MP7-PDW...the dinky gun?

Originally posted by Wilco
They'd need a bloody artillery piece to do that.
Blood on a gun doesnt alter ballistics characteristics* (unless its slippery, but you dont hold an artillery piece). So they only need a regular artillery piece.

*It does make it look cooler though

Originally posted by dawdler
Blood on a gun doesnt alter ballistics characteristics* (unless its slippery, but you dont hold an artillery piece). So they only need a regular artillery piece.

ehehe.....smartass :p

I thought that a shotgun would have a knockback effect because of the spreading effect of the pellets.:rolling:

Still i think that unless the gun is supported in some other way then just in the hands of the shooter, the knockback will be negligible. Otherwise the shooter would also fall over, it will definitly not make them flip over, whichever dumb shit said theat.

on the subject of what weapons have the power to knock people around and what weapons don't...

Aparantly greandes aren't supposed to send people flying 30 feet away from the explosion. I've heard from people who'ved used grenades that the force of the explosion is about that of a strong kick, all the lethal force comes from all the shrapnel. However the force of he shrapnel is not all that strong, just fast moving.

Supposadly, putting a kevlar helmet over a 'nade, and sitting on it will not cause you to die. You''d have probably been thrown to the ground and your ass will hurt from the shock, but the shrapnel wouldn't have penetrated the helmet, thus not turning your ass into ground beef.

erm, yeah shrapnel = the killer :)

BUT, the shockwave force of the nade is very effective too especialy at close range.
In vietnam soldiers used to throw grenades into the water at the enemy. The shrapnel wasnt the killer there.
The shockwave travelled faster through the water and burst peoples heart valves. Nasty way to go. The same effect can be achieved with a true High explosive grenade at close range and not a fragmentation nade.

Incidently Bruce lee used his one inch punch to the same effect. The force generated was enough to burst a persons heart valves. How cool is that!!!! :p

EDIT: I do know something worth posting after all. :p

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
One rifle i would have liked to see in HL2 is the AK5. Its a eurpeon rifles, and hl2 is in europe.

http://world.guns***/assault/as35-e.htm

btw, concerning the glocks, there was a video put out on the internet a little while ago of the police shooting a man who was walking away from them, after he got out of his car, after a long chase. It took 2 police officers putting over 15 rounds into him with their glocks before he finally went down at a distance of 10-15 feet, and only after they hit him in the head. sure it'll get the job done, but it's not enough to stop a perp immediately.

Originally posted by festivalman
btw, concerning the glocks, there was a video put out on the internet a little while ago of the police shooting a man who was walking away from them, after he got out of his car, after a long chase. It took 2 police officers putting over 15 rounds into him with their glocks before he finally went down at a distance of 10-15 feet, and only after they hit him in the head. sure it'll get the job done, but it's not enough to stop a perp immediately.
Doesnt sound like good policing to me... :dozey:

sounds to me like he was either on drugs, absolutely hyper on addrenalin, had some weird condition where he felt no pain, was one hard bas*ard, wore kevalar Or all of the above.

I mean come on I bet those 14 bullets hit his belt buckle and some oversized titanium buttons on his shirt lol.

Originally posted by dawdler

No you need a bloody artillery piece. Normal artillery piece fire upwards and thus the shell lands downwards on the person. This will no cause them to move back onto the building, but down, Also the hostage won't like it too much. Also normal artillery pieces aren't accurate enough.

A bloody artillery piece is my own design (My company is called Bloody). It fires across using a flat shell, which will not penetrate the personas well but provide a strong force to push them back onto the roof. Also as it is non-explosive the hostage will not be harmed.

smartass.

hehe I usually dont even bother what type of weapon it is :)

I just point and click and hope I see some gibs :E

If not I switch to grenades and wait for my health to drop by about 60 ;)

That Ak5 looks like a cross-breeding between a colt and a galil.

And Sayam I'm warning you I'm going to steal your avatar hehe :D!!

A friend of mine got shot in the leg by a rubber bullet while rioting. He said it was the most painfull, mind numbing thing he ever experienced. It was so painfull, he threw up. He's still got a scar from it.

I can't imagine what getting shot by a real bullet, no matter what the caliber, would be like.

You guys who think one bullet is nothing, need a reality check. Computer games != real life.

what a pussy he puked and said it was the most painful thing he ever expierienced... loser!

jk...ow.....

no, even a shotgun will not knock somebody back, they might recoild from the pain, but it will not do anything noticeably to your balance at all

thats bollox, the energy has to go somewhere, though its probably only gonna be a few feet

/edit, though i stress its not gonna mak you take off and fly back a few feet, it will just shove your balance off enough to move you.

