New Binks

omg its new footage!! you can see gordon lifting something up without the manipulator, some headcrabs physics ... medkits used with the manipulator ( just like he once picked up a gun with it ) etc etc :D damn this is GREAT!!!

bah.. i leave the forums for one hour and look what happens..
bah.. now im stuck downloading at slow speeds :(

Dr. Freeman said:
bah.. i leave the forums for one hour and look what happens..
bah.. now im stuck downloading at slow speeds :(
Same here. 30kb/s for Ravenholm, 10 for Tenements :(

1 hour until Ravenholm, 1.5 hours until Tenements :(

The level of interactivity with the world is unbelievable. I can't wait to mess around with the physics in this game.

The headcrabs, now that I see them closer, look a bit different!

You know you can get these vids off filerush (DDL) at pretty decent speeds!

That's what I am doing.. Almost done!

you also get to hear what the magnum sounds like. never heard it before that.

lans said:
What do you mean "using his health"?

You mean when you pick up an object, your health drains?

Correct, Without the Manu Gun :cheers: :D

lans said:
Are you very sure?

Damn - that sucks. Worst idea ever. :x

I hop I am wrong, But From what I saw I am 100% positive.

Unless i HAVE a brain Damage and I can't see perfectly. LOL :LOL:

redrain85 said:
I take it that's when he lifts a HEAVY object? Or any object? I'm still downloading the binks. :(

I am not sure, cause he only life up the barrel with his body, or health, or suit. The point is he used 15 hp within 3-4 seconds :hmph:

Gorgon said:
I am not sure, cause he only life up the barrel with his body, or health, or suit. The point is he used 15 hp within 3-4 seconds :hmph:

I just watched that part over again when he picks up the barrel and his health never goes down...

Gorgon said:

It is a toxic barrel, isn't it? Maybe he's taking damage from that.

Democritus said:
It is a toxic barrel, isn't it? Maybe he's taking damage from that.

Now you see, THAT would make sense.

i just watched it and his health does not drain at all when he picks the barrel up.

Hardwired.hu has them both, good speed for me too (i love that site, it's always up to date, no queues, good speeds)

Eh... That symbol looks like he is using a health pack..

I will come back when I have seen the video..

I thought he was joking about that..
Definatly looks like he got a health pack..

He doesn't lose health when he picks up the barrel, only when he gets hurt by headcrabs. I guess Gorgon missed that little detail. :)

KagePrototype said:
He doesn't lose health when he picks up the barrel, only when he gets hurt by headcrabs. I guess Gorgon missed that little detail. :)

Yeah SORRY again. Check the other thread for more details on my screenshot :D

Damn, the faces of the zombies after the headcrabs come off look almost like normal :O . Never knew that :|

Attachments

• faces.JPG
    faces.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 346
Yeah.....but why does the barrel float 2 feet in from of Gordon? Wouldn't it make more sense for the barrel to be a little closer?

jsc1286 said:
Damn, the faces of the zombies after the headcrabs come off look almost like normal :O . Never knew that :|

Yeah, Now it makes sense why they screem like human. They are New fresh zombiez :D

When the zombies are coming at you, you can hear the humans screaming underneath the headcraps: Don't, Please.

So they are still aware and not brain daed. Damn, the pleading zombies freak me out more than anything in D3.

Gordon doesn't 'loose' health from the 'flammable' barrels, but he does use the manipulator to drag some health towards him, which I thought was pretty cool.

DarkStar said:
Yeah.....but why does the barrel float 2 feet in from of Gordon? Wouldn't it make more sense for the barrel to be a little closer?

Visually it would, but for easier gameplay it's nicer to have it away from you so it doesn't obscure what's in front of you so much. Probably tweaked due to user feedback.

Democritus said:
Visually it would, but for easier gameplay it's nicer to have it away from you so it doesn't obscure what's in front of you so much. Probably tweaked due to user feedback.

Good point.

Democritus said:

Also the fact that a 'grab' animation for EVERY possible thing Gordon can pick up would have definitley set the game back to 2008 :LOL:

aslong as its as snappy and easy to do as in DX and DX2, then im sure it will be just fine.

lazicsavo said:
When the zombies are coming at you, you can hear the humans screaming underneath the headcraps: Don't, Please.

So they are still aware and not brain daed. Damn, the pleading zombies freak me out more than anything in D3.

Really? The screams they made when I watched the e3 presentation really disturbed me. I don't think I'll be able to watch these videos without getting disturbed.

How much new footage are in these videos? Is there new footage in both of them?

Back