News-Iraq Churches Hit

Enigma

Reaction score
Iraq’s Christian churches hit Sunday by six coordinated car bombings in Baghdad and Mosul – four churches in Baghdad, two in northern town of Mosul. Number of casualties believed massive. First direct terrorist assault on Iraq’s Christian community struck Catholic, Armenian, Assyrian and Chaldean worshippers. Key bridge in Mosul also struck.

:x This sucks

My friend in Mosul (talking over AIM) said it wasn't that important of a bridge.

Maybe it was shaped like a key....

Anyway, in seriousness, I was wondering when this was going to start happening.

oh right, just because they hit a church its sad, when they hit a mosque, its a victory.

KinGadY said:
oh right, just because they hit a church its sad, when they hit a mosque, its a victory.
Bombs fall stray live with it. On a side note no one really cares about a mosque except for the EU and Muslims

most of you are full of shit, only think of your own people...(colour/religion)

KinGadY said:
oh please shut up... that comment is kinda racist too
How so please explain?

most of you are full of shit, only think of your own people...(colour/religion)
You could explain this also?

I doubt you really know anything, Lets see if you can reply with your own words, also get your hands off ctrl+c.

so enigma, you don't care about all the people that die when a mosque burns?

Enigma said:
Bombs fall stray live with it. On a side note no one really cares about a mosque except for the EU and Muslims

that is pretty racist. you sound like a typical pro-war fan boy.

war isn't fun and games. you're sitting comfy on your burger filled behind reading about this stuff.

i feel sorry for you. it's got nothing to do with 'political correctness'. it's just a plain wrong attitude, and people with that sort of attitude really need to be sent to the front line armed with a pocket knife. see if you return with the same attitude. :hmph:

The ****?

Churches, you just DON'T attack churches.

I don't think mosques were ever an intended target, and yes, shit does happen and bombs can miss. But this attack was a coordinated attack against a non military target.

Dedalus said:

war isn't fun and games. you're sitting comfy on your burger filled behind reading about this stuff.

i feel sorry for you. it's got nothing to do with 'political correctness'. it's just a plain wrong attitude, and people with that sort of attitude really need to be sent to the front line armed with a pocket knife. see if you return with the same attitude. :hmph:
Spare me. As Foxtrot said there is a huge difference between a coordinated attacks on Church than there is on a bomb falling on the wrong target.

Shit happens, but if 100 Terorrist decide they are gonig to kill everyone in a church it is different.

Foxtrot said:
I don't think mosques were ever an intended target, and yes, shit does happen and bombs can miss. But this attack was a coordinated attack against a non military target.
Fox it hit right on the mark.I think this little war might be getting out of hand...gg bush.

MaxiKana said:
The ****?

Churches, you just DON'T attack churches.

The ****?

A Mosque being bombed just because a army "thinks" there are terrorists in it You just dont.

Enigma said:
Spare me. As Foxtrot said there is a huge difference between a coordinated attacks on Church than there is on a bomb falling on the wrong target.

Shit happens, but if 100 Terorrist decide they are gonig to kill everyone in a church it is different.

what on earth does Foxtrot's comment have to do with yours?

anyway. i've had enough of reasoning with fools.

carry on.

I think some of you maybe a little confused on this, the intent of the terrorists attacks were just to kill civilians, the intent of (I don't even know what bombing we are talking about) the coalition(I am assuming) bombing was to take out a military target that posed a threat to the saftey of Iraq.

-TaNaKa- said:
A Mosque being bombed just because a army "thinks" there are terrorists in it You just dont.

I think I remember what you were talking about...

From what I recall, the soldiers were pinned down by fire from insurgents camped out in a Mosque. I believe that the Geneva conventions say that you can't attack a religious building, unless of course they turn it into a militarized stronghold, which they did.

Similarly, going by the Geneva conventions, you can't shoot a doctor or a chaplain... unless of course they pick up a weapon, at which point they become a combatant.

Dedalus said:

dedalus i think he is telling the truth, we all don't care about muslims and we wish them death ??????????????

personlay i don't but most of us (WHITE world) do ????????? :dozey:

I do not want to sound one sided but allies of the United States such as Israel has bombed Mosques on purpose

Enigma said:
I do not want to sound one sided but allies of the United States such as Israel has bombed Mosques on purpose

Proof, sources? You can't just come up with shit like that and not back it up.

DreamThrall said:
Proof, sources? You can't just come up with shit like that and not back it up.
Get out more ill get some links

ok, some people in this thread have just pretty much implied that they could care less if children in the mosques die, b/c they're muslim, but if they're christian it's a totally different story

oh, they're not racist though, nope, not one bit :dozey:

Sai said:
ok, some people in this thread have just pretty much implied that they could care less if children in the mosques die, b/c they're muslim, but if they're christian it's a totally different story

oh, they're not racist though, nope, not one bit :dozey:
What if i told you i hated all races equally? :upstare:

You decide what you think I imply in my threads, someone may think that I am smart person another person that I am stupid. Its you your self interpreting what I am writing.

DreamThrall said:
I think I remember what you were talking about...

From what I recall, the soldiers were pinned down by fire from insurgents camped out in a Mosque. I believe that the Geneva conventions say that you can't attack a religious building, unless of course they turn it into a militarized stronghold, which they did.

Similarly, going by the Geneva conventions, you can't shoot a doctor or a chaplain... unless of course they pick up a weapon, at which point they become a combatant.

nope , they just assumed it. there are many accidents like these.

When i thought of it, this is a stupid thread. I mean, mosques are being destroyed or attacked everyday. And now a churche is attacked, its like big news or something....

Mosques aren't being attacked every day.

But anyway, it's despicable, attacking someone in their place of worship, no matter what their religious views. However, if people are holed up in a religious building, fighting, then fine, move in.

EDIT: Someone already posted that ;o

I know this is a bad thing, that'll lead to more killing, but, think of the upside.

There isn't a huge amount of racial descrimination now. Hey, anyone can get killed!

ComradeBadger said:
Mosques aren't being attacked every day.

But anyway, it's despicable, attacking someone in their place of worship, no matter what their religious views. However, if people are holed up in a religious building, fighting, then fine, move in.

EDIT: Someone already posted that ;o

Yeah, I'm in agreement that attacking a house of worship is despicable. Even worse though, is using a house of worship as a moral shield. I guess that's just the way these people work though.

They fully know that if they hole themselves up in churches and mosques, and around civilians, they'll be able to give whoever they're attacking (the US, Israel, etc) a bad name for fighting back. They know fully well civilians will get caught in the crossfire, which is why they do it that way in the first place.

Sadly yet another human tragidy thread has turned into a mindless tit for tat political debate, completely moving away from the gravity of this.

Enough people probably died to equal everyone you know...Imagine for a moment, every single person you know and love being blow up and killed in one of the most horrific ways possible.

Foxtrot said:

Quoted for the truth.

Very sad news...

Back