New Binks

hehe, I had that same thought B. Calhoun.

[edit] I HATE responding to someone only to start a new page. :p

did you guys see the mans face of the zombie? looks awesome. its the zombies he kills when the new footage starts, the ones that get cut in half

Theres black metal pods everywhere, 2 in the first area with the hanging corpse, one where he picks up the barrel.. im thinking the headcrabs came from inside them.

Just noticed something on the Ravenholm video. Just before Gordon picks up the barrel with his hands, there's a giant piece of what looks like Combine technology. It looks similar to the amateur footage shot on some guy who visited Valve's camera phone, in which a Combine 'pod' crashed near Gordon and headcrabs poured out.

I reckon these pods were shot from the Combine Citadel into Ravenholm to zombify any survivors residing there. ;)

Edit: looks like me and Lobster are on the same track.

bate18 said:
did you guys see the mans face of the zombie? looks awesome. its the zombies he kills when the new footage starts, the ones that get cut in half
Yeah i can see myself getting the creeps as i walk over to the body only to hear that screaming.....it will be awsome to set the zombies on fire aswell.

For fileplanet subscribers, check under 'top 50 newest>movies'. You'll find stuff in the 'newest' section that doesn't show up yet on the main page (or at all).

Tequila said:
Just noticed something on the Ravenholm video. Just before Gordon picks up the barrel with his hands, there's a giant piece of what looks like Combine technology. It looks similar to the amateur footage shot on some guy who visited Valve's camera phone, in which a Combine 'pod' crashed near Gordon and headcrabs poured out.

I reckon these pods were shot from the Combine Citadel into Ravenholm to zombify any survivors residing there. ;)

Edit: looks like me and Lobster are on the same track.

I was thinking about that very movie, with the blue energy beam behind it, sadly those videos are disabled on this site, dammit!

Sub_Lon said:
What's the name of a good torrent prog without spyware?

bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

azureus.sourceforge.net

bittornado.com/

I have to say i love those binks =) but i don't get why they updated CS:S again but no hl2 preload :( that's a bit dissapointing

McFace said:
I'll wait till FP has it, some of us do have subscriptions.

Most of us have it already before File Planet even puts it up. You see, fileplanet sucks.

*bump* finished Ravenholm on first mirror and am now uploading to second. Should be done in 2 minutes.

OMFG THIS GAME IS GONNA KICK THE SHITE OUTTA DOOM3.

I remember when all the Doom3 bum boys were saying that it was gonna be so much better than HL2.

Running about in coridoors is nothing compared to what HL2 is gonna be.

I can see them all come crawling back right now.

you can hear breens television message right from the start of the bink, although large chunks are missing because of the music and the noise of the combine. it starts of something like this:

"let me read a letter i recently recieved: dear dr breen, why has the combine...." (drowned out by noise for the next 5/10 seconds) "....sincerly, a concerned citizen."

then he goes on for a while about the 'benefactors' again, and something about the well-being of the species. then you hear the message about a criminal being detected and the combine troops pouring in from the way you came.

this game looks fantastic all over again.

What the hell is that? He was never 'shiny' in the shakey cam videos.

Varsity said:

They are wearing armour and stuff. I suppose, that's what the shinyness is coming from, don't know about you but I like it.

The shakey cam vids are horribly low-res, you know that.

What bothers me is how it vanishes when he moves.

The combine wear mainly cloth, you know that. ;)

And at the end of Ravensholm, is Gordon headcrabbed or something?

Varsity said:

Yea, i noticed that. I actually liked it. I noticed how well shined their boots are :D

Is it just me, or are the Metrocops the sort of people who could universally be referred to as "Prats"...?

They act like jerks, they swagger around in shiny boots, they hit you with their stunbatons...

Brian Damage said:
Is it just me, or are the Metrocops the sort of people who could universally be referred to as "Prats"...?

They act like jerks, they swagger around in shiny boots, they hit you with their stunbatons...

Yep theyre really scary.... like in the Tenements video, when gordons going to walk up the stairs and this combine walks after him... it really scared me! :D

Brian Damage said:

Yep - I can assure you that in my second time through - I'll cheat and get the crowbar and mess up that scripted sequence, by beating the shit out of them!

Yeah Combine Suit are shiny, I noticed it at the train station scene. Look at the combine the one who called Gordon to come to the chair room. Look at him while he moves under the light, His arms, hands, back, and leg all shines while moving. That is awsome. :D

Dr0ndeh said:
you can hear breens television message right from the start of the bink, although large chunks are missing because of the music and the noise of the combine. it starts of something like this:

"let me read a letter i recently recieved: dear dr breen, why has the combine...." (drowned out by noise for the next 5/10 seconds) "....sincerly, a concerned citizen."

then he goes on for a while about the 'benefactors' again, and something about the well-being of the species. then you hear the message about a criminal being detected and the combine troops pouring in from the way you came.

this game looks fantastic all over again.

Who would the criminal be?

Let's discuss :) (omg boringness waiting for hl2 is taking it's toll )

Headcrab ragdoll - how cool can it get!

I think they didn't show the extended footage at E3 because they are still polishing some stuff over there - some textures were pretty dull in that area - especially the hideous looking fallen leaves - get rid of that!, I prefer the rocky surface of the floor without it. Anyway - cool physics! :D

Xenome said:
Who would the criminal be?

Let's discuss :) (omg boringness waiting for hl2 is taking it's toll )

im guessing gordon :E i wonder what would happen if you just stay in that room? the combine beat you to bits with the shocksticks till you cry.

Im sure the voice said Miscount, not criminal, i think theres some sort of scanner that keeps track of how many people are in each building, somthing like that.

Back