+++++New Movie+++++

I really like the part where the servers die and no mirrors are avalible.

Oh, cool :- )

If someone has a torrent link, please don't hesitate to post it.

Prepare to get mobbed Dagobert. And thanks! Can't seem to get CVG downloads to work no matter what I try.

BTW, isn't Dagobert a club in Quebec City? I have the t-shirt, I think.

lol 1017 bytes per second :bounce:

should see what its all about in ooooooooooooo 9 hours

yeah gd find now goin at a smooth 90k/s:bounce:

nobody cares how fast your download is going...please...like Kuros said, try not to post things that aren't actual discussion or new information

Ready. Hmm, didnt fall under 90 kbytes per sec, didnt expect that :- )

well done for getting a link up Reiska.

Shame it really is of little interest. For those who aint got it. Its a slightly higher quality chunk of the first third (or thereabouts) of the large e3 movie. 'Gman welcome' thorugh to 'Take down combine gunship with RPG' followed by 'Gman goodbye'.

No need to get your knckers in a twist over it you 56kers. You aint missing out.

watched the whole thing.its a compilation of the e3-stuff but in high resolution.bit of strider action and the buggy scene.Looks very nice but if you already saw it multiple times....

I got 500KB/sec from the mirror. The video consists of:

-G-man
-Alyx
-Dune Buggy
-Strider
-Ending of G-Man video

You can tell that it's just encoded from a Bink exe, since there is the HL2 logo in the beginning. They should just forget about Steam and release the remaining videos to the fans via alternative methods (FileShack, BitTorrent, etc.) instead of sending them out to the press.

You guys do know what this means, right?
CVG got the bink format, but they sacraficed quality (and resolution) which would please their visitors and decided that "branding" it would be better instead.

Assholes.

- omlette

Originally posted by Maskirovka
nobody cares how fast your download is going...please...like Kuros said, try not to post things that aren't actual discussion or new information

I was posting to thank Reiska for the download link, some people like to see thanks for something they've provided.

Reiska where are you from?

Got 1.19 mb per second on your server.
Took 25 seconds to dl the movie. :)

Originally posted by dramamine
Reiska where are you from?

Got 1.19 mb per second on your server.
Took 25 seconds to dl the movie. :)

Im from Finland. The server itself is old pos but its on 100Mb/s link so your download should not be capped. RRD shows avg 4MB/s rate at the moment.

Originally posted by Lex Talionis
I was posting to thank Reiska for the download link, some people like to see thanks for something they've provided.

i was referring to the people that said "i'm gettnig blah per second" and that's all they said. i didn't say "LEX TALIONIS YOU ARE A MORON" now did i?

the sound is great!

did you guys notice the physics enabled objects react different from the E3 footage?
it's especially noticable when the alien gunship (?) is shooting the cars.

overall, i think the video quality is pretty bad...
i just want the steam vids! :D

Can you get 100mb/s at home in Finland?
I'm in Sweden and have 10mbit but my providers net
is easily upgraded to 100 when they want to.

Originally posted by Reiska
Im from Finland. The server itself is old pos but its on 100Mb/s link so your download should not be capped. RRD shows avg 4MB/s rate at the moment.

Originally posted by @bel
the sound is great!

did you guys notice the physics enabled objects react different from the E3 footage?

I haven't seen the new video yet, but the demo playback has a few bugs, it made the wood splinter before the crowbar hit it. Maybe that's the reason?
And is that difference you see, improved or not?

I'd just like to stress to people that don't have the video yet that there is nothing new in it. It is basically just a rehashed E3 release, with a lot of footage removed. The sound and video is NOT better quality and there is little reason to get this. It's best to wait until you can get the Bink copy of the full E3 vid...

Originally posted by dramamine
Can you get 100mb/s at home in Finland?
I'm in Sweden and have 10mbit but my providers net
is easily upgraded to 100 when they want to.

If you pay enough, you'll get 1G to your bathroom but I dont have such money :) The server in question is not at my home.

I didn't notice any differences.

the sound is great!

the sound is great!

Newell explained that demos will come out different each time as far as physics, and they will differ from what ACUTALLY happened on screen. So we must be looking at a different demo.

It's E3's videos in good resolution.. nice though.

BTW, I noticed something I never noticed before- When the strider starts shooting the person in the beginning of the clip, he hits some windows and they brake :) cool/

Originally posted by Reiska
If you pay enough, you'll get 1G to your bathroom but I dont have such money :) The server in question is not at my home.

Well sure, but 10mb only costs $20 here per month.

Originally posted by Ralphus
Newell explained that demos will come out different each time as far as physics, and they will differ from what ACUTALLY happened on screen. So we must be looking at a different demo.

If there are any differences it's the same demos played on another computer.
The physics info is not stored in the demo file but calculated by HL2 each time it's played.

I was unimpresed. Still crappy quality , not a BINK file thats for sure.

Back