My Dad Is Just Plain Nuts

ThrasherX9 said:
Wow! What an intellegent post! **** this, **** that, **** him? Where'd you learn to speak? :rolleyes:
I can clearly see violent games had no effect on you.

How about, people are always looking for a scapegoat. Instead of bad parenting, it's violent movies, hyper-active kids, angry music, and violent video games. Pop 'em a few ridlens and see ya! But, it also does depend on the child, good upbringing or not and is ultimately decided by the parent what's best for the child.

If your Dad doesn't want you to play violent video games and watch violent movies he must think it'll taint your virgin eyes. Maybe he's just being a good parent? :monkee:

And it's not like it helps when your country is telling you what you should use as a scapegoat, indeed, your government is telling you that various things that youngsters like are evil and that they aren't to be given any blame themselves(this is mostly concerning the US, yeah).

Edit: Forgot this. Some kids just shouldn't be allowed to play M rated videogames, I'll agree on that(you're asking for it if you give a kid with a disillusioned view a game like HL2. or an adult, for that matter). But they shouldn't get to watch alot of the things that are in the news, either.

Well, I care dude. The problem is, everyone is different. Games do not affect all people in the same way.

I've been playing games for about 16 years now, some ultra-violent rated M games when I was much younger. I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, or commit any crimes worth mentioning. You can't blame it on games or the media, it's true that Mature Entertainment might be a contributing factor to an already existing problem. Its just an enviromental issue, its a combination of many things that drive criminals to do the things they do. I get upset everytime I read "Parent sues Rockstar over child's death"

Is it Rockstar's fault that your kid went crazy and killed someone, what about the other 30 million owners of GTA that lead normal lives? Is it Rockstar's fault that your kid had access to guns? Is it Rockstar's fault that you don't supervise your own child? Where are the parents in these cases? They are hiding in their ignorance until after the fact, Then they are crying in the courtroom looking for compensation for "their baby", placing the blame on everyone except themselves. Because by God, THEY can't be held responsible for their children's actions. No way, not in this day and age.

Your dad has every right to censor your videogame playing, but you should talk to him about it, present some suggestions, inform him of the other side. Games don't affect all people the same way. Thats the basic message.

ThrasherX9 said:
Wow! What an intellegent post! **** this, **** that, **** him? Where'd you learn to speak? :rolleyes:
I can clearly see violent games had no effect on you.

How about, people are always looking for a scapegoat. Instead of bad parenting, it's violent movies, hyper-active kids, angry music, and violent video games. Pop 'em a few ridlens and see ya! But, it also does depend on the child, good upbringing or not and is ultimately decided by the parent what's best for the child.

If your Dad doesn't want you to play violent video games and watch violent movies he must think it'll taint your virgin eyes. Maybe he's just being a good parent? :monkee:
Hm... When I was 8-9, violent movies made me angry because of pointless killings. "it wont die!! why wont it die!" Oh I forgot, it is that masked guy in holloween, you know, that human that couldnt die even though you melted him down? totally unrealistic, pissed me off so much...

I ran around only when I HAD to, I am rather idled, I dont like running around.

Angry music... uuhh, I am thinking you mean rock and rap, I like them both but I never really got angry over them and started running around going "yo homie, i'ma gonna shoot you!" whatever you mean, I think that is what you mean.

And violent video games, my first violent video game was warcraft 2, after my human footman got killed by a grunt on the first level I squirmed out and stopped playing for a week :LOL:

So, the thing is I stopped playing because I thought I would lose, and I wasnt ready for failure on the first game, I wanted to win, it has nothing to do with the above, the entire "they cant handle it because they are younger" is complete Ignorance of the superiorly aged people, they think because they have been around longer that they know how it all works, but that is not how it is, it is simply some people can take it, while others can not, it's a mental capability factor, plain and simple.

Back