shot with a .22, a 30-06, a .50 cal, an RPG round(LOL) Whatever. Getting shot is getting shot, when you get hit your down for the count. The rest is up to the amount of will power you have(or where you were shot).

yea thats true for pretty much every caliber 99.9% of the time.

The only thing is, the .22. The .22 isnt used in wars now anyway so it dosnt matter that much, but there are certain spots where you can take a .22 and be fine (except for pain)

The only gun ever taken into battle that used .22 was the Hi standard.

i dont really care bout al ur tlak the original discussion was about the pdw not the glock the usp or the berettas.
on a side note: does anyone know why valve is so obsessed with heckler and kosch?

Originally posted by mindless_moder
i dont really care bout al ur tlak the original discussion was about the pdw not the glock the usp or the berettas.
on a side note: does anyone know why valve is so obsessed with heckler and kosch?

Why dose i matter, any product H&K makes is top quality.

.22 pistols ARE accurate... so many uninformed people post here its sad. Do yourself a favor and dont think that anything posted on this forum is fact 99.9999% of it is bullsh*t.

BTW certain skilled professionals shoot .22 pistols in competitions and hit targets at up to 100 yards.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
yea thats true for pretty much every caliber 99.9% of the time.

The only thing is, the .22. The .22 isnt used in wars now anyway so it dosnt matter that much, but there are certain spots where you can take a .22 and be fine (except for pain)

The only gun ever taken into battle that used .22 was the Hi standard.

standard 5.56mm is a .223

thats the bases for alot of modern weapons......

such as the M16/M4 (thats right CS kiddies..those are .22s)

Yes the M16 fires highpower .22 rifle rounds. Tell me again .22s dont kill people.

when that is the standard caliber for the standard assualt rifle....for the most powerful military on the planet.

people are still talking about how it takes more than 1 bullet stll .....

Its true .......... 1 bullet MAY not kill you, but is sure as hell CAN.

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Calm yourself; it's just a game...
---------------------------------------------------

"Agreed. And I don't fahqing agree with anyone."

Thats my whole point...... Its not just a game.(referring to guns not HL2)

mabey they SHOULD make games like CS illegal for people under 18.......

If you cant tell the differance between real-life and a game.....

you should not be playing that game.

Just a tip for all you idiots that think it takes 30 rounds from a tank to kill .......

if someone starts shooting....dont try and bust out with CS bunnyhoping tactics.....just run.

Originally posted by crabcakes66
standard 5.56mm is a .223

thats the bases for alot of modern weapons......

such as the M16/M4 (thats right CS kiddies..those are .22s)

Yes the M16 fires highpower .22 rifle rounds. Tell me again .22s dont kill people.

when that is the standard caliber for the standard assualt rifle....for the most powerful military on the planet.

people are still talking about how it takes more than 1 bullet stll .....

Its true .......... 1 bullet MAY not kill you, but is sure as hell CAN.

hehe i know that. But there are some spots where you can take .22 rounds and be fine. SOME places. If you manage to get hit in the left flank near your abs you could be fine if it dosnt hit any organs. Besides the pain and bleeding there wouldnt be much holding you back. (not that bleeding isnt serious of course)

Though bigger rounds like 9mm and .40 and .45 would just be too much force to keep on fighting, even if it was in the same spot as i said above.

I could really care less about .22 rounds and assault rifles that use them. Sure maybe some have specialized magazines that can shoot them but right now no body uses them.

Kevlar and body armor alike may keep you alive, but its not going to keep you fighting for very long. If body armor manages to stop a rifle round like a 7.62 round then not only would the victim be lucky, but also have the wind knocked out of them. Same with other powerfull rounds.

I have heard stories of cops with kevlar being shot with .50 rounds and living, except being knocked out from the super hard impact. Just goes to show you it may not kill you but your not going to shoot back.

The point is you do not continue fighting after you have been shot.

Lol, the main reason i quit cs is that you could take headshots and live....

You can pretty much survive headshots from 85% of the weapons in cs.....that alone makes the game shit. I cant imagine why anyone would want to play that after shooting someone in the face 3 times with a glock and having them live.

if someone starts shooting....dont try and bust out with CS bunnyhoping tactics.....just run.

lol. I would laugh my ass of if i saw someone in real life who did something like that. Lol some 11 year old comes around a corner and sees 3 iraqis with ak47s...they shoot at him....he says shit, they almost took half my hp away. LOL he runs out and tries to bunny hop and gets shot once and dies like a little prick.

