Official "I have Doom 3" thread.

I just bought it, now to finish up experiments and go home and play play play.

Oooh! My copy just turned up in the post today! :D And, omg... it's a cardboard box. I thought DVD Cases were the norm now? It's the size of a DVD case, but - cardboard.

[EDIT] Haha, forget that. Opened it and it has a DVD case inside the cardboard box. I wasen't expecting that.

RoyalWithCheese, you used to be known as Duexex2

cool nice name, did you get it from pulp fiction ?

slight change of subject gorgon....lol. OMG I HAVE DOOM 3...and im unimpressed kind of. its AMAZING for the first...5 hrs, but then you kinda get less and less scared as you go through...although facing 2 pinky demons in the same room is ****ing scary :E

SOAK UP DOOM 3's GLORY PEOPLE!!!!...until HL2 comes out that is :D

I got it today from my local GAME. So far I'm having a great time, it's pretty scary. Some bit's are a bit frustrating though, especially when you're fighting the marines it's so dark you can't see where you're meant to be shooting.

mortiz said:
So far I'm having a great time, it's pretty scary. Some bit's are a bit frustrating though, especially when you're fighting the marines it's so dark you can't see where you're meant to be shooting.

Exactly what I was going to post. Amazing graphics, really, really good stuff. 800x600 High, XP 2000+ 512 Ti4800se. ;D

I cranked the brightness up to max - and while it helps see a bit better it actually makes the lighting and specular effects look a lot more sexy. Wubble.

Dux said:
Oooh! My copy just turned up in the post today! :D And, omg... it's a cardboard box. I thought DVD Cases were the norm now? It's the size of a DVD case, but - cardboard.

[EDIT] Haha, forget that. Opened it and it has a DVD case inside the cardboard box. I wasen't expecting that.

That's the exact same thing I thought.

I wonder what's the point. Waste of Cardboard.

lol i threw my cardboard in the bin. it was a complete waste as you say.

omg its so cool when you get zombies slowly walking into the light out of the darkness...you cant help but 'giggle' and think 'that is so cool'...but thats just me :E

Yay. It arrived from gameplay today. Not far into it, but it's very cool.

I have 'Tip Red Smoke Fog' set as my MSN display pic.

Back