New Binks

Lobster said:
Are you pondering what im pondering, "Hmmm we need to delay the preload so lets release some sweetner movies instead!"

As postive as I generally am about HL2....I have to admit this was the first thought I had also. :(

anyone with a high speed connection who just got half the file then super fast, please seed !

Dudes, I am getting 114Kbyte for torrent links, Full speed

Sorry ... it's fileshack and not fileplanet. Either way, I'm going to wait for mirrors as well. Don't like either of those two download sites.

Someone said:
As postive as I generally am about HL2....I have to admit this was the first thought I had also. :(
"Sorry guys... We had to release the binks, so the HL2 preload is pushed back again."

j/k

np for finding the torrent :)
btw has anyone whos got past the queues at shacknews actually getting decent speeds? I'm only getting 13kb/s and its capped at 100kb/s :/

bittorent also hates me, never get decent speeds on there, think i should open some ports on router, anyone know which ones?

Haha.. too bad I have to wait 3-5 hours for both binks to be completed. :(

Some_God said:
Haha.. too bad I have to wait 3-5 hours for both binks to be completed. :(
with the 200Mb I have to wait 58 Mins

With the 90mb I have to wait 20min

How are you getting those speeds?

Im going 5k on 200mb bink and 0 on the other... :(

pics, pics, pics!

Anyone who has downloaded, post some screens.

can someone post what these movies are ? these days "new binks" can mean anything.. most of the time it means old shit in a bink format.

incorrigible said:
Sorry ... it's fileshack and not fileplanet. Either way, I'm going to wait for mirrors as well. Don't like either of those two download sites.

I love FP, it's so convient, fast download speeds. I was getting 1.5 megabytes,thats right BYTES not BITS per second a few days ago, alas that hasn't happened since but, it was still pretty sweet :)

Although you do have to shell out money to them, but it was worth it for me. I got there Founders Club, gave me all there programs, no ads, FP, IGN, no ads on IGN. Pretty good deal.

EDIT: JarMan thanks for the link buddy, getting 752 KB/sec :cheers:

Wow...the Ravenholm video is an "extended edition" with extra footage from that scene than VALVe showed at E3 this year.

smacky said:
can someone post what these movies are ? these days "new binks" can mean anything.. most of the time it means old shit in a bink format.

Tenements: Gordon walking through a set of apartments of deppressed citizens and metrocops keeping there oppressive order.

Ravenholm: Could be one of two things (or maybe both) either father gregori in the graveyard, or the toolshed zombie physics scene.

Anyone who has the binks - start posting pics/screens already - I have to wait for like 7 hours. ;(

The torrents rock..up to 40K a second and rising on the 90 meg one. 20 and rising on the 200 meg one. (Takes awhile to connect to peers...)

Damnit File Planet..

UPDATE YOUR DAMN SITE!

I have an account for a reason!

A2597 said:
The torrents rock..up to 40K a second and rising on the 90 meg one. 20 and rising on the 200 meg one. (Takes awhile to connect to peers...)

yeah the 90meg file was going at 20k at first but now over 250k for me. Ther other hasn't sped up too much yet though (going between 9-20k).

smacky said:

Read the entire thread. I've said what's in them. It's the same thing as the e3 2004 videos. The Oppressed Apartment scene and the Fast Zombie/Father Grigori scene.

EDIT: Sorry, late reply. My net always runs stupidly slow when I'm download torrents. Also, the Raverholm scene could be the part with the sawblades, I didn't think of that.

Seesh - most downloaded files:

Half-life 2: E3 2004 trailer bink
Half-life 2: train station bink
Counter strike: source 500 MB movie pack
cs:s movie
Half-life 2: Gman bink

--------------------

Source media is invading sites...

Some_God said:
How are you getting those speeds?

Im going 5k on 200mb bink and 0 on the other... :(

its called correct settings with the best torrent client, firewall OFF, plus 1mbit connection :)

Wee.... Only 8 minutes left for tenement bink is done! :D

The Thing said:

2 mins for the 90mb

30min for the 200mb :cheers: :E

i hate fileplanet for a reason:

i needed to download a patch for an old game like one from '97-'98
i found the patch at fileplanet click on download see servers, :eek: :eek: :sniper: :sniper: :flame: :x wtf all ten servers have 400-500 slots all servers are full all servers have minimal 50 min wait damn it not going to download that patch here.

you're not going to say to me that 4000-5000 people want to download the patch of the old game at the same time they just fill up those servers by there own computers

The Thing said:
Eight minutes???

The Thing, where do you live exactly? DON'T LEAVE TOWN!

j/k

Post some screens you high connection speed, whores. ;(

7 hours Ravenholm...

45 minutes tenements...

Good Videos, i will upload the movies on my site tomorrow, but before, i must go to school.

Print Screen works.

EDIT: Or you can try to "Pring Screen" if you want.

All of you getting slow speeds on the Torrents.. just calm down. It takes a while to throttle up.

I dont want any crappy Binks that we already have seen in some crappy quality already. I want the game. So sick and tired of all this spoilers they release.

Back