Nintendo Revolution Fully Unveiled!!!

Agent.M said:
Like I have been saying from the very beginning with the annoucment of these new consoles coming, nintendo will always have my heart with the nes but I honestly think they are about to bomb.

Im starting to think the same thing based on what I've seen so far. I think they're putting all their focus on the handheld market. I'd hate to see them totally give up on the console end.

Man have a lot of you not been paying attention to what Nintendo has been saying? If anything they had temporarily abandoned the console market with the Gamecube and have now decided to enter back into the market. Some kind of new controller, free online gaming, download any Nintendo game you want from any other system they already made. That stuff alone is getting me excited and I havn't even seen any of the new games yet.

Nintendo always play their hands close to their chest - always have done. We won't see anything untill there's something worth showing. They also don't get involved in the willy waving competition of comparing machines spec for spec, but instead let their games do the talking :)

I'm certain of one thing - all the next gen consoles will be powerful enough. As always, it's all about the games, not how many polygons are flying about.

satch919 said:
Im starting to think the same thing based on what I've seen so far. I think they're putting all their focus on the handheld market. I'd hate to see them totally give up on the console end.

Nintendo dominate the handheld market, guess they're playing to one of their strengths.

I think you means cards not hands Warbie. ;)

You don't launch a new console if you're taking your emphasis off of them. They're making a run of it, one way or another.

Warbie said:
Nintendo always play their hands close to their chest - always have done. We won't see anything untill there's something worth showing. They also don't get involved in the willy waving competition of comparing machines spec for spec, but instead let their games do the talking :)

I'm certain of one thing - all the next gen consoles will be powerful enough. As always, it's all about the games, not how many polygons are flying about.
Quoted for Truth. Way too many people here are writting Nintendo off simply because they havn't seen any games from them yet.
SimonomiS said:
I think you means cards not hands Warbie. ;)
I've heard either works. Think "a poker hand".

The Mullinator said:
Some kind of new controller, free online gaming, download any Nintendo game you want from any other system they already made. That stuff alone is getting me excited and I havn't even seen any of the new games yet.

C maybe for u, but none of that gets me excited at all and like I said Im some what of a N fanboy I would care less about a new controller or free online gaming or being able to dl old nintendo games i mean comon whoopie doo :dozey:

Agent.M said:
C maybe for u, but none of that gets me excited at all and like I said Im some what of a N fanboy I would care less about a new controller or free online gaming or being able to dl old nintendo games i mean comon whoopie doo :dozey:
So all you care about then are the games? Yet you are thinking Nintendo could flop even though you havn't seen any of them yet?

Also how can you say free online gaming means nothing. That is a major feature.

The Mullinator said:
Quoted for Truth. Way too many people here are writting Nintendo off simply because they havn't seen any games from them yet.

I've heard either works. Think "a poker hand".

But you never have two poker hands do you? :eek:
Not a big poker fan.
The fact you can download 20 years of Nintendo games pretty much has me sold actually.

Warbie said:
No, but there's more than one round in a poker game ;)

Ah ok, I'll let you off (even though it should be the other way around.)

Iwata said:
Convinced game development on Revolution will be easier and far less costly than for other machines. "Big idea can prevail over big budget." Revolution is a solution to help maximize creative freedom. Iwata then talks about backward compatibility. "Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made. "Revolution shares a vision with DS. The machine is just a tool for software."

:thumbs:

"However, Nintendo told the newspaper "It's not all about having 'turbo power', It's about what you do with it."

Sounds like reasoning from a company that is trying desperatly to keep up with the turbo charged machines by stating that they are going a different way since their car isnt fast enought to keep up with the others they have to try and find a short cut!

Agent.M said:
"However, Nintendo told the newspaper "It's not all about having 'turbo power', It's about what you do with it."

Sounds like reasoning from a company that is trying desperatly to keep up with the turbo charged machines by stating that they are going a different way since their car isnt fast enought to keep up with the others they have to try and find a short cut!

Or, "Its not the size, its what you do with it."
Now who agrees? ;)

SimonomiS said:
Or, "Its not the size, its what you do with it."
Now who agrees? ;)
heh heh:

Sony: I have the bigger engine!
Microsoft: No I have the bigger engine!!
Nintendo: Can you keep it down out there guys the lady doesn't like all the yelling.

Agent.M said:
Did mummy buy your computer?

Agent.M said:

No, it sounds to me like a game company focusing on *GASP* games. Imagine that.

StardogChampion said:
Did mummy buy your computer?

Nope

Fishlore said:
No, it sounds to me like a game company focusing on *GASP* games. Imagine that.

