Official "I have Doom 3" thread.

damnit! my barton 2800 is stuck at 2000 right now because i need new 333mhz ram

Stormy said:
12:59 am :S
His mommy is a night owl? :LOL:

-TaNaKa- said:
So are there no outdoor places in this game?

I want to see some outdoor screenshots. So keep on playing until you get there :)
The PC Gamer review mentioned going outside on the surface of Mars...

lol, i'm joking, I found a fake installer. It actually worked on like 10 people I know though. :angel:

-TaNaKa- said:
So are there no outdoor places in this game?

I want to see some outdoor screenshots. So keep on playing until you get there :)

That pic from that guy. http://img37.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img37&image=doominstall.jpg&t=y

What windows theme is he using? :p

There are som really small outdoor places in the game. When you walk betwen diffrenet places in the mars facility you sometimes have to walk on the mars surface to get there..there are no big outdoor areas tho..i dont have any screenshots but its nothing spectacular..

What store did you get it from tanaka and how did your mother get it?? Stores are not allowed to sell it.

This game is scaring the shit out of me.

Never played a scarier game... EVER!

wait, is it scarier than like some parts in hl1, like the parts where there are headcrabs in the vents parts?

Sai said:
wait, is it scarier than like some parts in hl1, like the parts where there are headcrabs in the vents parts?

Alot......

well, alright,

that was coming from the guy who said the loud alarms in deus ex scared him, so i'll most likely either/or get a serious heart attack playing doom3 or just plain not sleep at night :(

Sedako said:
lol, i'm joking, I found a fake installer. It actually worked on like 10 people I know though. :angel:

I've got it for real! I bet you're jealous.

h00dlum: Where the hell did you get that chaingun from? I'm running around naked in my pistol (and no bullets in my shotty)!!

What contents are on the CD's? Are there the maps sources and stuff like that included?

see that screenshots make feel bad for my bad PC

*<RJMC> kicks his PC*

more screenshots please MORE!!!!!11

You will go to hell (the place... you know :D) and i heard that its pretty open down there

And that happend when we found Badger naked in the hl2.net spa.

Loke said:
h00dlum: Where the hell did you get that chaingun from? I'm running around naked in my pistol (and no bullets in my shotty)!!

you get it later in the game...i dont remember when i got it. But i got an instruction video when i picked it up.. :) Here is another outdoor pic..looks incredible ingame. I dont know why flash makes the picture so blurry.

And i got a tip for nVidia users with an avarage rig. If you experience choppy gameplay do this for an FPS boost: Go to nVidia Settings>Performance and Quality Settings>Image Settings then choose High Performance. This have been working for many users including me. I now have around 40-60 fps. (used to have 25). And you wont notice any difference with the graphics.

I don't have Doom 3 yet, and I've been avoiding almost any info or new videos of the game. But I really need to know one thing. Do the enemies in Doom 3 have different hit locations? I've heard that D3 has some per pixel hit detection, but does it make any difference whether you blast the head off of a zombie or shoot the leg?

I just got it today and the game is ****ing awesome. Its so scary. It does have per pixel hit detection and it does matter where you hit them.

Well my copy finally came in today, about an hour ago actually. I haven't gotten into the single player yet (waiting for night time to do that) but I played a good 30-40 minutes of multiplayer.

First off, let me say, Neo is full of shit in saying the mp is glitchy at all. Either his system has a problem or he had a pirated copy, I don't know. I have had no major problems with MP thus far, although I will admit that the omission of a Favorites list is inexcusable these days.

Anyway, the 4-player limit is mute because there's already mods out there for more, and I played on a server with 9 other people and had no slowdown/lag whatsoever.

The actual MP is fun as hell, it's a basic mp yes but that means nothing when you get down to the core gameplay. It's fast and frenetic, but can also switch to a slower paced "hunting in the shadows" playstyle instantly. There were many times I stumbled into an ambush, or made one myself. The Plasma Rifle in particular is a vicious weapon to be surprised by.

My only complaint with multiplayer is something that I am not even sure is really a problem as I haven't messed around with the options too much. That problem is the weapon-switching upon picking up a weapon off the ground is pretty wonky. It picks up ANYTHING, so even if you are armed with a plasma rifle and in a firefight with someone, if you run over a pistol (which you already have), it switches to that weapon instantly. I tried to alleviate this by turning off auto-switching, but then it didn't switch to any weapons at all upon pickup. id should consider changing this so it only automatically switches to a "better" weapon. Quite a few FPS do this for mp. Aside from that I have no complaints. It's fun as hell, and just running around the levels with the flashlight on got my mind racing at the thought of the kind of cool shit modders are gonna come up with in their levels.

Also, I know it's been said to death, but I need to say it again, the game looks absolutely phenomenal even on the LOWER settings. I can run it on high, but I went down to medium for MP and I couldn't tell the difference whatsoever. We are so used to seeing the words "medium settings" and expecting a sort of ho-hum, average visual represenatation, but I am making no exaggerationg when I say Doom3's medium settings are on par with the "high" settings of almost any current FPS out. It's that good.

I plan on trying the low setting as well to see how good that looks. The point is that even if you don't have a top of the line PC, if you are over the requirements it's shocking how good it looks. The engine is superb.

Anyway, I'll probably be playing some more MP this afternoon, so if you want to play some or whatever add soundwave239 to your Xfire program.

I'll be getting my copy in the next hour or so!...can't wait! :D

Picked it up today at noon.

I'm still near the beginning, but the Imps have me spooked. Think Trigen from Far Cry.

