+++++New Movie+++++

Originally posted by dramamine
Well sure, but 10mb only costs $20 here per month.

Its because your government pays most of it, here it depends. Some new houses those have ethernet cables installed, can get 10M connections very cheap.

Originally posted by PvtRyan
I haven't seen the new video yet, but the demo playback has a few bugs, it made the wood splinter before the crowbar hit it. Maybe that's the reason?
And is that difference you see, improved or not?
no, it's just re-rendered i guess...
it's the same player path, but the physics react differently.

Originally posted by Reiska
Its because your government pays most of it, here it depends.

They do? My provider is a commercial company.

OK vid I suppose. Passes the time. Anyone who hasn't got it yet isn't missing anything. Not much higher quality than the E3 movie. If they changed it from a bink movie to host it that really sucks.

They do? My provider is a commercial company.

I think in sweden they have this program by the government that they pay ISP:s some money so they could drop prices or something. You are the swede here, you should know :)

I have BT Broadband 512KBit AND i PAY £27.99.

UK is EXTERMLY expensive.

one nice thing i spotted in that vid, was that a nearby barrel flew towards you when the strider did that warp attack or whatever at the end of the vid.

This could provide some cool physics scenes with all sorts of objects flying around when the strider does that attack

the barrel can be seen at 04:38, i would post a screenie but print screen likes to go dodgy on printscreening files in windows media player.

UK is EXTERMLY expensive.
Daily Mail reader are you?

UK is less expensive than some countries and more expensive than others.

Stop complaining.

Hmm.. Well, I go to NTNU and get 100 Mb/sec at home for free.... plus 200+ mb webspace on their webserver (No idea of the bandwith to that..)

Well sure, but 10mb only costs $20 here per month.

:eek:

I pay 50 euro's a month for 1.5 mbit down and 128 kbps up

BACK ON TOPIC

Chances are this movie has also been sent to other magazines/websites to I'd expect the Bink version to be available in a couple of days....

Its because your government pays most of it, here it depends. Some new houses those have ethernet cables installed, can get 10M connections very cheap.

Here it's about 100$ per month for 3Mb connection. Plus another 40$ for the phone company.

We don't even dream about having 10Mb :/ Only companies use them

But I got my 750Kb and I'm happy :)

--------------------
back to topic:

I believe all videos will be available in 13 days =)

i pay 50$ a month for 768kbytes down 128 up (and lemme tell ya haha it downloads MUCH faster than it says [i LOVE you optimum online])

This thread could use that "faster download = bigger penis" -picture ;)

In some European countries the governments are actually promoting broadband development unlike in the United States.

I have read that certain governments are even pushing to get fiber-optic cable running to every home within the next 10 years.

Over here in the US of A... "It's not cost-effective"

"... by 2010 fiber optic connections could account for as much as 30 percent of all Internet connections in the European Union."

The movies do have excellent sound though compared to the e3 originals. The music just kicks ass and the sound is amazing in the buggy scene!!! I want the bink version of these though, and they cut alot out.

I wish they'd release the one where Gordon shoves a wrench in some machine causing it to stop.

Originally posted by OCybrManO

"... by 2010 fiber optic connections could account for as much as 30 percent of all Internet connections in the European Union."

We won't need fiber optics here, with the current cables we can reach 120 mbps according to my ISP :D

OT: I expect these movies in .bik format pretty soon, not on Steam though because Valve can't afford any more stress on the network.
If this will be a FP exclusive I'll go nuts :p

Originally posted by switch
one nice thing i spotted in that vid, was that a nearby barrel flew towards you when the strider did that warp attack or whatever at the end of the vid.

This could provide some cool physics scenes with all sorts of objects flying around when the strider does that attack

the barrel can be seen at 04:38, i would post a screenie but print screen likes to go dodgy on printscreening files in windows media player.
anyone actually read my post? ;(

I think this is the highest-quality video we've seen so far of the last part with the G-man and all the math symbols flying by ... that might be worth frame-by-framing though and taking some screenshots.

Huh? I have a 100 % commercial ISP and they pulled ethernet into my apartment, I pay 295 SEK / month, that's about $35 per month for 10 mbit.

Also, I have a phone service via that ethernet cable, they put a Cisco Voice over IP box in my apartment that I plug my phone line into. Cheaper than regular phone service and works just the same.

If I remember right they only said it was Chinese in the E3 movie but I believe it is Cantonise. It definately wasn't Japanese.

Edit I would like to know how to spell Cantonise as well.

Originally posted by Heitai
If I remember right they only said it was Chinese in the E3 movie but I believe it is Cantonise. It definately wasn't Japanese.

Edit I would like to know how to spell Cantonise as well.

Cantonese is Chinese, just like Mandarin is.

the G-Man says: "I guess we won't be working together"

or so i read in previous threads on this.

Since the video was really nothing new, Im taking it offline. My old server wont like this continuous 30-40Mbps traffic.

Sorry I forgot to say thanks for the download Reiska.

Thank you!

anyone else got this not in wmv format? when i play wmv files i get no video :( just sound

Back