I go to muay thai boxing lessons every sunday. Last lesson we worked particulaly hard on the side thrust kick. ( The one Bruce Lee is famous for). I was holding a pad that is a good two feat long 1.5 feet wide and 0.5 feet in thickness. When I got kicked by one of the seniors who is a proper tank, i left the ground and travelled bk 2 foot. And thats on not full power. And thats with me braceing. Admitadly i only weigh about 11 stone. But dont think i am week please. I can do over 115 full pressups in one go (And i dont mean crapy cheating ones either!, and yeah i am proud :p) I was braceing hard basicaly. I still got the bruses.

I would hate to think what would happen if i got shot by a shotgun at close range. I honesting dont think i would be standing.

no, you wouldn't be standing, but you wouldn't go flying either

guys, i'll pull up a link for you that shows the math, but bullets and especially shotgun pellets have little mass compared to you, and although they do have plenty of energy when they strike, that energy is absorbed and takes the form of tissue damage, it doesn't move you.

http://intuitor.com/moviephysics/mpmain.html#glass

there's the math

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
I go to muay thai boxing lessons every sunday. Last lesson we worked particulaly hard on the side thrust kick. ( The one Bruce Lee is famous for). I was holding a pad that is a good two feat long 1.5 feet wide and 0.5 feet in thickness. When I got kicked by one of the seniors who is a proper tank, i left the ground and travelled bk 2 foot. And thats on not full power. And thats with me braceing. Admitadly i only weigh about 11 stone. But dont think i am week please. I can do over 115 full pressups in one go (And i dont mean crapy cheating ones either!, and yeah i am proud :p) I was braceing hard basicaly. I still got the bruses.

I would hate to think what would happen if i got shot by a shotgun at close range. I honesting dont think i would be standing.
D'oh, I was born in Thailand and lived there for 11 years... I wanted to learn muay thai, but I never had a chance to do it. My moms 48 and she can kick my hiney, easily.

For some reason, I think she learned some WAY back.

ogrish has a view somewhere there of a protestor/rebel (i forget which) walking out of a building pretty much into where the police were. for whatever reason, the police man there shot him point blank in the chest with a shotgun blast. it didn't even move him back in the least, but he pretty much crumbled to the ground as he started to lose a lot of blood. he died about 5 minutes later. you don't remain standing because of the loss of blood, severe shock to your nervous system which as a defense mechanism can make you vomit or pass out, or because a vital organ has been so severely damaged that it can't sustain you anymore. what some people on here are probably thinking of in terms of being knocked back, is the explosion at the end of the barrel that you see in a lot of the games because you have the gun muzzle touching your targets head. from 15 feet away, a shotgun blast to a guy's head would still kill him, but it wouldn't take his head off. a shotgun blast with the muzzle in his mouth with leave nothing but a stump. it's just the pellets, vs. pellets + blast.

sure its not realistic when people go thrown backwards, but its awesome to watch it in movies =]

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
MP5 is crap. Its the most over rated submachine gun and is probably used in every modern first person shooter. Im glad there is no MP5.

Valve knows this too....they didnt add the 4 weapons that are used in every game.....berreta, mp5, m16/m4, m249. Nobody wants to freaking use the same guns in every damn game.

Actually Barney is using a MP5-PDW in the Barricade video, so it is in the game. I'm sure it's available in MP.

BTW I own many guns, both pistols and rifles, so I know my stuff. I've shot a MP5 (semi-auto version) and I must say it really is the perfect weapon. Perfect balance, zero recoil, and accurate as hell. The only draw back is that 9mm doesn't have that much stoping power (although hollow points shooting at an unarmored target would be devastating.)

Personally I would like to see a Benelli or Berreta full auto assault 12 gauage, Sig P226 9mm pistol (I own one), and something akin to that rifle in the movie Eraser ;)

Fat combine. Its never too late. And its always fun! well untill you get your ass kiked in sparing :p
What makes me laugh is that people say that thai boxing is ungracefull and useless as a martial art in a real fight. :O
its amazing to think that really isnt it.
Oh and i am incredibaly lucky. I live in England in Nottingham and it just so happens that my instructer is a previous world champ from thailand! He is quality, but not quite in his prime anymore. Hes now a cheff. That gives you a rough idea of his condition :p

hmm, the mp5 model in the baracade vid is a world model, the world model of the mp5 is still in as a placeholder, Gabe has already said the mp5 is not in the game

Originally posted by MaDMaXX
hmm, the mp5 model in the baracade vid is a world model, the world model of the mp5 is still in as a placeholder, Gabe has already said the mp5 is not in the game

Hmm... I've read all of the interviews and all of the posts in the infamous "value info only" tread (in additon to chat transcripts), and I can't remember seeing Gabe say that the MP5 wasn't in there.

On the other hand I wasn't really concerned about it, as I assumed it would be in the game, so I could have seen it and overlooked it or missed it. Either way I'm sure the weapons will be fun as hell in the game regardless.

i heard alltogether theres gonna be 25. Dont we only know of 15? That could leave room for anything....magnums...other smg's..otehr assault rifles. Who knows

Back