**** it, id shoot someone for doing that.

hehe i know that. But there are some spots where you can take .22 rounds and be fine. SOME places. If you manage to get hit in the left flank near your abs you could be fine if it dosnt hit any organs. Besides the pain and bleeding there wouldnt be much holding you back. (not that bleeding isnt serious of course)

My ranting part of that post wasnt directed at you :)

i know just trying to back you up since most of the ppl here dont know what they are talking about lol...

Heh...never thought people would take this personal...

Plenty of valid points here.

1.) Yes indeed, one bullet, regardless of the caliber, is all it takes to kill someone. Sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's skill...but usually more of the first than the second.

2.) Yes, getting hit with a bullet sucks! Shock, pain....it's bad news...but it doesn't always mean that the guy you're shooting at is down for the count. A good friend of mine, a cop, had a run in where he managed to hit a guy with four rounds, and the guy kept running AND shooting back at him. Guy lived as well. The cop took one round in the leg and had to retire because of disability.

3.) One's aim in a gun fight goes right out the window the second the first bullet is fired. That's why people miss-a-plenty. Where a PDW-class weapon comes in handy is when you're in close quarters and it's all spray'n'pray. It is a defensive weapon. I could definitely see this weapon issued to pilots, tank crews, etc.

4.) SMG's have a place with the police, SWAT, etc. Close quarters combat, or the need for silenced weapons is where a sub-sonic round is the place to be. If there is any possibility of being caught in a mid or long range fight, those SMG's will sit in the gun cabinets, and the M16's/M4's come into play. These weapons have about forty years of reliability in action both, something that has considerable value when one jammed round can mean life and death. This is the reason that SMG's and fancy semi-auto sniper rifles almost never find there way to offensive infantry troops. In war, there isn't time to keep weapons maintained after every engagement. This is something to keep in mind.

5.) Part of my commentary and opinion rests in both realism and the game's fiction. The combine invaders have swept aside the world's standing armies. Human-alien hybrids...or whatever you want to call them, obviously have been designed with a purpose in mind. One of being killing machines. Body armor with ceramic plates. I want serious stopping power. That's what this thread is about.

i agree, in most situations, one shot and you're down for the count

but also to add something, there are plenty of stories from the eastern front of WWII where Germans were trying to hold off the mad rush assaults of Russian soldiers and the Germans resorted to their Lugars with 9mm parabellum rounds. well, some of the time, when the bullet didn't take the Russian full in the chest or head, it would seem as if the Russian didn't notice he was shot and would continue charging, only to bleed out later.

sometimes that will happen if someone is in the sort of state of mind. Though lol, if it was in the chest, im sure our good ol real life physics would send them charging russians on thier asses.

keep in mind that unlike games and movies depict, a bullet does not send someone flying, and in fact, has a very negligable physical impact on them, in terms of force applied and absorbed

Originally posted by Doobz
keep in mind that unlike games and movies depict, a bullet does not send someone flying, and in fact, has a very negligable physical impact on them, in terms of force applied and absorbed

lol doobz, go back and read all of my other posts. I clearly know the difference between real life and movies....i own several firearms as well.

Actually yes, if a bullet was stong enough it could send you.....5 feet back. If there was a human being charging at you, and you shot them in the upper body, they would do half a flip and land on their back...trust me. Of course a 9mm luger wouldnt do that i was just making a point in the other thread. A person would need like a .380 or .50 round to do something like that.

EDIT- also another thing, theres a famous raw footage video that shows this....there was a man that was about to jump off the roof of a building with a hostage (this was a personal recored video, and no damnit it is not on realtv) anyway the man is about to jump...he gets 2 feet in the air and the police officers on the other side shot him so many times, that it sent him right back onto the roof top. No lie. They had shotguns and berettas. He was about 2 feet high and 2 feet off the edge when he had been shot.

how the hell did they get in position to shoot him back onto the bridge? wouldn't they have to be standing in midair or at least walking on water or something?