Meh Ill believe it when I see it , yet considering we havnt even seen any games yet Ill give you that but Im sure as hell not holding my breath for anything better than what we have seen from PS3 or 360.

By far the best looking of the three shown. Xbox 360 and PS3 are just too big. Plus the black and blue color scheme rocks. An awsome bonus is the downloadable classic games, which is awsome!

""With IBM, we are creating Revolution's core processor, which we have codenamed Broadway because Broadway is the capital of live entertainment," he said. "With ATI, we are developing the graphics chipset, codenamed Hollywood because Hollywood is the capital of movie entertainment. With Revolution, we are determined to create the new capital of interactive entertainment.""

Only just found that out. Nice touch. :)

As far as I know Nintendo never said these "downloadable classic games" would be available for *free*

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the Nintendo "revolution"? What, am I supposed to be creaming my pants just because Nintendo said it would be "revolutionary"?

Use your heads people, I liked Nintendo up until N64. If they want to amaze me it's going to take more than simple marketspeak, they're going to have to lose their whole "I'm mysterious" crap and come clean with gamers, tell us why exactly, should we buy their product if we know nothing about it.

Rico said:
As far as I know Nintendo never said these "downloadable classic games" would be available for *free*

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the Nintendo "revolution"? What, am I supposed to be creaming my pants just because Nintendo said it would be "revolutionary"?

Use your heads people, I liked Nintendo up until N64. If they want to amaze me it's going to take more than simple marketspeak, they're going to have to lose their whole "I'm mysterious" crap and come clean with gamers, tell us why exactly, should we buy their product if we know nothing about it.
They said that online gaming would be free. Then they said that you would be able to download all of their old games. They never said downloading the old games would be free.

Also people are excited because we know that they will be offering something different from Sony and Microsoft. If you don't believe it won't be different in some new way aside from just the games then you obviously havn't actually heard what Nintendo has been saying. Also why should they just release all the information right away? This is how they have always done it and anyone who knows anything about marketing will know that although it is a risk this will build a great deal of interest in the product which is always a good thing.

They also aren't in any rush to make people buy their product since non of the new consoles will be released for quite a while. Also perhaps you should consider the fact that just because Sony and Microsoft claim their consoles are 30 or 15 times better than their current models doesn't translate to being 30 or 15 times better looking.

Rico said:

Who cares if they aren't? There are a few games that I missed out on on various consoles and would welcome the chance to play them.

PS3 for teh win because of its spiderman phont! but I will still pla revolution as long as its not a tiny little box...is it a tiny little box?

MarcoPollo said:
PS3 for teh win because of its spiderman phont! but I will still pla revolution as long as its not a tiny little box...is it a tiny little box?
Apparently it will be getting smaller than the pictures they have already released. So yes, although why you won't want something because it isn't big doesn't make much sense to me.

Shamrock said:
Please tell me you guys have seen the pictures of the controllers. If not, here they are..

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1252683260425672.JPG?0.751425320732948

Wow..
/me waits for Nintendo haters to come in claiming it will be to weird to control even though they have no idea how it will actually feel.

Whoa, futureistic! but I like it better when the left and right are connected so when im being all crazy i can put force on the controller without flailing my arms like an idiot. I hope all these new consoles are compatible with the old controllers.

Ol'Master said:
What the hell is this?

Found this on another forum. This isn't some secret Nintendo plan is it? Hope this isn't old news...

It was a fake video released by some random unknown people. Nintendo would never reveal their machine on a video anyway. That's how I knew it was fake. It would be mighty rockin though.

Does that say "gyroscopic control"? What exactly does that mean? The arrows next to it are pointing up/down.

Also, what's the title in the top-left all about? "nesVolution"?

EDIT: Meh... old?

StardogChampion said:
Does that say "gyroscopic control"? What exactly does that mean? The arrows next to it are pointing up/down.

Also, what's the title in the top-left all about? "nesVolution"?

EDIT: Meh... old?
Im pretty sure it does say "gyroscopic" and it probably means that it can sense how you are moving the controller in 3d-space. In other words in can detect and work based on your hands moving the controllers around instead of just pushing buttons.

I really doubt thats the controller, if its is its pretty cool, but I doubt it, I will wait for an official press release for the controller.

You know what would be amazing...If there was no controller :O ,You control it with your mind.

IGN said:
9:44 am: Reggie says good bye: "Be prepared to let your right brain run wild."

I doubt those are the controllers. How would you play the old Nintendo games on them, or even the GC games on those controllers? Plus, the controllers are Nintendo's biggest secret, I doubt they would show them a year before release.

Those look like someone rendered them to me. So those might be false. I am not too certain.

Back