NEW HighQuality CS:Source Pics & Jess Cliffe Interview

Bicka said:
To me this means cs source is a stand alone multiplayer game that will be included with HL2, which also has its own multiplayer...

On second thought, I think you're right. He may just be saying that HL2 won't include DOD:Source, TFC:Source, etc. He says "with HL2", not "with HL2's single player". If HL2 has its own multiplayer, then that MP is part of HL2 and wouldn't fall under the denial cliffe made.

(Yeah, maybe I am clutching at straws, but I remain POSITIVE Valve wouldn't dump HL2 with no new multiplayer on us.)

Nice screens ... but the scale looks a little off (levels look bigger than originals).

a new terrorist weapon!!

samus arun's arm cannon

CS:S isn't HL2 MP !

Let me explain it this way: what if the CS:S beta was full of bugs and they didn't get those finished in time... that would mean HL2 will ship probably without CS:S and that would mean that HL2 won't have MP option for that time being!

If they can make CS:S MP and they want to create DoD:S and stuff like that in the future then why can't they make a simple mp mode called HL2 DM ?

Heck, even the HL2 beta leak got already mp option (with a bit of editing you already can try to play some selfmade levels with ur friends online ) and there are already words like "Create Server" and "Find Server" located in the HL2 menu!

iamaelephant said:
Wow, that actually looks pretty good. This is coming from someone who cant stand CS and couldnt give a shit about CS:S.

Pretty much think the same.

Those shots look kinda crappy to me. Seems like Source would be capable of way more.

sharp said:
CS:S isn't HL2 MP !

Let me explain it this way: what if the CS:S beta was full of bugs and they didn't get those finished in time... that would mean HL2 will ship probably without CS:S and that would mean that HL2 won't have MP option for that time being!

I think they would just delay HL 2 then.. :x

DarkStar said:
Those shots look kinda crappy to me. Seems like Source would be capable of way more.

I read bits of the article, the atmosphere is suppose to be incredible. Source IS capable of way way more + things can be added to it over time. Things have to be leveled down though cause a lot of people who play CS now have an average machine.

Nice shots, but they've messed the glock up. The shell ejection port should be on the other side of the gun, to prevent casings from being ejected in front of the user. Don't quite know why they've done it like that.

Abom said:
Nice shots, but they've messed the glock up. The shell ejection port should be on the other side of the gun, to prevent casings from being ejected in front of the user. Don't quite know why they've done it like that.

Cus nothing is more funny then getting hit in the eye by a shell after you fired :D

The Mistress said:
Cus nothing is more funny then getting hit in the eye by a shell after you fired :D
Indeed! Nothing quite like a hot piece of metal to liven the party up.

Couldn't it be a left-handed version of the gun held in the wrong hand? It's the same with the M4A1 & AK (I think).

Crusader said:
They should just close topics once everyone has said everything good that can be said about new media, because then there is just a deluge of people wanting rain on the parade...

Yeah, it's not like this is a discussion forum or anything. Oh, wait...

KinGadY said:
Half-Life 2 will come with CS: Source. Right now, we do not plan to include any other multiplayer games with Half-Life 2.

May be wishful thinking of my part, but it might just be that they mean other multiplayer games such as TFC or DOD. It would really suck if CS:S was really the only mp.

The 'cartoonish' look is the result of HDR, and i personally think that this looks much better than I anticipated, Damn I cant wait for NS:Source. I might just have to get cz so I can play test this (if my damned x800xt will ever get here).

Those pics are extremely awesome, I don't know why people say they suck for this or that.

Only a thing I noted - a terrorist is shooting his fellow teammates! :E

Whoah. Wha...? So CS:S is HL2's only MP??? Did we know that for sure before this interview? I definitely did not. I am extremely disappointed. CS is ok, but there is no HL flavor in it. This makes no sense.

I wasn't impressed with the first CS:S screens but these ones look really good.

I dont like the idea that HL2 has no multiplayer besides cs, but I will still no doubt have tons of fun with cs:S and HL2 mp will be made in plenty of mods (with manipulator hint hint)

I have just sent an email to gabe n. asking if we at least get an hl2dm

cliffe: Half-Life 2 will come with CS: Source. Right now, we do not plan to include any other multiplayer games with Half-Life 2.

But wait... maybe by saying "any other multiplayer games" he means that CS:S is the only addon included. Maybe there still will be a dedicated HL2 MP. I can hope...

It wont matter if valve releases DM or not... Their is already mods for DM.

No more addons? I'd really prefer TFC:S over CS:S :( But CS:S's still awesome :)

They will still release the source ports and probably not charge hl2 customers, they just probably dont have enough content to push them out with hl2. (plus think how hammered steam would get if they ALL came out at once, talk about chaos.

Abom said:

they've actually explained this...it simply looks cooler that way. if the ejection port was located on the right side the player wouldn't get to see the ejection action as much...that's why.(oh wait..or maybe that was the stalker team explaining that...oh well guess it's somewhat the same reason)

The bullet ejection is the same in CS these days. It ejects on the wrong side but looks cooler!

The article is located @ http://www.csnation.net/articles.php/article_192/

I would appreciate it if the thread author would edit his post to link to our article, as well as only quote a small portion of the interview so that readers have the chance to see all of CSN's CS: Source coverage.

Thanks for your support, guys!

rizzuh said:
The article is located @ http://www.csnation.net/articles.php/article_192/

I would appreciate it if the thread author would edit his post to link to our article, as well as only quote a small portion of the interview so that readers have the chance to see all of CSN's CS: Source coverage.

Thanks for your support, guys!

we actually already have that...AND in the appropiate forum(CS:S-forum)

so Rizzuh could you clarify that last statement Cliffe gave?

HOLY SHIT! why dont valve release this high-rez shots of hl2>!!!

Godamn amazing. Man i actually dont mind about hl2 MP anymore. Yeesh anticipation returned.

I'm just wondering how it's going to come out looking on my computer...those screenshots were obviously taken with extremely high resolution and all of the extra graphical goodies enabled.

CS-Nation: Is CS: Source the only multiplayer game shipping with Half-Life 2?
cliffe: Half-Life 2 will come with CS: Source. Right now, we do not plan to include any other multiplayer games with Half-Life 2.

WTF!. COP OUT. i would NOT buy hl2 if i knew this earlier. too bad i have a free coupong.

WTF IS valve thinking. Godamn now i gotta wait for mods and bullshit.

Lobster said:
It is a really really unfortunate position for an ejected bullet casing

I thought at first: WTF?
Is that some kind of rocketlauncher?

A|2SENIC said:
I'm just wondering how it's going to come out looking on my computer...those screenshots were obviously taken with extremely high resolution and all of the extra graphical goodies enabled.

Actually it's not that high of a resolution, looks like 800x600 with high Anti-Aliasing enabled. Looks damn good though, I really can't wait to play this :D

Some people freak out a little too much over Cliffe's comment, it doens't say it one way or another so there's no need to go into cardiac arrest or anything

Subz said:
CS-Nation: Is CS: Source the only multiplayer game shipping with Half-Life 2?

WTF!. COP OUT. i would NOT buy hl2 if i knew this earlier. too bad i have a free coupong.

WTF IS valve thinking. Godamn now i gotta wait for mods and bullshit.

What are you talking about? you get HL2 SP & MP and you get CS:Source as well? whats the cop out?

Back