EDIT: oh, building, but still, how did they get in a position to do that?
also, with that many rounds going into him at once, it's possible the accumulated physical force was enough to push him back, but that's have to be ALOT of rounds, seeing as a 9mm only applies about .03ms, like that guy said, an amount usually subconsiously dealt with

also, even a single .50 wouldn't send a man flying, it would more likely pass right through him, although it would leave a rather large hole

how the hell did they get in position to shoot him back onto the bridge? wouldn't they have to be standing in midair or at least walking on water or something?

ehh, no. Not a bridge, it was a 4 story building. The police force was on the roof top of another building across the street. It wasnt that big of a gap. Barely a 2 lane road. They were at the same level as he was just 20-30 feet away.

lol doobz, go back and read all of my other posts. I clearly know the difference between real life and movies....i own several firearms as well.

Actually yes, if a bullet was stong enough it could send you.....5 feet back. If there was a human being charging at you, and you shot them in the upper body, they would do half a flip and land on their back...trust me. Of course a 9mm luger wouldnt do that i was just making a point in the other thread. A person would need like a .380 or .50 round to do something like that.

EDIT- also another thing, theres a famous raw footage video that shows this....there was a man that was about to jump off the roof of a building with a hostage (this was a personal recored video, and no damnit it is not on realtv) anyway the man is about to jump...he gets 2 feet in the air and the police officers on the other side shot him so many times, that it sent him right back onto the roof top. No lie. They had shotguns and berettas. He was about 2 feet high and 2 feet off the edge when he had been shot.

That's disturbing but i almost want to see.

also, even a single .50 wouldn't send a man flying, it would more likely pass right through him, although it would leave a rather large hole

99 times out of 100 yes....but remember...it would also depend on weather its dead center chest bone or just flesh and ribs...im sure it would have more of a knocking back effect(even if the bullet impact itself wasnt the main cuase)with a upper-center chest shot.

i can see somone getting thrown back from a 12 gauge.......

.....god that has to ****ing hurt for the few seconds that you are alive....

ouch!........ this thread has become rather disturbing. But......

Thanku, thanku (holds up award).

I would like to dedicate this to all those who have enough common sence to know that being shot is a bad thing. (almost everyone).

99 times out of 100 yes....but remember...it would also depend on weather its dead center chest bone or just flesh and ribs...im sure it would have more of a knocking back effect(even if the bullet impact itself wasnt the main cuase)with a upper-center chest shot.

i can see somone getting thrown back from a 12 gauge.......

.....god that has to ****ing hurt for the few seconds that you are alive....

i've read up on ballistics alot, and even a twelve guage has negligable "knock back"

see, when bullets hit, there's very little surface area coming in contact with flesh, now, you could have a 50 pound round hit somebody, but if it was shaped like a needle it wouldn't knock him back at all

the same goes for .50 rounds and such, even if it hits full on in the chest sternum, the knock back effect you see so often in movies is gonna be so negligable to be not visible

i suppose you might see a knock back effect on rounds upwards of 20mm, but honestly, who the hell caries a 20mm in their pocket?

the man wasnt armored, so its likely they were using hollow point 9mm rounds too. They are made to inflict maximum damage to a un-armored target without making an exit wound.

ps...your not gonna get shot with a 12 gauge and still be standing, your gonna be knocked back and to the floor (killing you of course) im not saying you would get launched lol, but 2-3 feet is still a lot...

i've read up on ballistics alot, and even a twelve guage has negligable "knock back"

see, when bullets hit, there's very little surface area coming in contact with flesh, now, you could have a 50 pound round hit somebody, but if it was shaped like a needle it wouldn't knock him back at all

the same goes for .50 rounds and such, even if it hits full on in the chest sternum, the knock back effect you see so often in movies is gonna be so negligable to be not visible

i suppose you might see a knock back effect on rounds upwards of 20mm, but honestly, who the hell caries a 20mm in their pocket?

I honestly can say ive never seen someone be shot with a 12 guage or .50 (or anything else unless it was on tv).....so i really dont know......even if not from the impact.....they would probobly jerk back and fall from nervous system shock....atleast making it look like it was a direct result of the bullet impact.

I don't understand why they would shoot him full of lead to "save" him from falling?! was he taking the hostage down with him? in that case I still can't understand why they would fire at him and the hostage. It doesn't make any sense, why not let him fall? I have to see the video to understand what happened because from what I read in your post it sounds as if it's a scene from a Jetli movie lol :)

I am intreguied to see this video, but i could not watch it cos i guess with him being shot by shotguns and pistols it would not be a pretty sight

And dont post a link :) ;)

Back