Soundwave said:
Well my copy finally came in today, about an hour ago actually. I haven't gotten into the single player yet (waiting for night time to do that) but I played a good 30-40 minutes of multiplayer.

First off, let me say, Neo is full of shit in saying the mp is glitchy at all. Either his system has a problem or he had a pirated copy, I don't know. I have had no major problems with MP thus far, although I will admit that the omission of a Favorites list is inexcusable these days.

Anyway, the 4-player limit is mute because there's already mods out there for more, and I played on a server with 9 other people and had no slowdown/lag whatsoever.

The actual MP is fun as hell, it's a basic mp yes but that means nothing when you get down to the core gameplay. It's fast and frenetic, but can also switch to a slower paced "hunting in the shadows" playstyle instantly. There were many times I stumbled into an ambush, or made one myself. The Plasma Rifle in particular is a vicious weapon to be surprised by.

My only complaint with multiplayer is something that I am not even sure is really a problem as I haven't messed around with the options too much. That problem is the weapon-switching upon picking up a weapon off the ground is pretty wonky. It picks up ANYTHING, so even if you are armed with a plasma rifle and in a firefight with someone, if you run over a pistol (which you already have), it switches to that weapon instantly. I tried to alleviate this by turning off auto-switching, but then it didn't switch to any weapons at all upon pickup. id should consider changing this so it only automatically switches to a "better" weapon. Quite a few FPS do this for mp. Aside from that I have no complaints. It's fun as hell, and just running around the levels with the flashlight on got my mind racing at the thought of the kind of cool shit modders are gonna come up with in their levels.

Also, I know it's been said to death, but I need to say it again, the game looks absolutely phenomenal even on the LOWER settings. I can run it on high, but I went down to medium for MP and I couldn't tell the difference whatsoever. We are so used to seeing the words "medium settings" and expecting a sort of ho-hum, average visual represenatation, but I am making no exaggerationg when I say Doom3's medium settings are on par with the "high" settings of almost any current FPS out. It's that good.

I plan on trying the low setting as well to see how good that looks. The point is that even if you don't have a top of the line PC, if you are over the requirements it's shocking how good it looks. The engine is superb.

Anyway, I'll probably be playing some more MP this afternoon, so if you want to play some or whatever add soundwave239 to your Xfire program.

I have to agree with you on all of this. The multiplayer is quite fun. You can turn off that auto switch though its in the options. I can only run the game on medium settings and it still looks amazing. I've played through the singleplayer for about 2 hours and I must say it is everything I was hoping for and more. I just can't stop playing this game :p.

GUYS I HAVE IT IN MY HAND!

Was in a hurry so just got it with half-an-hour, and THEY HAD IT! :D

about to install it, just one final thing I REALLLLLY need to know. Should I stick to 4.7 cats or download the 4.8 beta cat?

My god, the game is beautiful on so many levels! It runs flawslessly on my PC, with medium settings, at 1024x768. I see these amazing things on screen and my mind shouts "Ok, NOW we'll see some slowdown"...but it never happens. I haven't touched any other setting yet, but oh wow does the game look so, so very good on medium. I was floored. The AI offers a surprisingly good challenge as well. The zombies lumber towards you. But the armed guys, and the imps (I've only played for about an hour and a half) actually take cover, move rather fast, and offer a good, fun challenge :)
The mood is perfect, I can't stress this enough...the mood is perfect. It's certainly a scary game. I gave MP a real quick test (don't want to ruin the weapons you see) and it worked just fine for me. No bugs at all, and a smooth experience all around :)

Anyways, back to play :)

i have a problem with the game....after about 5 minutes playin i the sound turns off and i have to restart the game but it still happens.... any idea whats up with it?

lans said:

about to install it, just one final thing I REALLLLLY need to know. Should I stick to 4.7 cats or download the 4.8 beta cat?

I had it since saturday, you slow nerd, and I didnt pay a penny for it.

lans said:

I'd stick with your current drivers unless you encounter a problem.

i just got doom 3 at gamestop this morning woot woot

-merc

This game is awesome. It looks beautiful on my medium graphics and I don't get any lag are all even on parts I think I will. The enemy AI is better than I thought it would be. This is shaping up to be a great game.

I got the game today at 10 (when Gamestop opened)! No more time to talk...must...continue...to play :thumbs:

-Frosty- said:
I got the game today at 10 (when Gamestop opened)! No more time to talk...must continue to play :thumbs:

same here.

heres my doom 3 story:

preordered a while back, had the whole "who is gonna have it in store first fiasco", got too excited yesterday and downloaded it
it had a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR virus, made me format, (not a big deal, since I have partitions for my windows drive)

(Im being serious, it was 1.7gb it was the whole game, all 3 cds it was reloaded but it had a major virus attatched, apparently norton and AVG didnt pick it up though)

anywhoo, Instead of cleaning it I took that as a sign, and just deleted it.. I deserved it for being impatient (and yes I know some of you have to wait even longer.. 13th aug)

but meh.

anywhoo I have had the retail game (I had already pre-paid, I just had to pick it up) since early this morn.. in fact I got the first copy they put on the shelves.

now Im waiting all damn day to play it at night.... I dont wanna spoil it for myself... Im sitting with the game in my hands, and its a lot easier to resist cus.. I have it now.
I installed it, set it up.. and let my dad give it a go.. (he said it was awesome) but I went and watched HIDALGO (pretty boring movie actually... then again I got D3 on the brain)... so now its 2:30PM and a long ways of from the night... I guess its back to more "Need For Speed Underground"

Back